Two days in and I’m going mental ( new book time )

That’s bullsh*t mate, they shouldn’t take you out of the 80% because of a voluntary closure, if you have filled a tax return in then you should be entitled to some help, my brother is in the same situation, he’s a self employed boarder and the three sites he was working on have all done the same, it’s looking like our dear old mam is going to have to bail him out ( not for the first time, he is sh*t with money )

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My little mate Hugo told his Mam that he wanted a climbing frame like the one at school with a swing, she said to him that they are to expensive at the minute and sent me a picture say can you do this

My mates little girl made me a cake for my first day at work ( even though I’ve worked for him for about the past 8 years ) she said her daddy had to be nice to me because I was helping him because he

Well I’ve done it, I’ve left my mechanic job and I start out in the big wild world on my own tomorrow, fingers crossed ? I’ve made the right decision ?

Posted Images

My Mrs can't get anything too. Makes me laugh when they say Great Britain. What's great about it? Crippled NHS, pot holes everywhere, violent crime everywhere, drugs and you can't hunt with archery gear or a muzzloader other than smoothbores. What's great about it?

59 minutes ago, Stavross said:

That’s bullsh*t mate, they shouldn’t take you out of the 80% because of a voluntary closure, if you have filled a tax return in then you should be entitled to some help, my brother is in the same situation, he’s a self employed boarder and the three sites he was working on have all done the same, it’s looking like our dear old mam is going to have to bail him out ( not for the first time, he is sh*t with money )

That’s the building trade for you stav...

after the last recession I decided I ain’t going through that sh1te again...  gonna give it a couple of weeks see what’s what!

had a couple of full on job swaps offered lately.. moneys not great but better than nowt 

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, Stavross said:

It looks like my brother is going van driving for ASDA I’m sure it’s not what he wants and the money won’t be up to much but at this time if it keeps your head above water you have to do it 

Needs must when you’ve got kids and mortgages to worry about.. 

im just gonna sit back and evaluate what’s what, I’d about had enough of the building trade, like fantastic mr fox I’ve got a master plan
D77FBA3E-8E63-4B5B-9A0E-EA8E213F6A34.jpeg.1f9561b8672258f082711e24d026a2f5.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
20 minutes ago, villaman said:

What fucks me off as a self employed we pay our tax before we have earned it and we are going to be the last to be paid out as well 

dont hold your breath Mitch.. I cant see us getting paid out :(

if they decide to pay the 80% across the construction industry there budget will be fcuked... apart from the useless fcukers we'll all be entitled to the full whack!

8 hours ago, si brown said:

dont hold your breath Mitch.. I cant see us getting paid out :(

if they decide to pay the 80% across the construction industry there budget will be fcuked... apart from the useless fcukers we'll all be entitled to the full whack!

Well if things do ever get back to somewhere like normal Si I'm sure myself and Matt could put a word in for you at our place ...........not the best wages you will ever earn but £550 a week keeps the wolf away........no more wet backs and cold fingers either lol 

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, delswal said:

Well if things do ever get back to somewhere like normal Si I'm sure myself and Matt could put a word in for you at our place ...........not the best wages you will ever earn but £550 a week keeps the wolf away........no more wet backs and cold fingers either lol 

cheers for the offer del but id last about 5 mins.. dont mix to well with office staff thats why I work in a hole in the ground :laugh:

• Haha 3
12 hours ago, si brown said:

cheers for the offer del but id last about 5 mins.. dont mix to well with office staff thats why I work in a hole in the ground :laugh:

Not only that but £550 is only two days work for Si  ?

• Haha 2
47 minutes ago, villaman said:

Not only that but £550 is only two days work for Si  ?

Not at the moment it’s not?

id quite happily go pick veg in a field at the moment... can’t beat switching off from the world. 

• Like 2

£275 a day is not a lot of money , if you take we go out price work up at weekends or evening’s , 6 weeks holiday and bank holidays pay , sickness pay , although hardly have anytime off for that , buying or replacing tools , public liability insurance, no pay when weather is bad , the list goes on and on , so £275 is not a lot in my eyes 

On 04/04/2020 at 17:13, Stavross said:

Well my mate was right, I’ve been told that I’ve been put on 5 days a week and a £100 a week pay cut, starting Monday, so about 90% of the staff have been put on the government 80% and are sat at home been paid more than me, so this is the end of my IVECO career, even the missus said tell them to f*ck off and as she’s the boss that’s what will happen on Monday ?

Well I’ve rapped in, I told them they are taking the piss and I’m not willing to work for less than 300 quid a week, the gaffer said I would have to give written notice and have to work 4 weeks, I was about to tell him to get f*cked when my missus rang and said she would do my notice for me, it’s a lot better than if it had come out of my mouth, after my boss passed it on to the director he came to see me, he said he completely understands why I’m going and he will accept my resignation, I was just about to say “I wasn’t asking for your f*cking permission you tw*t” when he said to me there would always be a job there for me if I wanted it when things go back to normal, I stuttered a bit and just said thank you 

I finish on Tuesday because the missus said go for that one day and you will get paid for the 2 bank holidays ?

ED8877AF-380D-4784-94E4-B863941D9615.jpeg

Edited by Stavross
  • Like 3

Your not alone. I'm on a knife edge with my place. The gaffer honestly believes he is doing us a favour and that we all actually go to queue up for brown nosing sessions!

He was furious yesterday because none of the welders are going in over the weekend. Sort the pay formula out then fool!

My keeping hasn’t been affected thank goodness and all the guns are paying their subs and the poults are ordered. My wife and I foster children , we’ve been doing it for 5 or six years now . It takes about a year from when you first apply to getting approved, so it’s not going to help immediately but since we started we have never had to worry about money. We didn’t get into it for financial consideration but more because my wife loves kids , but I’ve been shocked at the amount of money councils pay you . If you have one child under say 5 it’s nearly £1,400 a month a sibling group of 2 double that , a mother and baby placement £700 a week . If you have a spare room in your house and you like kids . Who knows you could turn some kids life around . We just foster now , I do my keepering and small building jobs and I’ve never been happier . I don’t want to paint too rosy a picture because some kids are damaged and hard work but we both love seeing them make progress and it’s rewarding.

• Thanks 4