Can I go or not

2 minutes ago, MH1 said:

I doubt you'd get in any trouble at the moment for chaining gates and putting a few signs up saying why

We are 2500 acres on main block, with outlying areas as well, so many foot paths and ways in, its a tough one, We are not so bad now if it keeps the outsiders away and its just locals, for the most part, the locals listen. . . . . a bit! Man with a face mask, with a gun, on a quad, does have a positive effect lol.

33 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

We are 2500 acres on main block, with outlying areas as well, so many foot paths and ways in, its a tough one, We are not so bad now if it keeps the outsiders away and its just locals, for the most part, the locals listen. . . . . a bit! Man with a face mask, with a gun, on a quad, does have a positive effect lol.

Maybe a few aggressive bulls in the fields with footpaths then, might discourage them lol

Everyone has there own idea of what is essential. I've heard all kinds of justification for stuff today. At the end of the day it's your call but i would be thinking quite seriously about how well i would sleep knowing I didn't co operate fully at a time when so many people are going to lose their lives.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, SheepChaser said:

How far are you travelling?

Could be deemed your daily exercise. 

If you're worried get a letter written by the farmer.

Like i said, its allowed on own farm, but argument could be made that farmer could put a scarer up or shoot them himself.

By law shooting has to be done as a last resort and ALL OTHER measures must have been taken FIRST before your allowed to shoot bird pests, bet there's a lot of pigeon,rook,crow etc shooters who don't know that..

38 minutes ago, Balaur said:

I'm doing a family food shop tomorrow, got to be done and I'm not looking forwards to it, I detest it under normal conditions, hoping it's quiet, got a mask, bloody ridiculous told to put shopping on the floor of kitchen not on worktops, we should have enough to get us through a couple of weeks then. Must be horrendous for at risk people who have no support network. 

Are your kids getting through more? Mine are. I’m tempted to go back to pack lunches, hand it to them at 8.30am & tell them make it last until 3.30pm! ?

• Haha 1

Personally if your not interacting with anyone I don't the see the problem. ..I might have a exercise ride up the canal and chuck a few lures .. its a nasty virus yes but its not like foot and mouth or anything it's very fragile when out the body and needs close contact to transmit. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Chid said:

Says who ? 

How long can the coronavirus stay airborne? I have read different estimates.

A study done by National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases' Laboratory of Virology in the Division of Intramural Research in Hamilton, Montana helps to answer this question. The researchers used a nebulizer to blow coronaviruses into the air. They found that infectious viruses could remain in the air for up to three hours. The results of the study were published in the New England Journal of Medicine on March 17, 2020.

How long can the coronavirus that causes COVID-19 survive on surfaces?

A recent study found that the COVID-19 coronavirus can survive up to four hours on copper, up to 24 hours on cardboard, and up to two to three days on plastic and stainless steel. The researchers also found that this virus can hang out as droplets in the air for up to three hours before they fall. But most often they will fall more quickly.

1 hour ago, South hams hunter said:

Exactly that gnasher and tbh I think he's doing a f***ing good job, can only imagine what that waste of space labour party would be doing now

Corbin was a waste of space at question time in the house today.  Boris was laughing at him.

6 minutes ago, timmytree said:

Yep, local police chief says driving for shopping ok, driving for meds or emergency, NOT for dog walking, leisure or any other reason. Lets see who is the first to get £1000 fine.

last  night  the government legal advisor said it was ok for some bloke to drive quarter of an hour to fields to exercise the dog because he would be on his own and not be close to people in the park.  So whats this, another case of plod making up the rules  on the hoof as they interpret them.? Or the government legal advisor not knowing what he's talking about.? Another case of misleading imprecise information.   You got to stay at home but you can go to work crammed into a train then to stand in a crowded hall clocking on. You can sit on a checkout till in a supermarket without a mask or any personal screening  serving queues of random customers as close as can be.  Where's the logic in any of this.  And as I've previously written where's the plod that's going to mooch about the countryside looking for the random pigeon shooter, especially when your doing vital crop protection. I haven't seen a plod car in more than a year and this is Kent not outer Mongolia. You won't get your arse kicked for a first transgression anyway. Still you could always stay home, sort the kit, check the stock's of ammo and thoroughly clean the gun. And that means more than just pulling a bore snake through the barrels

• Like 1

There's plenty of pigeons out on the football field after the clover. ?

No people,   No football matches.  It's all been scrapped. 

But I told the spaniel on our exercise walk to eyes front and ignore them.

Edited by Meece