Can I go or not

Just now, baker boy said:

You're thinking about going out to shoot because you enjoy it, I lie every time I put a terrier in the ground (gamebird protection bollocks) I enjoy working terriers, if a farmer was to phone me tomorrow to dig something I would tell him no, at least br truthful about it

The other side of it is - on our farm, we dont really want outsiders coming on farm anymore, less people less risk.

Problem is foot paths - can they shut them???

We are producing the food to feed people . . . . . maybe avoiding getting us sick would be a good idea!!!

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, baker boy said:

You're thinking about going out to shoot because you enjoy it, I lie every time I put a terrier in the ground (gamebird protection bollocks) I enjoy working terriers, if a farmer was to phone me tomorrow to dig something I would tell him no, at least br truthful about it

I'm not shooting for the fun it's crop protection and to put food on the table  safer than going to Asda  to buy food

4 minutes ago, FULL CHOKE said:

I'm not shooting for the fun it's crop protection and to put food on the table  safer than going to Asda  to buy food

How far are you travelling?

Could be deemed your daily exercise. 

If you're worried get a letter written by the farmer.

Like i said, its allowed on own farm, but argument could be made that farmer could put a scarer up or shoot them himself.

Theres a few on here me included that might not make it though this because others flout the rules.

Shame people are so selfish.

Might be saying goodbye soon.

Cheers Arry

Edited by Arry
  • Like 4
7 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

How far are you travelling?

Could be deemed your daily exercise. 

If you're worried get a letter written by the farmer.

Like i said, its allowed on own farm, but argument could be made that farmer could put a scarer up or shoot them himself.

1/2 a mile

1 minute ago, Balaur said:

I think there needs to be a some amount of perspective, someone sat in a hedge in a field in the countryside, is probably less of an issue than me walking my dog at 6am, people having community BBQs in the street and coughing on folk or lying on work forms to carry on earning theses are the people that will do for a lot of people. I'm not advocating people flout rules and go out shooting etc, but it doesn't compare to large gatherings queueing in shops etc, I've got fecking parcels in the garage in quarantine, these are some fecked up times lol....

Very true. I suppose it depends what you touch etc.

We are having an issue here - lots of walkers, touching gates etc. 

I know it sounds daft!

But if you're driving half a mile up road, sitting in a hedge and twitting some birds then going home, its not going to make a difference.

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

The other side of it is - on our farm, we dont really want outsiders coming on farm anymore, less people less risk.

Problem is foot paths - can they shut them???

We are producing the food to feed people . . . . . maybe avoiding getting us sick would be a good idea!!!

I doubt you'd get in any trouble at the moment for chaining gates and putting a few signs up saying why