Can we still shoot ???

This might make you laugh walking the dogs this evening on the road and my dogs were being chased by a f**king cat I had to drag them up the street 300 yds I was knackered at the end of it, what would of happened if I loosed my dogs off, because I guarantee they would of killed it, this is the third time I have had a cat challenged my dogs have any of you chaps have this happen to them

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys ,  how are you all doing ? Hope my old mates , Sausage , Stavross, BenBhoy , Si , David , Ian M , Walshie, longshanx , and any one else that I haven’t mentioned . Just thought I’d check in wit

Hope your right mate. All our lamb & beef goes through our farmshop or to local pubs, restaurants & a couple of schools. We don't sell to markets, everything goes dead so we are absolutely rel

Our firm is so tight. No masks and no hand sanitizer. Last week we had no paper towels for a week ! Today I improvised!

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Baldcoot said:

have reopened their mouldy food market wont be long before something else trashes the uman race 

I'm more bothered about the biological warfare laboratory in Wuhan!! 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, airbourne said:

This might make you laugh walking the dogs this evening on the road and my dogs were being chased by a f**king cat I had to drag them up the street 300 yds I was knackered at the end of it, what would of happened if I loosed my dogs off, because I guarantee they would of killed it, this is the third time I have had a cat challenged my dogs have any of you chaps have this happen to them

They always seem to disappear around these parts. Some learn to stay in very quickly.

4 hours ago, BenBhoy said:

I'm more bothered about the biological warfare laboratory in Wuhan!! 

The lab is reported to have infected the carp sold at the market as it,s the old uns that eat it ,Chinas plan to remove the elderly population without having to be accused of genocide but as any other man plan it went tits up 

• Like 2

Don't forget to thank Teewat Trump for brokering a deal between Russia and Saudi Arabia to cut oil production 

.The price is now shooting back up just  to make sure the world wide recession really hurts.The man is as thick as cheese but he keeps his Russian paymaster happy that's more proof, no change at all in the world 

• Like 1
23 hours ago, Longshanx said:

That's what I said to Stavross, what we don't shoot now there will be double to go at when we can?

When this is done with it won’t just be one day you can’t but the next you can, there will still be a period of social distancing and probably more restrictions in the future, one thing is certain I’ll have a different place to be at every night so will probably have to go to one and send you to another to show we are making an effort ?

• Like 1
4 hours ago, BenBhoy said:

Drove past neighbours drillings today, absolutely covered in pigeons & sky full of more drooping in! ?

Just phone your local plod for advice and describe the situation you never know if you meet there criteria its all go?

Coronavirus and shooting – an update

After consulting the government, BASC has updated its advice for conducting essential pest control in the UK while the current Coronavirus restrictions remain in place.

In line with the Prime Minister’s statement, when making a decision on whether or not to conduct essential wildlife management, you should consider:

• Is the landowner, or person responsible for giving permission, happy for you to be on the land in the current crisis?

• Can you maintain effective social distancing? 

• Is the management involved absolutely essential?

• Is there a risk that your activities could result in the emergency services being called out? For example, someone reporting shots being fired.

• Should you inform the local police in advance that you are going out? If you do, secure the reference number for the call.

Everyone’s circumstances are different, so individual decisions will have to be made, although the onus will be on remaining off the land. So-called ‘recreational shooting’ or taking clients shooting are ruled out at present.

Be aware that you should be able to justify your decision if you are challenged by the enforcement authorities, or you may risk a fine and may put your certificate at risk.

13 minutes ago, goldfinger said:

Just phone your local plod for advice and describe the situation you never know if you meet there criteria its all go?

Coronavirus and shooting – an update

After consulting the government, BASC has updated its advice for conducting essential pest control in the UK while the current Coronavirus restrictions remain in place.

In line with the Prime Minister’s statement, when making a decision on whether or not to conduct essential wildlife management, you should consider:

• Is the landowner, or person responsible for giving permission, happy for you to be on the land in the current crisis?

• Can you maintain effective social distancing? 

• Is the management involved absolutely essential?

• Is there a risk that your activities could result in the emergency services being called out? For example, someone reporting shots being fired.

• Should you inform the local police in advance that you are going out? If you do, secure the reference number for the call.

Everyone’s circumstances are different, so individual decisions will have to be made, although the onus will be on remaining off the land. So-called ‘recreational shooting’ or taking clients shooting are ruled out at present.

Be aware that you should be able to justify your decision if you are challenged by the enforcement authorities, or you may risk a fine and may put your certificate at risk.

That sums up what I've said all along.

I discreetly went out today to check some drilling. Met no one. Saw no one. Only drove less than one mile. Dog and I had exercise.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, goldfinger said:

No thanks. Its a pain in the arse & I'd much rather be shooting but I believe in the guidelines and I am following them. 

In the grand scheme of things, with what some people are going through, me not getting to shoot pigeons doesn't matter. 

Get well soon Boris. 

• Like 5