Can we still shoot ???

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys ,  how are you all doing ? Hope my old mates , Sausage , Stavross, BenBhoy , Si , David , Ian M , Walshie, longshanx , and any one else that I haven’t mentioned . Just thought I’d check in wit

Hope your right mate. All our lamb & beef goes through our farmshop or to local pubs, restaurants & a couple of schools. We don't sell to markets, everything goes dead so we are absolutely rel

Our firm is so tight. No masks and no hand sanitizer. Last week we had no paper towels for a week ! Today I improvised!

Posted Images

1 hour ago, shovel leaner said:

I asked , they said if it’s pest control it’s ok . They haven’t changed their position yet . 

Some have changed their stance, probably once they realised they might be blamed for something!

Remember.... their primary role is NOT to serve you or the public. The primary role is to cover their arse first, public safety and the licence applicant/ holder is a secondary concern!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
58 minutes ago, Sausagedog said:

Some have changed their stance, probably once they realised they might be blamed for something!

Remember.... their primary role is NOT to serve you or the public. The primary role is to cover their arse first, public safety and the licence applicant/ holder is a secondary concern!

I’m afraid you are probably right . But putting aside weather or not the police are overreacting or we are seeing the birth of our own version of the Stasi . My experience of shooting at night and being out and about with firearms is that the general public and a lot of police find the fact that members of public “like me and you “ have guns , horrific. I’ve had the police called out to my nocturnal shooting activity’s on a couple of occasions in the past . So now if I plan shooting in areas where I am likely to be reported to the police ( near housing) I ring it in and tell them .This I’m sure has saved them time and me a red face a few times . Keeping the police informed and keeping yourself covered is nowadays a big part of being a responsible shooter . It’s sad and I know it goes against the grain . But if the police want me to jump through hoops I will jump through as many as they want .

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, shovel leaner said:

I’m afraid you are probably right . But putting aside weather or not the police are overreacting or we are seeing the birth of our own version of the Stasi . My experience of shooting at night and being out and about with firearms is that the general public and a lot of police find the fact that members of public “like me and you “ have guns , horrific. I’ve had the police called out to my nocturnal shooting activity’s on a couple of occasions in the past . So now if I plan shooting in areas where I am likely to be reported to the police ( near housing) I ring it in and tell them .This I’m sure has saved them time and me a red face a few times . Keeping the police informed and keeping yourself covered is nowadays a big part of being a responsible shooter . It’s sad and I know it goes against the grain . But if the police want me to jump through hoops I will jump through as many as they want .

Because that’s the way it is?

1 hour ago, shovel leaner said:

When I used to go out with my mate he always used to ring the local plod first just in case. It's far preferable to being held at gunpoint by an armed response team. 

Personally, I'd do what has been suggested above, email or phone your local plod for permission to carry on shooting and set out your case. If it's an email, you're ok you've got it in writing. If it's a phone call, I'd be tempted to record it. I believe, although don't rely on this without getting proper advice first, as a private individual you are allowed to record phone conversations for your own personal use. I would have thought defending yourself in Court was personal use, but you'd have to take advice on that.

Read the News part.

This is from Dyfed-Powys Police firearms home page.  BASC advise that you have a letter from the farmer that you shoot for stating that you are protecting his crops or lambs etc.

Capture.JPG

Edited by lllluke1
  • Like 2

Tis a frustrating bugger ,45 minutes away through Leics/Derbys/into Staffordshire i,m not going anywhere .Lambing time on two farms but there all now singing the same old song Goverment say no so police say no

.Get a 4 pack empty the tins and tomorow line them up and try and draw shapes in them with your air rifle if safe to do so or hide from your mrs as mine has a list of home jobs longer than my arm :help:

• Haha 1
40 minutes ago, Sausagedog said:

Our firm is so tight. No masks and no hand sanitizer. Last week we had no paper towels for a week !

Today I improvised!

IMG_20200402_071525432.jpg.cb44d4c3a97db547339363109d4b7bf1.jpg

You got your oats in there???

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, Sausagedog said:

Our firm is so tight. No masks and no hand sanitizer. Last week we had no paper towels for a week !

Today I improvised!

IMG_20200402_071525432.jpg.cb44d4c3a97db547339363109d4b7bf1.jpg

Talking of tight , how are you finding the two pairs of glasses as apposed to one pair of proscription glasses? Are you from Yorkshire?

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1
3 hours ago, Sausagedog said:

I went for a walk last night.

In the distance I could hear a shotgun discharging regular, probably on seeds and in another direction I could hear a rifle being tested. Sounded normal to me!

its business as usual over my way, the shops still open too!

ive been getting calls but ill leave it at that. 

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, shovel leaner said:

Talking of tight , how are you finding the two pairs of glasses as apposed to one pair of proscription glasses? Are you from Yorkshire?

I am TiG welding tiny nuts this morning. The +2 readers help.

IMG_20200402_083728466.jpg.e61caaff0084b22c6485009f0c4b72db.jpg