Can we still shoot ???

22 minutes ago, Gav said:

But I only do a big shop once a month, it's guna be a drag if I have to do it once a week now ffs ?

I'm on the quay at Ullapool Gav, can you put me up for a few weeks ??

Surprise.

Edited by Sausagedog
  • Haha 1

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys ,  how are you all doing ? Hope my old mates , Sausage , Stavross, BenBhoy , Si , David , Ian M , Walshie, longshanx , and any one else that I haven’t mentioned . Just thought I’d check in wit

Hope your right mate. All our lamb & beef goes through our farmshop or to local pubs, restaurants & a couple of schools. We don't sell to markets, everything goes dead so we are absolutely rel

Our firm is so tight. No masks and no hand sanitizer. Last week we had no paper towels for a week ! Today I improvised!

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, Sausagedog said:

I'm on the quay at Ullapool Gav, can you put me up for a few weeks ??

Surprise.

First two cases disclosed here today pal. The ferries only taking freight and Islanders that live here, same as the planes, so even if you could get across the Minch you'd not be any safer, but hell yeah I'd put you up ?

I've over 4000 pils and just short of 5 kilos of powder, should last us a week or two ?

Edited by Gav
  • Like 1
24 minutes ago, Gav said:

First two cases disclosed here today pal. The ferries only taking freight and Islanders that live here, same as the planes, so even if you could get across the Minch you'd not be any safer, but hell yeah I'd put you up ?

I've over 4000 pils and just short of 5 kilos of powder, should last us a week or two ?

I've told them I'm your brother ??

• Haha 2
On 31/03/2020 at 11:08, walshie said:

You're missing the point. It's not about being pedantic and trying to find loopholes in why you're so important the rules don't apply to you. The nuts and bolts of it are if you're paid to do it, it's a job. If you aren't, it's a hobby. 

Although I would say play it cautious and don't rather than risk your cert. I don't think it can be said that because it isn't paid, it isn't protecting crops. Of course the Police may take a differing view. 

I very much believe in the sentiment of what Ben Bhouy posted above. 

Personally I don't like or believe the threat of losing a certificate.

That is completely unreasonable.

Why not revoke the driving license of those flaunting the rules then!

I'll say it again. Being alone, close to home, out walking is no different than being out alone waiting for a fox to show.

There is no restrictions on time to exercise or a curfew of any kind (yet).

Our activities, professional or amateur are naturally self isolating. If some Muppets think it's a good idea to form a group for some shooting activity then that is different and certainly in contradiction to the current restrictions.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Sausagedog said:

Personally I don't like or believe the threat of losing a certificate.

That is completely unreasonable.

Why not revoke the driving license of those flaunting the rules then!

I'll say it again. Being alone, close to home, out walking is no different than being out alone waiting for a fox to show.

There is no restrictions on time to exercise or a curfew of any kind (yet).

Our activities, professional or amateur are naturally self isolating. If some Muppets think it's a good idea to form a group for some shooting activity then that is different and certainly in contradiction to the current restrictions.

What you are saying makes sense to me !! But when has common sense and being reasonable been good enough for the police ???  Some forces Derbyshire for one have gone way beyond their powers . I would say to anyone, contact your local FEO by email and find out where you stand . Foxdropper has been advised to stop , I haven’t . So I’m still going out . If I get an email or phone call saying stop , then that is what I will do . I cannot imagine life without my firearms or shotgun, this situation will be over soon enough. I go out with a screen shot of my email from the FEO and an email from the poultry farm . I only live a minutes drive from it and haven’t seen anyone on the way but you can’t be too careful. 

Agreed SL 

there is a big difference between say our travel , yours 1minute , mine 40 minutes 

I can go to protect the lambs as a couple of my previous post have shown 

will I NO  , because the guidance lines are open to different interpretations by say the motorway police , and I certainly don’t want to risk my cert 

but yes I would love to be out 

atb

• Like 3
1 hour ago, David.evans said:

Agreed SL 

there is a big difference between say our travel , yours 1minute , mine 40 minutes 

I can go to protect the lambs as a couple of my previous post have shown 

will I NO  , because the guidance lines are open to different interpretations by say the motorway police , and I certainly don’t want to risk my cert 

but yes I would love to be out 

atb

That's just it mate. Common sense rules out 40 mins drive. Not  a two minute drive or in my case walk.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, shovel leaner said:

What you are saying makes sense to me !! But when has common sense and being reasonable been good enough for the police ???  Some forces Derbyshire for one have gone way beyond their powers . I would say to anyone, contact your local FEO by email and find out where you stand . Foxdropper has been advised to stop , I haven’t . So I’m still going out . If I get an email or phone call saying stop , then that is what I will do . I cannot imagine life without my firearms or shotgun, this situation will be over soon enough. I go out with a screen shot of my email from the FEO and an email from the poultry farm . I only live a minutes drive from it and haven’t seen anyone on the way but you can’t be too careful. 

I think asking is wrong. Your not going to get anyone say crack on because of liability.