Can we still shoot ???

I have land just down a farm track from my house. No need to go near a main road. Rarely anyone about. I can’t see why me shooting on the land would have any effect on the status quo. Hence my original post, can we still shoot?  Depending on individual circumstances of course.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys ,  how are you all doing ? Hope my old mates , Sausage , Stavross, BenBhoy , Si , David , Ian M , Walshie, longshanx , and any one else that I haven’t mentioned . Just thought I’d check in wit

Hope your right mate. All our lamb & beef goes through our farmshop or to local pubs, restaurants & a couple of schools. We don't sell to markets, everything goes dead so we are absolutely rel

Our firm is so tight. No masks and no hand sanitizer. Last week we had no paper towels for a week ! Today I improvised!

Posted Images

Set the camera yesterday. I walked there from my home, private land and nobody about. I did observe three blokes walking side by side down a distant lane. What hope have we got! Especially watching the cities on the news and Muppets heading for beauty spots.

Anyway. Got these pictures.

PTDC0058.JPG.814c72df64c38d5c1cea577353dd9e39.JPGPTDC0050.JPG.e6a897dcfe82318f96b459f3b72726c6.JPG

What the latest jibba jabba on snaring?

They are killing chickens.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Dervburner said:

I have land just down a farm track from my house. No need to go near a main road. Rarely anyone about. I can’t see why me shooting on the land would have any effect on the status quo. Hence my original post, can we still shoot?  Depending on individual circumstances of course.

It is no use asking on here. Ring your firearms dept and ask about your individual circumstances. After all it will be them that revoke your certs if they believe you aren't complying with the law.

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, Dervburner said:

Is that one of those Chinese lions, what power/calibre? Did it require any tuning SD?

No idea. It has taken a rabbit or two. 177. Sorry, make wise it says SMK on it but yes probably out the same factory as the Lion brand.

Tuning wise yes, well as much as possible. It is a lousy design and small. Very noisy and any spring lube induces dieseling in no time. No room for a piston sleeve other than using very thin shim stock which I don't have and aren't that fussed anyway.

The biggest improvement I did was the trigger, now it only needs a Landover pulling on the trigger blade as opposed to a New Holland !

• Haha 4
59 minutes ago, Dervburner said:

Is that one of those Chinese lions, what power/calibre? Did it require any tuning SD?

?????? CHINESE  LION... ??????.  I remember seeing one of those back in the eighties.  what a pile of junk.  Side lever Thingy. A bloke that I knew repaired air rifles for a shop.  The one that I saw was nearly shagged out over a weekene's use by a little tommy.  He had shot about 500 pellets through it.  It was so worn out that the pellets weren't exiting the barrel and little Tommy just kept loading pellets in until the barrel was filled solid. Even if the barrel had been cleaned out the thing was totally gutless. The only thing that it was fit for was thrashing in the ground as a plant stake. ????

Edited by Meece
2 hours ago, ianm said:

It is no use asking on here. Ring your firearms dept and ask about your individual circumstances. After all it will be them that revoke your certs if they believe you aren't complying with the law.

Yep, you’re probably right Ian. I’ll probably just give it a miss and do some gardening instead. I’ve got rats around the poultry shed that need sorting as well?. Should be ok with that? Those things can spread disease, “Health and safety officer”

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Sausagedog said:

No idea. It has taken a rabbit or two. 177. Sorry, make wise it says SMK on it but yes probably out the same factory as the Lion brand.

Tuning wise yes, well as much as possible. It is a lousy design and small. Very noisy and any spring lube induces dieseling in no time. No room for a piston sleeve other than using very thin shim stock which I don't have and aren't that fussed anyway.

The biggest improvement I did was the trigger, now it only needs a Landover pulling on the trigger blade as opposed to a New Holland !

So you’d recommend one then SD? ?

19 minutes ago, Dervburner said:

So you’d recommend one then SD? ?

HW57 for a lightweight under lever. I keep promising myself one but not got round to it and something else always gets in the way.   My rfd had one which I shot a few times on his 25mt indoor range, my god was it pellet on pellet, fantastic but don't know if it had been tuned. The most annoying thing was that the rfd asked me to show a guy a springer in the range so I took the 57 and he shot it a few times after I showed him what to do. When I went to make the coffees, the twat bought it........................F*&^%$£%%" 

I will not do that again I can tell you and I have regretted that day sooooo many times it is untrue, no fool like an old fool ?

Phil

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, philpot said:

HW57 for a lightweight under lever. I keep promising myself one but not got round to it and something else always gets in the way.   My rfd had one which I shot a few times on his 25mt indoor range, my god was it pellet on pellet, fantastic but don't know if it had been tuned. The most annoying thing was that the rfd asked me to show a guy a springer in the range so I took the 57 and he shot it a few times after I showed him what to do. When I went to make the coffees, the twat bought it........................F*&^%$£%%" 

I will not do that again I can tell you and I have regretted that day sooooo many times it is untrue, no fool like an old fool ?

Phil

A friend of mine has one, but I’ve never had a shot with it.