Can we still shoot ???

4 minutes ago, villaman said:

Yes they will if we don’t completely shut down construction sites people going shopping day in day out , shutting down supermarkets for so many days a week , instead of taking on another 20 , 000 staff 

I went into work yesterday Mitch my company shut down 5pm last night, the main house builder shut down at 5pm last night and blondie is saying keep working!

how??

all the building suppliers have shut down round here.. what right has he got to say we have to work in this climate, I don’t want this bug, I don’t want to give anyone this bug either!

theres one reason why he wants sites to stay open £££

if he has to pay us the 80% nearly every site worker will be entitled to the maximum payment!

and I’m with you on the all or nothing?
going to the shops awful, the poor people who work there look distraught 

• Like 2

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys ,  how are you all doing ? Hope my old mates , Sausage , Stavross, BenBhoy , Si , David , Ian M , Walshie, longshanx , and any one else that I haven’t mentioned . Just thought I’d check in wit

Hope your right mate. All our lamb & beef goes through our farmshop or to local pubs, restaurants & a couple of schools. We don't sell to markets, everything goes dead so we are absolutely rel

Our firm is so tight. No masks and no hand sanitizer. Last week we had no paper towels for a week ! Today I improvised!

Posted Images

Just contact my local police force about this matter of shooting and the answer I had is  , nothing on the government web site to say yes or no . As farms are classed as essential then you should be ok , but she said ,  I can’t say you should or shouldn’t 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, villaman said:

Just contact my local police force about this matter of shooting and the answer I had is  , nothing on the government web site to say yes or no . As farms are classed as essential then you should be ok , but she said ,  I can’t say you should or shouldn’t 

I got exactly the same response off mine yesterday and as one of the farms is actively lambing at the moment I didn't sit in front of the tv last night

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
29 minutes ago, si brown said:

I went into work yesterday Mitch my company shut down 5pm last night, the main house builder shut down at 5pm last night and blondie is saying keep working!

how??

all the building suppliers have shut down round here.. what right has he got to say we have to work in this climate, I don’t want this bug, I don’t want to give anyone this bug either!

theres one reason why he wants sites to stay open £££

if he has to pay us the 80% nearly every site worker will be entitled to the maximum payment!

and I’m with you on the all or nothing?
going to the shops awful, the poor people who work there look distraught 

Si , all merchants shutdown here as well yesterday, but had  emails last night saying they are opening up again , pluming , building and electrical merchant all open today 

wtf did Boris come out the other night saying we need to stay at home , all of us , unless you are essential worker .  Aren’t we all essential!!

15 minutes ago, villaman said:

Si , all merchants shutdown here as well yesterday, but had  emails last night saying they are opening up again , pluming , building and electrical merchant all open today 

wtf did Boris come out the other night saying we need to stay at home , all of us , unless you are essential worker .  Aren’t we all essential!!

its ridiculous.. no one knows if there coming or going!

do I drive to work to see if they have changed there minds and opened back up or get fined for driving without a cause:wallbash:

two days in and my heads gone:(

And yet some gov legal bloke on box last night answering questions like this said that it was ok to drive a distance 1/4 hr in that case to take a dog out on exercise where there was no one in fields rather than in local park in walking distance.  Anyway where are all these plod floating around with not a lot going on.  They do not exist.  You can't ring up job centre and ask for plod to be issued.  They have to be trained and accredited BEFORE going out on patrol.  They can't even be there or talk to anyone.  It is a difficult time for everyone and Seeing those people rammed into an underground train and working on building sites I  can seè Boris being forced to tighten up even further, irregardless of the economy or the cost when the death total ramps up the curve as happened in Italy and Spain.  Still some might say well the human population needs a bit of a cull. Any nice guns out there goung cheap.? What about slabs of cartridges.?

How could someone come up with a figure of 1/4 hour drive? Round here that would be 10-15 miles away. In London it could be half a mile.

I'd question whether whatever you were going out for was something you NEED to do, or WANT to do. Massive difference IMO. 

Well I finished my shift welding a large incinerator today and the drive home was completed in record time.

I did however notice two things on the way home. More motorcycles and many more cyclists! Now call me stupid if you want but it's my guess and it is only a guess that they are of far more greater risk to the valuable resources of the NHS than say a person shuffling his feet across a pasture field of stalking some woodland!

Ok ok if to get to your shooting ground you have to ford a river in spate, cross a scree slope and climb a cliff then maybe just maybe you are at unecassary risk.

BUT OPENING A BLOODY GATE!!!! REALLY!

• Haha 1

Contradicting confusion ,some feo,s say out on your own miles from anyone crack on ,But others say do want arresting the goverment says stay home end of .

Countryside alliance and Deer Initiative say stay home ,nearly 500 deaths in ten days peeps ,i,m staying home do what you think is best for you and yours but stay safe 

14 hours ago, villaman said:

The wording from the government is advice 

They enacted emergency powers behind the scenes, They've said it a few times during press conferences. They may be making it out to be advice, but they can choose to enforce it. As already said, they cannot fine you for not heeding advice. I can give you advice not to go in your back garden because mouldy Sausage might be lurking on your BBQ. I cannot fine you for finding and having a bit of sausage though. ;) 

14 hours ago, villaman said:

I can't see any problem. Pest control is linked to food production and so as such is an essential service. At least that's how I would interpret it. You might find it harder on eg a pheasant shoot as although it's food, there might be some argument it's not essential as we're not at the point where you need to shoot your own food because you can't buy it.

Edited by Alsone
8 hours ago, timmytree said:

This is getting to be hard work!

The act of shooting out on your own if you live on the land is fine.

It's getting there by car, truck, or whatever that can now get you in trouble because the corona bill has gone through all stages of parliamentary approval. Maximum £1000 fine.

I'm not getting into the argument of whether it's essential because few on here shoot pests as a job, it's a hobby, a pleasure. Farmers will have to use other methods or put up with a bit of loss, it's sad but I'm not getting into bother for a few pigeons or rabbits.

But we still have thousands going to work on building sites 

we still have thousands going to work in supermarkets 

we still have thousands going shopping each day 

Is all this essential , I don’t think so 

so why driving to your permission and sitting in a field on your own doing any harm to any one , it’s not 

• Like 5
17 minutes ago, timmytree said:

Some people still have to work, especially the self employed who aren't getting any help yet.

Shopping infrequently is allowed, but food only, we can't manage without that.

For people to get essentials there needs to be staff in supermarkets.

Driving for miles to go shooting is non essential, yes once you're there you're safe and no risk to anyone.

Non essential car journeys are now illegal and can mean a fine of £1000, personally I'm going to do as I'm told because I don't want to catch it or spread it, neither do I want the fine.

We've been warned here on local radio that police are stepping up patrols and checks today and will be prosecuting.

All of this might not fit in with what we want but it's not about a few people wanting to go fishing or shooting, it's about trying to stop many more people dying because of other peoples ignorance or pig headedness.

I am self employed and I could do with the money but im pissed off that the government think I should be at work..

last thing on earth I want is to get this or spread this,

how can they talk about non essential travel when like stated above there are others doing jobs and driving about that no way falls into the essential bracket!

the roads are alive with mile smashing cyclist.. there not out for a half hour stint, I could add to the list but cant be bothered. 

I can walk to some permissions and have others that take mins to get to in the car and I cross about 10m of A road getting to some..

ive shot some of these farms for years and have keys for barns/ buildings etc ive done building work for them as well, 

so in essence im unemployed at the moment so ive spoken to a few who are more than happy for me to help out and do stuff on the farms and land, I will be distancing myself as I have kids and so do most of the farmers!

I should imagine quite a few of the lads on here have a good relationship with there  land owners and can do the same, im certain non of them what to infect or be infected either. 

not seen you on hear much since you were preaching about the shooting ban last year, do you thrive on drama or something 

• Like 1