Can we still shoot ???

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys ,  how are you all doing ? Hope my old mates , Sausage , Stavross, BenBhoy , Si , David , Ian M , Walshie, longshanx , and any one else that I haven’t mentioned . Just thought I’d check in wit

Hope your right mate. All our lamb & beef goes through our farmshop or to local pubs, restaurants & a couple of schools. We don't sell to markets, everything goes dead so we are absolutely rel

Our firm is so tight. No masks and no hand sanitizer. Last week we had no paper towels for a week ! Today I improvised!

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER said:

What don't people understand STAY AT HOME. Shooting is not essential ?

Who do you think you are you idiot.

Don't come on here dictating you jumped up little squirt.

Should  ambulance crews stay at home?

Should people classed as essential workers stay at home? You are not an authority in this matter, you do not dictate to any one here. YOU DONT HAVE ANY RIGHT OR PRIVILEGED POSITION TO SPEAK TO ANYONE IN THE CONDESCENDING MANNER YOU ARE.

My daughter is putting her life and her daughter's on the line by working at a hospital. My wife looks after her daughter or should we say no?

DONT YOU BLOODY DICTATE YOU IDIOT.

422 people dead. No you won't starve no the shops won't run out of food. Yes we can't do our hobby for a few weeks. 422 people dead. It's not essential for any of us to go out shooting no matter what scenario/hypothesis we come up with to try to justify it. The most vulnerable of our society are at risk. 422 of them have already lost their lives. Just. Stay. Home.

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, riohog said:

no excuse we have a virus not a fk famin  no shortage of food 

No but a shortage of money. Can't pay with buttons or eat them either. It's just adding to financial pressure on top of everything else. If you're on the line before all of this what happens with a drop in wage. Food for the table will take precedence over electric and medication.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, black lurcher said:

No but a shortage of money. Can't pay with buttons or eat them either. It's just adding to financial pressure on top of everything else. If you're on the line before all of this what happens with a drop in wage. Food for the table will take precedence over electric and medication.

sorry but what part of" stay at home" dont you understand?

15 minutes ago, black lurcher said:

Cost of cartridges, cost of petrol etc balanced against a pack of fish fingers from Iceland

Don't get me wrong, I love everything about shooting as much as the rest of us. I seriously dislike being dictated to. And I have enough common sense that I know I won't bump into anyone else where i go shooting. But the rules have been put in place for all of us. We can't tweak or cherrypick to suit our own needs. It won't be forever. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Sausagedog said:

If it's ok to go to a supermarket it's ok to get a rabbit for the same table, arguably safer, no?

Yes agreed Bernard, see my above point about common sense. We on here all know that is true. BUT the new rules don't take that into account & imo it's a worrying time when parts of society deem it acceptable to choose which laws they follow. 

Edited by BenBhoy
23 minutes ago, Sausagedog said:

Who do you think you are you idiot.

Don't come on here dictating you jumped up little squirt.

Should  ambulance crews stay at home?

Should people classed as essential workers stay at home? You are not an authority in this matter, you do not dictate to any one here. YOU DONT HAVE ANY RIGHT OR PRIVILEGED POSITION TO SPEAK TO ANYONE IN THE CONDESCENDING MANNER YOU ARE.

My daughter is putting her life and her daughter's on the line by working at a hospital. My wife looks after her daughter or should we say no?

DONT YOU BLOODY DICTATE YOU IDIOT.

Ambulance crews and essential workers are needed and these are who we are trying to protect by staying at home. I am not dictating or an idiot just reiterating government advice. Simple .....stay at home.

25 minutes ago, BenBhoy said:

422 people dead. No you won't starve no the shops won't run out of food. Yes we can't do our hobby for a few weeks. 422 people dead. It's not essential for any of us to go out shooting no matter what scenario/hypothesis we come up with to try to justify it. The most vulnerable of our society are at risk. 422 of them have already lost their lives. Just. Stay. Home.

At least you have got the message ?

4 minutes ago, Sausagedog said:

If it's ok to go to a supermarket it's ok to get a rabbit for the same table, arguably safer, no?

I totally agree,when i go shooting I never including myself or my vehicle come no were close to anyone ever, but a supermarket work or shop is another storey, a couple of rabbits can save me a trip to the supermarket for my dog food at times.

• Like 1

It's all a bit stupid if you ask me and poorly thought through.

You can walk on an urban street or go to an urban park for exercise where there's a good chance of being in close proximity if someone walks past you in the street, but you can't shoot over private land in the middle of no-where completely alone. You also can't go out fishing - if you dig or make your own bait and buy a ticket online, then no reason against it that I can see Fishermen stay apart because they like their own "swim" (spot) full of fish. Owners can control the number of tickets sold and if restricting tickets to 50% the usual, could place cones in car parks every other space  to ensure cars were parked apart. The chance of meeting someone, another fisherman at distance aside, again very slight, unlike the urban alternatives.

Edited by Alsone
  • Like 3

It's  no good saying " I'm in the middle of nowhere, not near anyone, what harm am I doing"; what if you have an accident when your shooting, or a car crash going to or from your shooting ? You could be tying up essential services, fire brigade, ambulances, police, medics. You might need doctors, nurses, medical professionals, medicines, all of which are needed elsewhere, not serving some selfish fool who couldn't do without his shooting for a few weeks or months !

Its simple, if you don't NEED to go out........DON'T !!!

• Like 1