Can we still shoot ???

As things are at the moment, we can go for a walk for exercise. If walking on private land, can we take a gun, or would that be classed as going shooting, rather than taking exercise? Does anyone know, as I can’t find anything on the internet to answer this question?

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys ,  how are you all doing ? Hope my old mates , Sausage , Stavross, BenBhoy , Si , David , Ian M , Walshie, longshanx , and any one else that I haven’t mentioned . Just thought I’d check in wit

Hope your right mate. All our lamb & beef goes through our farmshop or to local pubs, restaurants & a couple of schools. We don't sell to markets, everything goes dead so we are absolutely rel

Our firm is so tight. No masks and no hand sanitizer. Last week we had no paper towels for a week ! Today I improvised!

Posted Images

I phone my local firearms office today and was told that it was a bit of a grey area for the police however there may some discussion if you were a full time pest controller but taking the gun out to aid the farmers crop / stock is your pleasure not your essential business. The rule is that we can go out for a 30min walk once a day, tell me if I have that wrong, therefore shooting for a few hours is breaking the rule and putting us the wrong side of the police and although it is a pain, until further clarification is gained, stay at home.

I see BASC have posted their latest news which is not clear but there again it is from BASC.

Very tricky but my feeling is that it is such a grey area, nobody really knows if vermin shooting has an exemption, buggered if I know.

Phil

4 minutes ago, philpot said:

I phone my local firearms office today and was told that it was a bit of a grey area for the police however there may some discussion if you were a full time pest controller but taking the gun out to aid the farmers crop / stock is your pleasure not your essential business. The rule is that we can go out for a 30min walk once a day, tell me if I have that wrong, therefore shooting for a few hours is breaking the rule and putting us the wrong side of the police and although it is a pain, until further clarification is gained, stay at home.

I see BASC have posted their latest news which is not clear but there again it is from BASC.

Very tricky but my feeling is that it is such a grey area, nobody really knows if vermin shooting has an exemption, buggered if I know.

Phil

if in doubt   stay at home   its not rocket science   

• Like 3

With all due respect to the services.

I don't see how they can police this or be even interested. I think they will have their work cut out in towns and cities.

I do think that our comments airing on the side of caution and reason say more about us than we may realize. Especially when you compare us to folk visiting beauty spots up and down the country with total disregard. It is those folk that the police will have more issues from than someone alone in the country.

15 minutes ago, Sausagedog said:

There is a world of difference from someone who has "permission" to shoot on somewhere and someone who gets called upon to sort a problem out, usually involving livestock and away from society in general!

as usuall it may /will  depends who / how the law is interpreted  they are relying on common scence at the moment  ,they havnt clicked  yet.  thats in short supply  !!!

3 minutes ago, black lurcher said:

Where would you fall if you're going out to provide food for the table ? I'm a chef just been given a 12 week lay off and money might be getting a bit tight. To alleviate pressure would normally hunt for the table. In this case is it classed the same as shopping 

no excuse we have a virus not a fk famin  no shortage of food 

• Like 1