Covid 19: What’s the lesson ?

15 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Check this for me wilf. Just did a bit of googling, and it says, the first king of ireland, was Henry V111, and the first queen catherine parr, in 1541, after doing away with the title 'lordship of ireland'. That being the case, how long does one actually go back in history, to try to categorise what we are today? The first scandinavian settlers? The norman conquest of enger land, that were anglo saxons etc etc?

I used to love all this ancient history caper, but my interest is dwindling as my age is increasing lol ?

First British king. We had our own kings long before that. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dont stack bats on top of pangolins 

All its done for me is reinforce my logic in segregation,how people should stick to their own,have faith and loyalty to their own......ok this pandemic would of got out regardless but how many other h

Oswald Moseley was educate at Winchester College and Sandhurst Military Academy. He was one of the finest political minds of his age. Not exactly some shithouse comp in London or Bradford is

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Check this for me wilf. Just did a bit of googling, and it says, the first king of ireland, was Henry V111, and the first queen catherine parr, in 1541, after doing away with the title 'lordship of ireland'. That being the case, how long does one actually go back in history, to try to categorise what we are today? The first scandinavian settlers? The norman conquest of enger land, that were anglo saxons etc etc?

I used to love all this ancient history caper, but my interest is dwindling as my age is increasing lol ?

As far as I remember, I'm open to correction on this, Britain was much the same as every other celtic country. Ran by its own tribes and clans. Then the Romans came, changed a lot, they left, the the Saxons, added more to the mix, and then the norse. As far as I can make out, imo, England is mostly based on Saxon ways, laws and traditions. 

Scotland and Wales wasn't affected as much as England was, but that in turn changed in time also. 

Atb j 

4 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

While you're all taking romantic history lessons be worth remembering that the Black Death put more bodies in the dead bins than this will! :laugh:

Air pollution kills 400,00 a year. What’s your point? Other than the one we already get? ? 

25 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

First British king. We had our own kings long before that. 

Excalty, the high kings. Every providence had one, long before Britain had an established monarchy. 

Atb j 

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

My point is, what the f**k does ancestry and who's f****d who's have to do with this. lol

It's just talk.

I like history, especially ancient history, have an interest in it. But I don't get to chat about it with many here, cause they have zero intrest in it, so it makes a nice change for me lol 

Atb j 

• Like 2