Covid 19: What’s the lesson ?

5 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

I agree, but I don't think the Mayor should set the figure and assume his area is worth more than the others.

To me, its party politics, pure and simple.

Also I go by the old saying " to many cooks spoil the broth.", we voted the government in they should be allowed to govern, but they are making a right mess of it bartering and arguing with a local mayor ! If every mayor made the decisions for their area we wouldn't have a clue what was going on, and they would all demand more money and concessions than their neighbors to show that they " really cared" for THEIR people.

Politicians bumble along during normal times, but when things get abnormal, they are quickly found out not to be as clever as they think they are !

Cheers.

I know politics is obviously high on the agenda, but the tories have encouraged a targeted approach in the hardest hit areas. It stands to reason you are not going to get a blanket response.

Burnham could well be wrong with his demands, but I think his concerns are warranted & go beyond politics.

The tories have happily handed out highly lucrative contracts based on who you know, rather than what you know. Unsurprising then when an us & them attitude is cultivated.

• Like 1

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dont stack bats on top of pangolins 

All its done for me is reinforce my logic in segregation,how people should stick to their own,have faith and loyalty to their own......ok this pandemic would of got out regardless but how many other h

Oswald Moseley was educate at Winchester College and Sandhurst Military Academy. He was one of the finest political minds of his age. Not exactly some shithouse comp in London or Bradford is

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

Does stuff like that and all the folks who don't want to face the facts not just make a little part of you want to let the pandemic go so at the end you can see the confused look on their faces as they have to face up to their own BS?

I'd be a terrible politician for that reason. Only thing that weighs against my total unreasonable-ness is hearing the painful stories from folks like AT.

As I keep harping on about mate, what else do we expect.

They have spent 50 plus years creating a country where you ain’t meant to feel any kinship to your own, having a sense of nation and identity is an outmoded and small minded concept, your flag means nothing, the soil beneath your feet means nothing, you church and that group means nothing......we are all individuals who should ignore every other individual and just do whatever we want to do, take the credit card and forget everything else ! 

And now we need all those things to matter, they don’t ! 

Just for good measure, Chuck in the mix 16 million people who are only here for the beer so to speak and it’s a f**k show ! 

• Like 3
9 minutes ago, Accip74 said:

I know politics is obviously high on the agenda, but the tories have encouraged a targeted approach in the hardest hit areas. It stands to reason you are not going to get a blanket response.

Burnham could well be wrong with his demands, but I think his concerns are warranted & go beyond politics.

The tories have happily handed out highly lucrative contracts based on who you know, rather than what you know. Unsurprising then when an us & them attitude is cultivated.

Once again, I agree. 

Regions need and should get central government help on a case by case basis.

BUT, Dan Jarvis, Labour MP and mayor of Sheffield, has just accepted the package for South Yorkshire without the posturing, petulant, party politics of Burnhan.

Cheers.

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Once again, I agree. 

BUT, Dan Jarvis, Labour MP and mayor of Sheffield, has just accepted the package for South Yorkshire without the posturing, petulant, party politics of Burnhan.

Cheers.

Dan Jarvis.... I mentioned him on here years ago. He's the sort of fella who could do the Tories serious damage imo if his party supported him fully. A Para veteran who did a spell in the special forces. An altogether better image in a time where 'politician' is a dirty word.

• Like 1

They have just moved the whole country here to top tier restrictions for 6 weeks.

Its the city’s that are rife but everyone is sharing the burden equally.

Yes there have been a couple of grumbles but for small country towns like my local town the message is “let’s support each other, let’s all do our bit and support the local businesses and each other to help them survive” ........that’s attitude has been absolutely consistent and unwavering right the way through this thing.

Many shops will have to close but the focus is on helping them come back when they can reopen.

Everyone wares a mask, everyone is sanitising their hands and shopping trolly handles......nobody is walking about being a prick for the sake of it.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

Here is another painful story Born.

My pal rang this morn to say his father in law who had asbestosis hung himself in his garden shed on Saturday .

Reason being he was afraid of going into hospital and contracting Covid and no family ect being able to visit ect or be there at the end .

That's a shame and no doubt this year has put a lot of people's mental health under serious strain.

4 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

Dan Jarvis.... I mentioned him on here years ago. He's the sort of fella who could do the Tories serious damage imo if his party supported him fully. A Para veteran who did a spell in the special forces. An altogether better image in a time where 'politician' is a dirty word.

Yes, he had a distinguished military career, unusual for a Labour MP these days. He sounds a sensible sort of chap.

A career before politics unlike most politicians.

Cheers.

When we gain our gratification from adding value to our area, our nation, our race and our history and start thinking that way then you will see positive change and a nicer society.

Until then, it’s “f**k you Jack” and we may as well accept it.......we are the result of the choices we make.

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Once again, I agree. 

Cheers.

Yeah fair enough mate. I’m just trying to look at it objectively as possible, as I’m not in favour of labour or Tory either way.

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

My pal rang this morn to say his father in law who had asbestosis hung himself in his garden shed on Saturday .

Reason being he was afraid of going into hospital and contracting Covid and no family ect being able to visit ect or be there at the end .

But Munter will say it's a FB story ?

Worse part is he then did exactly what he was so afraid of; he went without anyone knowing 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Accip74 said:

Yeah fair enough mate. I’m just trying to look at it objectively as possible, as I’m not in favour of labour or Tory either way.

I voted Labour all my life until I realised what a shithouse Blair was !

I voted for Boris, (rather than the Tory's), at the last election, for two reasons; 

1; he seemed the most likely to get Brexit done.

2; I couldn't bring myself to vote for a terrorist supporting, anti Semitic, Britain hating, communist old tramp.

I hold the vast majority of politicians of all parties in the same utter contempt.

Cheers.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Just now, tatsblisters said:

Same here utter contempt for both political party's tbh.

Same mate, and I can add into the mix that I have utter contempt for most of my fellow people for keep voting for these c**ts.......it’s insanity ! 
The gaff is totally broken, has been getting more broken year on year and this virus is showing up all the cracks.......and yet, we keep asking for more, it’s nuts !

• Like 2
28 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

But Munter will say it's a FB story ?

That's awful mate, if I remember rightly I posted that in the middle of last month after hospital tests ,the doctors surgery contacted me to inform me that a doctor would shortly be ringing me, and yes he did, and informed me I had mitral stenosis , and what do you want me to do,  I panicked all sorts went through my mind and I told him forget it cos of my age, at the moment the only thing in life that keeps me going, is the fact I have a daughter who is a carer in the community so I help her out financially at the end of each month ,  This forum has been very good to me in the past in my hr of need, I whinged like buggery, and not one of you shot me down, so look I know none of you from adam, but I look upon you all as friends, and I sincerely wish you all the best,

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1