Covid 19: What’s the lesson ?

14 minutes ago, Francie said:

How's Chris? 

I don't know the answer to your question Chris, can you not tell us? 

That's not what my question was tho, what I'm asking is, can vaccinated people still be contagious an spread diceases Chris? 

An the answer I found was yes bud? 

I believe some vaccines which use a live strain of a virus can lead to a short period where the vaccinated individual is potentially contagious and therefore can infect unvaccinated individuals. Simple solution, get a f***ing vaccine, lol. And if you don't believe in vaccines but rather 'natural' immunity then you haven't a concern have you.

Also many of these experimental COVID vaccines do not use a live strain of the virus so it would be impossible to infect someone.

• Like 1

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dont stack bats on top of pangolins 

All its done for me is reinforce my logic in segregation,how people should stick to their own,have faith and loyalty to their own......ok this pandemic would of got out regardless but how many other h

Oswald Moseley was educate at Winchester College and Sandhurst Military Academy. He was one of the finest political minds of his age. Not exactly some shithouse comp in London or Bradford is

Posted Images

Surely it should be of equal concern that thousands of cancer sufferers may die prematurely through fear of COVID, rather than actually getting it.
Let’s not forget even the vulnerable have a very good chance of surviving COVID, on the other hand a missed cancer diagnosis could be a certain death sentence for some.

• Like 1

Max you don't half come across as some numpty.  I'm 69 pretty active BUT I have blood pressure and take medication so it's alright for me to die? Oh he underlying problems.

It's okay for young people ie students at university to have house party's for all those muppets in York to have a street party, to ignore social distancing.To catch the virus and spread it about with their selfish attitude because they won't die. It's up to me Max to protect myself no responsibility of the young people who don't give a f**k.

FFS

Cheers Arry

• Like 7

I think blaming the young has become an easy scape goat.

Its the young, people who go to restaurants, people who go on holiday etc .....all those people enjoying themselves it’s there fault!

.....but nothing to do with most of us meeting at supermarkets, buses & trains on the way to busy work places & offices etc etc 

• Like 1

There isn't any real answers at all. 

My brother worked on the covid ward and caught it. He says lock downs are pointless and we just need to crack on

My mates Mrs works at a different hospital and she supports lock downs and says she will never forget otherwise healthy people choking to death one after another in front of her. 

I did a job for a large undertakers who says they havnt seen a big increase in deaths during the pandemic. Another undertakers in a different town went from 2-3 funerals a week to 25-30 at the height of it. 

Nobody knows and everyone has an argument on Facebook but is convinced their opinions are correct and only listens to 'evidence' that supports their opinion. One thing I have noticed is those who at the beginning were saying Boris would be personally responsible for all deaths if he went with herd immunity policy are the same cnuts now spamming Facebook with anti lockdown and government conspiracy posts. 

I don't know the answers but I'm sure as hell certain that Sandra who works in the local spar fckin doesn't either....even though she shares her new Boris is a cnut posts 8 times a day. 

Will live in a democracy, we elected leaders so on this we have to listen, even if it turns out wrong. It's pointless going through the economic problems of lockdown if 50% of people ignore it. What's the option? Fckin corbyn and abbot in charge of corona policy ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, Accip74 said:

Surely it should be of equal concern that thousands of cancer sufferers may die prematurely through fear of COVID, rather than actually getting it.
Let’s not forget even the vulnerable have a very good chance of surviving COVID, on the other hand a missed cancer diagnosis could be a certain death sentence for some.

Of course it is. It's also been a massive concern of mine that economic damage will lead to years if not decades of reduced tax revenues and so reduced Health funding. How many deaths does that tot up long term? I mean if all we're concerned about is how full the dead bin is.

As I said earlier, age and quality determine the value of a death/life. Not all missed diagnoses are equal in terms of their 'death sentence'. I mean if we reduce this thinking to ground level, being born is a certain death sentence.

• Like 1
Just now, Balaur said:

Sorry Arry we're gonna have to let you go mate you've been a fungi to have about,...but you're getting on a bit now....? ?

Fair enough Joe. By then nice to have met you all.

Cheers Arry

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

Of course it is. It's also been a massive concern of mine that economic damage will lead to years if not decades of reduced tax revenues and so reduced Health funding. How many deaths does that tot up long term? I mean if all we're concerned about is how full the dead bin is.

As I said earlier, age and quality determine the value of a death/life. Not all missed diagnoses are equal in terms of their 'death sentence'. I mean if we reduce this thinking to ground level, being born is a certain death sentence.

I think we are on the same page here? ?

I just think our focus is getting a little narrow for most of us. There’s a bigger long term picture to take into account. No easy answers of course & I find I’m checking myself constantly for my empathy levels.....

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Balaur said:

Work places are probably the main of it but it's a necessity for livelihoods and feeding the family unlike the others mentioned, it's also probably some resentment for attitudes of some of the younger generation, but also when in Bristol recently there was a queue for primark which wrapped around the whole building, 4 wide , and surely that indicates the attitude towards it....it's just a hindrance to most...

I was forced to go to Ikea yesterday, first time this year. It was packed like usual & yet the poor night shop owner has to close at 10pm.......?

56 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

Personally, I don't count all deaths as equal. Age and quality are significant factors whether it's consider a pleasant discussion or not. E.g. A 70 year old dying in their sleep from a sudden condition is not as bad as an 8 year old being murdered.

No death is strictly acceptable but we can't pretend that all deaths are equal. The fact is that the deaths attributed to this disease are weighted towards those with an already somewhat reduced life expectancy. It's a dirty discussion and folks are throwing it around like those who have died were worthless, which is wrong, but it's nonetheless true that it's better for someone who has lived most of their life to kick it than someone who has only just started theirs. IMO

Says the fit and perfectly healthy 32 yr old....... :D

That's why I think visiting at care homes should be allowed providing all parties agree and sign a disclaimer. 

Anyone else think there hasn’t been enough said about long term health & looking after your immune system?

My mum is a great example of short term thinking. She’s absolutely terrified of catching COVID. She’s been out twice in 6 months & fully prepared to spend Christmas alone (she hates being alone & has always made us feel guilty about it).......she will no doubt spend Christmas Day smoking 30 cigarettes.....

I think politicians are shit scared of people finding out that they can function alone and being in a financial position where they have to tell the state to shove all their demands up their arse.

People have been absolutely rinsed for every type of charge and stealth tax for years under pain of prosecution which works all the time there’s plenty of money sloshing about or an extra job people can do or a house for people to remortgage.....now al those things are going to be in short supply and folks may just say “hey, hold on....I can’t pay this and I don’t have to”

Thats the scenario politicians really don’t want.

Literally just on the phone to my mum and talking about war time, they never had the help in the war that we get now but then they never had the demands either, they didn’t have millions of people who shouldn’t be there and they still had a sense of nation and community.....they had all the tools to survive.

Small community’s, local produce, people knew each other, low demands from the state, freedom to get by.......none of the things we have now.

They can’t tell the truth and say “we have pissed away the trillions and trillion we have rinsed you for and borrowed a tanker load more on top and now we can’t come up with any more”......people are going to find this out and say “hold on a minute !” 

• Like 1