Have to say, it’s been alright.

Made me much more focused on getting the little farm in a better working order, lines of production etc rather than just tossing it off.

The family are all in one place, mucking in here and there....no rushing about to schools, jobs, college, nights out etc

All having a laugh, the occasional ruck and generally enjoying each other company.

Got bundles done, obviously no money coming in but f**k it.....you can’t go to all the weddings and none of the funerals in life.

• Like 3

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Literally sat waiting for a phone call for worst case scenario contingency . look at this country , look at our case of self importance. I’ve got lads literally waiting to go and get hands on. In

The boy helping me with some trapping. Obviously he isn’t handling Mk6’s......that would be fcuking irresponsible! ?    

This is the latest drawing.

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Must admit im finding this f****n hard work mentally...i said to the ol woman i think prison is easier than this ( she was none too pleased ? ).....in nick at least you know where you are,what your doing and when its ending.....i keep getting it into my head that everyones running round having a great time while im couped up indoors,then have to phone a mate to make sure he,s equally as bored as i am....it does make you appreciate things and people you take for granted though,i put the hose on the car the other day without realising the windows were down then thought id have a go at removing a couple of trees and absolutely naused it.....then yesterday took a great big chunk out the ground with the mower nearly killing myself in the process.....ive even started trying to spend my way out of it i bought a shed yesterday and this morning gone and bought some fancy pants camera,sooner we get back to normal the better hows everyone else passing the time ?

you taking your terrier out gnash ?  you be  getting  a gsp     this year as well think you said mate .?

Yesterday afternoon after beach combing and pork rolling I started to make myself an ula, always fancied one since watching Agnes hailstone chopping up everything and anything with hers on life below zero,  looks like it makes a lot more sense than a normal blade and has been used for decades by ancient people so just putting the finishing touches to this made with an old angle grinder diamond cutting disc found on the floor and a little scrap of ply, sanded back to show the lamination, I,m on week two,  keeping as busy as possible but still struggling like mad, everything seems a bit surreal and twilight zone, ✌️

3C47B1E9-8652-4112-B534-7411EA1A3830.jpeg

• Like 12
36 minutes ago, bird said:

you taking your terrier out gnash ?  you be  getting  a gsp     this year as well think you said mate .?

Yes im still getting the youngster out its the highlight of my day at the moment ?....the Pointer has been put on the back burner for now as its a complicated little scenario that i wont bore you with....ive got a hospital appointment next week that im really looking forward to as im hoping to get an all clear to start light training again which will give the mind a bit of focus again.......how you getting on mate you getting that big dog of yours out and about ?

Today’s jobs will include, maintenance on the chicken pen, tidying my workshop and cooking a nice veal tangine to be served with boiled rice, some poppadums and a glass of cider with loads of ice.....that will do I reckon, don’t want to knock myself out ! Lol 

• Like 2

Been pretty busy to be honest...

I've got an office set up here so been ploughing on with what needs to be done..but...I feel completely different...less stressed and working around having breakfast, lunch and dinner (normally I might grab 1 meal a day like a headless chicken)...

I feel ok to be honest, I'm working around the place as well, and if I feel like knocking work on the head at 1 and cutting the grass, or building some shit...I do it...

I pray I can take this on once we are out of this lockdown, I know my own downfall is trying to do too much everyday and this has highlighted it starkly to me how I should live....

I'm not unhappy, but am missing other human contact at times....

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

The south of England is a good few weeks in front of us in terms of trees blossoming and things growing so spring is only just arriving here at the moment so I have all that to look forward too.

On 07/04/2020 at 12:10, Blackmag said:

We use to do the same years ago use to get loads of  floats never bought a float in years  dummys from dummy launchers football's all sorts  and dogs use to work the banks for rats and rabbits 

Used to work about 200 yards from cardiff foreshore. Saved myself a small fortune picking up bits of tackle etc during my lunch breaks ?

• Like 1
18 hours ago, dytkos said:

Climb over the wall into the yard, then take the bottles back in at the front to get deposit back ?

Cheers, D.

Lol yep, we used to do it with the old  lucozade bottles, 10p a bottle lol

14 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Used to work about 200 yards from cardiff foreshore. Saved myself a small fortune picking up bits of tackle etc during my lunch breaks ?

It's surprising what you find when you look i had boxes of floats and other tackle I picked up I know a few who take a chainsaw and get trailer loads of wood and sell it on 

Edited by Blackmag
2 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

It's surprising what you find when you look i had boxes of floats and other tackle I picked up I know a few who take a chainsaw and get trailer loads of wood and sell it on 

Yeah it's very handy. I worked there for twelve years. Found allsorts on the foreshore ?

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

Salt content in drift wood is really bad for wood burners as the salt condenses and rots the flu and even the stove over time, I could run about 10 wood burners on the stuff washed up by me but won’t touch it, breaks my heart as I love anything that’s free and still usable ?

• Like 1