14 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

Use to do the pop bottles use to sneak round back of pubs and clubs and sell them on setting market stalls up was another money earner it's all but  gone now sid 

Climb over the wall into the yard, then take the bottles back in at the front to get deposit back ?

Cheers, D.

• Like 1

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Literally sat waiting for a phone call for worst case scenario contingency . look at this country , look at our case of self importance. I’ve got lads literally waiting to go and get hands on. In

The boy helping me with some trapping. Obviously he isn’t handling Mk6’s......that would be fcuking irresponsible! ?    

This is the latest drawing.

Posted Images

Possible controversial thought - I think I’m going to miss lockdown in a lot of ways if it ever goes. The countryside is quiet for once, it’s taking a breath. 

Roads are quiet, animals are out, it’s peaceful and quiet in the fields.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

Possible controversial thought - I think I’m going to miss lockdown in a lot of ways if it ever goes. The countryside is quiet for once, it’s taking a breath. 

I had similar thoughts the other day. I think a lot of people will miss certain things & opportunities to do stuff they didn’t have before. Family units could be make or break! It’s been a bit of a plus for our family on the whole so far.......apart from cancelling our holiday, but they’ll be others.....

• Like 4
3 hours ago, sid g said:

used to cut bull rushes for the florist good pocket money that and getting the returns on pop bottles we collected off the building site ..

Used to do the pop bottles the same and the bull rushes but just knock all the doors on the local estates trying to get a bit of coin for them

2 hours ago, SheepChaser said:

I'm still working but come the weekend it feels like they have turned the rat race off 

Edited by steve66
  • Like 1
11 hours ago, Accip74 said:

I had similar thoughts the other day. I think a lot of people will miss certain things & opportunities to do stuff they didn’t have before. Family units could be make or break! It’s been a bit of a plus for our family on the whole so far.......apart from cancelling our holiday, but they’ll be others.....

I won't miss a f***ing thing about it! I f***ing hate having my freedom restricted. 80

• Like 5

Must admit im finding this f****n hard work mentally...i said to the ol woman i think prison is easier than this ( she was none too pleased ? ).....in nick at least you know where you are,what your doing and when its ending.....i keep getting it into my head that everyones running round having a great time while im couped up indoors,then have to phone a mate to make sure he,s equally as bored as i am....it does make you appreciate things and people you take for granted though,i put the hose on the car the other day without realising the windows were down then thought id have a go at removing a couple of trees and absolutely naused it.....then yesterday took a great big chunk out the ground with the mower nearly killing myself in the process.....ive even started trying to spend my way out of it i bought a shed yesterday and this morning gone and bought some fancy pants camera,sooner we get back to normal the better hows everyone else passing the time ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

No different for me really as I work on my own most days with just the dogs for company. I’ve got less work on but that means the days I’m not working I spend up my lock up doing knives 

11 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Must admit im finding this f****n hard work mentally...i said to the ol woman i think prison is easier than this ( she was none too pleased ? ).....in nick at least you know where you are,what your doing and when its ending.....i keep getting it into my head that everyones running round having a great time while im couped up indoors,then have to phone a mate to make sure he,s equally as bored as i am....it does make you appreciate things and people you take for granted though,i put the hose on the car the other day without realising the windows were down then thought id have a go at removing a couple of trees and absolutely naused it.....then yesterday took a great big chunk out the ground with the mower nearly killing myself in the process.....ive even started trying to spend my way out of it i bought a shed yesterday and this morning gone and bought some fancy pants camera,sooner we get back to normal the better hows everyone else passing the time ?

My misses is flat out at work so I am at home with the 3 kids which I don’t usually mind but it’s hard work as we are not able to get out and break the day up. I am really enjoying the evenings though I think it’s been real quality time as we take the dogs out as a family unit for a hour and a half to 2 hours the route takes. The kids are learning a bit about nature and seeing stuff they probably wouldn’t usually get to see so much.

• Like 5