3 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Chance of a Barbel 15lb +, carp 29lb +, pike 30lb +, salmon, trout, grayling, chub, dace, roach, perch... No need to sit around a muddy puddle when the river throws up wild fish of those sizes??DSC_2291.JPG.41615376cf91eb60410fc8af6dbfb6cc.JPG

Where;s that Sean? Down your way?

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Literally sat waiting for a phone call for worst case scenario contingency . look at this country , look at our case of self importance. I’ve got lads literally waiting to go and get hands on. In

The boy helping me with some trapping. Obviously he isn’t handling Mk6’s......that would be fcuking irresponsible! ?    

This is the latest drawing.

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Nicepix said:

I just want to go fishing!

We are running out of jobs that we can do because we can't buy the stuff like paint, wood or sand & cement to do other jobs. And we are facing a further 3 weeks of this according to the papers. I honestly cannot see it continuing in its present way. They have to allow some shops and businesses to open in a limited way just to release some of the pressure caused by boredom and frustration.

The week before lockdown I ordered a car from a local garage. The car is ready for its Controle-Technique and then I could drive it away. Except the garage is closed and the C-T examination centre is closed so I can't get it. By the time they open there will be a back log of 5 weeks of appointments with some car drivers having vehicles out of C-T and therefore illegal. They have got to open things like that and the dump-it sites, building supplies and the like to relieve the frustration. 

This will be my problem soon regarding materials. Obviously the Brico’s are shut here, but we are lucky that they have allowed a garden centre chain called Aveve to remain open, because it’s sells pet food/supplies, plus all sorts of other stuff. Hope that doesn’t change soon!

Edited by Accip74
1 minute ago, forest of dean redneck said:

Bandit Country, you never ever go over to the right hand side espically at night ?

I know . 

Imagine spending serious time and money on a ticket and gear to find yourself pitched next to wilf. 

Clad in full realtree waders , up a tree with a balaclava on scanning the water with Binos for air bubbles. 

What a f***ing disasterous way to spend the night

• Haha 4
3 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

I know . 

Imagine spending serious time and money on a ticket and gear to find yourself pitched next to wilf. 

Clad in full realtree waders , up a tree with a balaclava on scanning the water with Binos for air bubbles. 

?I'm on about where DC fishes not puddle chucking. 

1 hour ago, Daniel cain said:

Chance of a Barbel 15lb +, carp 29lb +, pike 30lb +, salmon, trout, grayling, chub, dace, roach, perch... No need to sit around a muddy puddle when the river throws up wild fish of those sizes??DSC_2291.JPG.41615376cf91eb60410fc8af6dbfb6cc.JPG

Looks a nice place that..

1 hour ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

I know . 

The next day when you get home you would be on the internet ordering a klu klux Klan outfit ??

You would be fully converted after a night fishing session with wilf.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Accip74 said:

This will be my problem soon regarding materials. Obviously the Brico’s are shut here, but we are lucky that they have allowed a garden centre chain called Aveve to remain open, because it’s sells pet food/supplies, plus all sorts of other stuff. Hope that doesn’t change soon!

The Gamm Ver in France is also a garden centre come animal foodstuffs place. You can buy dog food, but not  plants or seeds. The hypermarkets have roped off their clothes section and other non-essentials. Meanwhile in Lidl anything goes so yesterday I came back with two packs of tomato seeds and a six pack of socks.

But if the French can't get their plants and seeds to put in their veg' plots there will be riots. It is an essential part of rural life out here.

1 hour ago, Daniel cain said:

B'stard!.

I'd gladly give £45 a day to fish a muddy puddle at the moment. But I know what you mean ?

• Haha 1
7 minutes ago, Nicepix said:

The Gamm Ver in France is also a garden centre come animal foodstuffs place. You can buy dog food, but not  plants or seeds. The hypermarkets have roped off their clothes section and other non-essentials. Meanwhile in Lidl anything goes so yesterday I came back with two packs of tomato seeds and a six pack of socks.

But if the French can't get their plants and seeds to put in their veg' plots there will be riots. It is an essential part of rural life out here.

I’ve just been to Aveve & items deemed non essential were cordoned off with plastic tape. Seeds & plants were fine & the bags of potting soil I took, next to that was posts & chicken wire, which is what I really wanted, I couldn’t bloody take! ?

16 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Get bored with the fishing and you can f**k off for a wander with the dog's ??20150912_192800.jpg.106e0e1af1fa2af13b470745559071ad.jpg

Already pretty well f****d mate. Because of all of the numpties travelling from all over to 'test' their dogs and film it for Facebook. 

Forestry commission have shot a lot of it out and the local police etc are hot on it.

Shame really as it was a great spot for many years until the dick swinging.

Edited to add - clean ears for a dog caught pig.

Edited by SheepChaser
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1