• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Literally sat waiting for a phone call for worst case scenario contingency . look at this country , look at our case of self importance. I’ve got lads literally waiting to go and get hands on. In

The boy helping me with some trapping. Obviously he isn’t handling Mk6’s......that would be fcuking irresponsible! ?    

This is the latest drawing.

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Kids absolutely wrecked the house this morning so it was into the motor after dinner and off to an isolated farm wood I know to watch a lad I know local in the tractors . 

Walked 4 mile with them . Did they sleep early tonight? Did they f**k ! 

991B2BBA-2733-4E40-B770-73F03E6ECE1C.jpeg

FCFEA700-1A21-48E6-8076-4447AEB51CB6.jpeg

£60 fine for doing that now.

Cheers, D.

• Like 1

I can’t lie, as a family it’s been really nice so far. Wife & kids haven’t been near the public in almost 2 weeks & me only sparingly. The Mrs is occupied with her work at home & me with everything else. It’s been working well. Mrs even said can we stay like this!

Of course the weather we are having at the moment makes a huge difference, so everyone’s mood is up & plenty to do outside, plus we are very lucky with our location. But all good thus far ?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I just want to go fishing!

We are running out of jobs that we can do because we can't buy the stuff like paint, wood or sand & cement to do other jobs. And we are facing a further 3 weeks of this according to the papers. I honestly cannot see it continuing in its present way. They have to allow some shops and businesses to open in a limited way just to release some of the pressure caused by boredom and frustration.

The week before lockdown I ordered a car from a local garage. The car is ready for its Controle-Technique and then I could drive it away. Except the garage is closed and the C-T examination centre is closed so I can't get it. By the time they open there will be a back log of 5 weeks of appointments with some car drivers having vehicles out of C-T and therefore illegal. They have got to open things like that and the dump-it sites, building supplies and the like to relieve the frustration. 

• Like 2

I'm not sure how effective this will be at this stage (too late?) but once the antibody testing is flying they'll know who has had it (likely immune) and who has got it so they can then isolate them and trace who they've been in contact with to limit spread. This level of intelligence might be enough to allow the lock-down to be eased and life to resume somewhat...

If that is possible, it's a much nearer term conclusion to all this than waiting for a vaccine and much less risk to life than herd immunity.

• Like 2
19 minutes ago, Nicepix said:

I just want to go fishing!

We are running out of jobs that we can do because we can't buy the stuff like paint, wood or sand & cement to do other jobs. And we are facing a further 3 weeks of this according to the papers. I honestly cannot see it continuing in its present way. They have to allow some shops and businesses to open in a limited way just to release some of the pressure caused by boredom and frustration.

The week before lockdown I ordered a car from a local garage. The car is ready for its Controle-Technique and then I could drive it away. Except the garage is closed and the C-T examination centre is closed so I can't get it. By the time they open there will be a back log of 5 weeks of appointments with some car drivers having vehicles out of C-T and therefore illegal. They have got to open things like that and the dump-it sites, building supplies and the like to relieve the frustration. 

Been locked down for 2 weeks here mate,ran out of jobs to do now,just try to keep the head busy.?

11 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

I'm not sure how effective this will be at this stage (too late?) but once the antibody testing is flying they'll know who has had it (likely immune) and who has got it so they can then isolate them and trace who they've been in contact with to limit spread. This level of intelligence might be enough to allow the lock-down to be eased and life to resume somewhat...

If that is possible, it's a much nearer term conclusion to all this than waiting for a vaccine and much less risk to life than herd immunity.

maybe im not understanding you  properly  , but the spread is not just person to person direct contact  ,

Just now, riohog said:

maybe im not understanding you  properly  , but the spread is not just person to person direct contact  ,

I think it's primarily from being in close proximity, breathing. So effectively person to person. I'm not sure how significant all this gloves and hand washing really is, there's some doubt over it.

Basically what I was wondering is if it's too late to implement the same strategy South Korea did, only even more effectively as the antibody test will tell us who has already had it and recovered (likely immune) as well as who is currently infected.

In its efforts to fight and contain the virus, South Korea has combined testing with contact tracing.

Infected South Koreans are required to go into isolation in government shelters. Their phones and credit card data are used to trace their prior movements and find their contacts. Those who are determined to have been near the infected individual receive phone alerts with information about their prior movements.

According to Chun Byung-Chul, an epidemiologist at Korea University, high-risk patients who have underlying illnesses are prioritized for hospitalization. Patients with moderate symptoms are sent to "repurposed corporate training facilities and spaces provided by public institutions," where they receive observation and medical support. Patients who recover and test negative twice are released. Close contacts and infected individuals with minimal symptoms who can measure their own temperatures and whose family members are free of any chronic disease are required to self-quarantine for 2 weeks. Local monitoring teams calls the quarantined twice a day to make sure that they stay where they are and to ask about symptoms.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_coronavirus_pandemic_in_South_Korea#Containment

4 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

I think it's primarily from being in close proximity, breathing. So effectively person to person. I'm not sure how significant all this gloves and hand washing really is, there's some doubt over it.

Basically what I was wondering is if it's too late to implement the same strategy South Korea did, only even more effectively as the antibody test will tell us who has already had it and recovered (likely immune) as well as who is currently infected.

yes  i hear they are making test kits  ect how the hell can they get them to everone then anylise the results quick time ,dont think they can do it to the whole of the uk population 

6 minutes ago, riohog said:

yes  i hear they are making test kits  ect how the hell can they get them to everone then anylise the results quick time ,dont think they can do it to the whole of the uk population 

Maybe they will use the 500'000 volunteers to bring them to you.

You swab your mouth and they take them all back to a drop off point.

To be tested.