brexit, Coronavirus and the eu

7 minutes ago, jetro said:

I didn't know that, scary thought.

Yes have kids, ( us irish have been breeding like rabbits for years LOL), but the system has to change as well. Less globalisation, and trying to make multiculturalism work. Get back to our europan roots and stock. Depend on ourselves, and help ourselves, with out the heavy prices and taxes imposed on us by our and other governments. 

Atb j 

How would you make it work though? @WILF highlighted how doing it at gunpoint will fail. So will enacting the laws he mentioned. I added the 3rd one of emergency powers based on the greater good and security.

I fully agree that the system has to change but I'd like to see a stimulus to the economy that sees fewer barriers to business that would create quality well paying jobs that would encourage people to come to work for their own benefit. That should theoretically fix the depending on ourselves and helping ourselves equation. Reducing the size of our bloated public sector would also address the costs, heavy pricing and taxation equation.

I mentioned in earlier threads about addressing immigration but my proposal is, and always has been, stop paying people to come here and live at the expense of the state. Reducing the public sector would address that very quickly. People would either come to contribute or they wouldn't come at all.

All that being said. How would a nationalist government, in even the softest and broadest terms create that kind of environment and are there any historical examples of where it worked and didn't create any of the hurdles we've mentioned that condemn it to failure? :hmm:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We should go back to making quality and make the best instead of trying to make the cheapest. Every body wants the best they can afford there will aways be a demand for quality this country should con

I think country’s are turning there backs on there eu neighbours in this time of need, which will cause even more friction, Italy turned to Germany for help at the start of this and were to.d to f**k

Good luck to them with that, can't take what I don't have ???. But it would give great incentive for the government to reopen closed factories in small towns and cities and rual parts to start ma

Posted Images

6 hours ago, Born Hunter said:

Well the UK Gov' have been given the power to use everyone's personal mobile data to track movements. No time limit. Same in other EU countries.

no massage parlours for a bit then ,,,,

Just now, riohog said:

no massage parlours for a bit then ,,,,

I'd love to see that data for Westminster! They're sh*tt*ng themselves as to how much it reveal about their idleness or shenanigans. Or they're trying to quickly enact some kind of emergency power that makes them exempt from the season finale reveal! :laugh:

2 minutes ago, ChrisJones said:

I'd love to see that data for Westminster! They're sh*tt*ng themselves as to how much it reveal about their idleness or shenanigans. Or they're trying to quickly enact some kind of emergency power that makes them exempt from the season finale reveal! :laugh:

diplomatic imunity  ,

• Haha 2
54 minutes ago, ChrisJones said:

How would you make it work though? @WILF highlighted how doing it at gunpoint will fail. So will enacting the laws he mentioned. I added the 3rd one of emergency powers based on the greater good and security.

I fully agree that the system has to change but I'd like to see a stimulus to the economy that sees fewer barriers to business that would create quality well paying jobs that would encourage people to come to work for their own benefit. That should theoretically fix the depending on ourselves and helping ourselves equation. Reducing the size of our bloated public sector would also address the costs, heavy pricing and taxation equation.

I mentioned in earlier threads about addressing immigration but my proposal is, and always has been, stop paying people to come here and live at the expense of the state. Reducing the public sector would address that very quickly. People would either come to contribute or they wouldn't come at all.

All that being said. How would a nationalist government, in even the softest and broadest terms create that kind of environment and are there any historical examples of where it worked and didn't create any of the hurdles we've mentioned that condemn it to failure? :hmm:

Stop importing thing that can be made at home. Make sure that all people of said country is giving work,  Give the work to the people of your own country first.  Build a new infrastructure,ect ect.  Invest in our children and grandchildrens futures. Not to sell out every thing we have of any value.

If I had the answers I'd be doing pretty well for myself, and this country, but I don't.  No one does really, the whole system from the top down would have to be over hauled. 

It's just i firmly believe that for such a small island as ours, it could and should be doing a lot better for itself. 

Atb j 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
17 minutes ago, ChrisJones said:

I'd like to see the sources for that, mate, 

That’s Is readily available information and can be found almost anywhere with a quick google from multiple sources mate 

3 minutes ago, jetro said:

Stop importing thing that can be made at home. Make sure that all people of said country is giving work,  Give the work to the people of your own country first.  Build a new infrastructure,ect ect.  Invest in our children and grandchildrens futures. Not to sell out every thing we have of any value.

Can't argue with much of that until we reach a point before the virus locked down our respective countries. Until the last couple of weeks the amount of jobs, at least here in the colonies, outstripped the ability to fill them. The best way to secure the investments in business, jobs, people, etc, in my opinion is to remove the barriers for businesses to want to do business in our respective countries. That will allow for all that you've listed to happen.

7 minutes ago, jetro said:

If I had the answers I'd be doing pretty well for myself, and this country, but I don't.  No one does really, the whole system from the top down would have to be over hauled. 

It's just i firmly believe that for such a small island as ours, it could and should be doing a lot better for itself.

Fully agree and we're essentially just sh*t posting to while the time away while the apocalypse rolls outside. We're purely shooting the breeze while maintaining nationally mandated social distancing guidelines! :laugh:

I've read a lot of posts from THL regulars, over the last 16 years, and I'm genuinely interested in the different world view. Just curious how we would all make our hypothetical utopias work, is all! :thumbs:

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, ChrisJones said:

Can't argue with much of that until we reach a point before the virus locked down our respective countries. Until the last couple of weeks the amount of jobs, at least here in the colonies, outstripped the ability to fill them. The best way to secure the investments in business, jobs, people, etc, in my opinion is to remove the barriers for businesses to want to do business in our respective countries. That will allow for all that you've listed to happen.

Fully agree and we're essentially just sh*t posting to while the time away while the apocalypse rolls outside. We're purely shooting the breeze while maintaining nationally mandated social distancing guidelines! :laugh:

I've read a lot of posts from THL regulars, over the last 16 years, and I'm genuinely interested in the different world view. Just curious how we would all make our hypothetical utopias work, is all! :thumbs:

Out of likes, ???

as you said  were just shooting the breeze,

Stay safe

Atb j 

7 minutes ago, WILF said:

That’s Is readily available information and can be found almost anywhere with a quick google from multiple sources mate 

Done it quite a bit over the years, mate, and I honestly can't find anything that hasn't been issued a firm rebuttal and then several more counter studies that read like a typical THL thread.

For the sake of brevity I won't argue the point and say that you're correct. How would a nationalist government going to fix that without avoiding the pitfalls we've seen in recent history and also avoid the hurdles that doom it to failure?

I fully agree that changes need to be made and I agree with a lot of what you and @jetro are posting today. But even if a hypothetical soft and broad nationalist government were to come to power what safeguards go into place to protect those, like myself, who disagree with a robust large government? History as shown that people like me don't fair well in those places! :laugh:

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, jetro said:

Out of likes, ???

as you said  were just shooting the breeze,

Stay safe

I'm the same, mate! I like what you and @WILF are posting but I can't issue you both the politically correct THL kudos because of the limitations on our forum freedoms! :laugh:

You too! ;)

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, ChrisJones said:

Done it quite a bit over the years, mate, and I honestly can't find anything that hasn't been issued a firm rebuttal and then several more counter studies that read like a typical THL thread.

For the sake of brevity I won't argue the point and say that you're correct. How would a nationalist government going to fix that without avoiding the pitfalls we've seen in recent history and also avoid the hurdles that doom it to failure?

I fully agree that changes need to be made and I agree with a lot of what you and @jetro are posting today. But even if a hypothetical soft and broad nationalist government were to come to power what safeguards go into place to protect those, like myself, who disagree with a robust large government? History as shown that people like me don't fair well in those places! :laugh:

If I come to power, you'll be safe here, don't worry I'll look after you lol ??

Atb j 

Daft question, this is just for a bit of fun really. I you had the chance to change your country, for what you think would be the best for it and her people. What would you do.

Atb j 

4 minutes ago, jetro said:

Daft question, this is just for a bit of fun really. I you had the chance to change your country, for what you think would be the best for it and her people. What would you do.

Atb j 

For me it would be a massive do over. A strong foundational constitution and repealing of tens of thousands of bullsh*t laws. That would the start point. The short answer is individual liberty. Everything up from there is open to discussion with the people.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1