Classic MK2 HW 77 long.

Gave this lovely old lady another tweak up whilst putting a nice zero into the 80.

Those red bullseyes are very close to a 5p coin and all shot on a 38 yard zero.

IMG_1423.JPG.f787af58d22d7bd9bdcd5b9c94d2e1d1.JPG

IMG_1424.JPG.1266f2117984388f4159497fedcb5ac2.JPG

Very happy to take her hunting as normal, she's taken a lot of vermin. 

Here's the early MK2 77 with the MK1 80.

IMG_1421.JPG.7810663bc032eccbf8e2340866e7f42e.JPG

IMG_1422.JPG.9ebf8966490f76393335455378d3be5c.JPG

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/03/2020 at 15:55, Dervburner said:

More old junk............................................................???

Those two weigh a bit, are you a scrap dealer Mark????

Sorry, just ‘avin a larf ?

In all honesty Dev if you shot that 77

you would not give it back mate

i know that 77 like the back of my hand its fitted with a SFS stage 2 tuning kit

and the stock is stunning (I should know i did it the stock i mean)

gave it a matt finish .

You see the rifle was mine and as Mark has sayd its taken some vermin for us both

and Jon Jon had it before us

she is as close to a pcp as you can get with a spring rifle .

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

PS,,,,and your right it dose weigh a bit by its self  lol

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I spoke to Jonjon about this old girl Jimmy because, as you say, he was a previous owner.

According to Jonjon, originally Davy T63 once used this 77 and had a stage 2 tune and trigger tune from Sandwell Field Sports done to her, Jonjon checked up on this with Sandwell and yes that was done, she also has the Sandwell stickers inside and out.

Now that MK1 80--- an absolute beast of an air rifle, is not silky smooth like the 77 is, so me being me, I have spoken to Tony Wall at Sandwell just the other evening and he can do nothing until this lock down is finished and then its a 12 - 16 week wait, don't get me wrong, the 80-- is superb to shoot but I want that silky smooth action and silky two stage trigger again.

Because of this waiting time I`m going to be sending him my  HW 80-- HW 97 for tuning and trigger work and hunt with the FWB Sports, T Rex ,Pro Sport and HW 77 whilst they are gone.

atb. Mark.

10 hours ago, bigmac 97kt said:

In all honesty Dev if you shot that 77

you would not give it back mate

i know that 77 like the back of my hand its fitted with a SFS stage 2 tuning kit

and the stock is stunning (I should know i did it the stock i mean)

gave it a matt finish .

You see the rifle was mine and as Mark has sayd its taken some vermin for us both

and Jon Jon had it before us

she is as close to a pcp as you can get with a spring rifle .

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

PS,,,,and your right it dose weigh a bit by its self  lol

Only joking?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, mark williams said:

I spoke to Jonjon about this old girl Jimmy because, as you say, he was a previous owner.

According to Jonjon, originally Davy T63 once used this 77 and had a stage 2 tune and trigger tune from Sandwell Field Sports done to her, Jonjon checked up on this with Sandwell and yes that was done, she also has the Sandwell stickers inside and out.

Now that MK1 80--- an absolute beast of an air rifle, is not silky smooth like the 77 is, so me being me, I have spoken to Tony Wall at Sandwell just the other evening and he can do nothing until this lock down is finished and then its a 12 - 16 week wait, don't get me wrong, the 80-- is superb to shoot but I want that silky smooth action and silky two stage trigger again.

Because of this waiting time I`m going to be sending him my  HW 80-- HW 97 for tuning and trigger work and hunt with the FWB Sports, T Rex ,Pro Sport and HW 77 whilst they are gone.

atb. Mark.

in all honesty mark.. do it yourself:thumbs:

theres no witchcraft involved in tuning a springer in fact its a complete pi55 take what they charge and the turn round times are a joke!

new spring.. it probably won't need one either but £20 tops

piston seal £15

you could order the drop in guides for £20 but once you've re profiled the spring with a dremil you wouldn't be able to tell the difference between one or the other!

your not a puddin and im sure you own a battery drill and a hammer.. do it yourself get ya geek on, its not like were pushed for time at the moment?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Naar, not for me Si unless I had a tutor stood at the side of me all fecking day.

Give me the old church windows or roofs, I`m your man but give me an IKEA cupboard and I get angry and frustrated with a bigger bag of screws left over than I started with :censored::laugh:

Each to their own buddy.

• Haha 2
2 hours ago, mark williams said:

Naar, not for me Si unless I had a tutor stood at the side of me all fecking day.

Give me the old church windows or roofs, I`m your man but give me an IKEA cupboard and I get angry and frustrated with a bigger bag of screws left over than I started with :censored::laugh:

Each to their own buddy.

Or you could just send it to mr si brown mark

You want to see what he has done to an old fair ground rifle

pellet on the barrel and fired and it did not move and we all know what them fair ground rifles were like

Would of been cheaper to buy a bloody gold fish ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, bigmac 97kt said:

Or you could just send it to mr si brown mark

You want to see what he has done to an old fair ground rifle

pellet on the barrel and fired and it did not move and we all know what them fair ground rifles were like

Would of been cheaper to buy a bloody gold fish ?

It’s £300 cash up front with a 6 month wait if you want the deluxe fettle with a shiny sticker?

• Haha 2