what was the last film you watched

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Did you both enjoy it?  Cheers, D.

just watching a programme about the 84-85 miners strike and theres my father large as life on the tele walking towards the camera, he's been dead over 30 yrs, fair shook me up in a good way, wasnt exp

Posted Images

10 hours ago, mackem said:

9.5/10 do yourself a favour and watch the film (he even has a Bedlington). 

What are you up to these days I remember you always seemed to travelling or abroad somewhere do you still manage to get about since covid etc

15 minutes ago, dodger said:

What are you up to these days I remember you always seemed to travelling or abroad somewhere do you still manage to get about since covid etc

Out and about now and again mate, you know how life is. If you get the chance watch SISU very good film, he just doesn't stop. 

9 minutes ago, mackem said:

Out and about now and again mate, you know how life is. If you get the chance watch SISU very good film, he just doesn't stop. 

Pleased to hear that I'm hoping to go somewhere in July but only for a month and I havnt been able to go away for 3 years so looking forward to hitting the road abit, I'm not sure were yet but considering the Philippines?

I'll check that movie out later thanks I was supposed to have my kids this weekend but the ex has again let me down so a good movie to relax to will take the edge off..

• Like 1
1 minute ago, dodger said:

Pleased to hear that I'm hoping to go somewhere in July but only for a month and I havnt been able to go away for 3 years so looking forward to hitting the road abit, I'm not sure were yet but considering the Philippines?

I used to live there, where you considering? 

32 minutes ago, mackem said:

I used to live there, where you considering? 

Iv been to a few Asian countries but the Philippines isn't one of them and I know little about it, cebu has been mentioned?

I don't want a touristy place tho?

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, dodger said:

Iv been to a few Asian countries but the Philippines isn't one of them and I know little about it, cebu has been mentioned?

I don't want a touristy place tho?

Cebu island as such is pretty crap, it's touristy. May I suggest flying Singapore Airlines into Davao,your not going to find tourists down there as the island (Mindanao) is a little wild in parts, terrorists and suchlike, but you can visit the eagle sanctuary, climb Mt Apo, go to a tiny paradise island 30 minutes from the city to visit a HUGE bat colony, there's perfect white sand and palm trees. You can go to camiguin which isn't really far, got volcanoes and hotsprings, far better than cebu. 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, mackem said:

Cebu island as such is pretty crap, it's touristy. May I suggest flying Singapore Airlines into Davao,your not going to find tourists down there as the island (Mindanao) is a little wild in parts, terrorists and suchlike, but you can visit the eagle sanctuary, climb Mt Apo, go to a tiny paradise island 30 minutes from the city to visit a HUGE bat colony, there's perfect white sand and palm trees. You can go to camiguin which isn't really far, got volcanoes and hotsprings, far better than cebu. 

That sounds really interesting thanks, I don't mind a few tourists just not looking for somewhere touristy like say bali..

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, dodger said:

That sounds really interesting thanks, I don't mind a few tourists just not looking for somewhere touristy like say bali..

Your not going to get as many tourists in the Philippines as say Thailand because it's a fragmented archipelago and a bit dangerous in parts, also not as geared up to tourism as Thailand and pinoy food is pretty crap. Try Myanmar or Indonesia maybe? 

2 hours ago, mackem said:

Your not going to get as many tourists in the Philippines as say Thailand because it's a fragmented archipelago and a bit dangerous in parts, also not as geared up to tourism as Thailand and pinoy food is pretty crap. Try Myanmar or Indonesia maybe? 

Myanmar is another iv always fancied mate, iv been to Indonesia n liked it but probably only dipped my toe with God knows how many islands are supposed to be there?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, dodger said:

Myanmar is another iv always fancied mate, iv been to Indonesia n liked it but probably only dipped my toe with God knows how many islands are supposed to be there?

Go to Myanmar,then you have the options of Thailand, Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam if you need a little variety. Philippines your locked in to be honest, but if your set on going gimme a shout and I will give you a few suggestions of decent beaches. post-1930-1201292675_thumb.jpgpost-1930-1201293064_thumb.jpg

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, mackem said:

Go to Myanmar,then you have the options of Thailand, Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam if you need a little variety. Philippines your locked in to be honest, but if your set on going gimme a shout and I will give you a few suggestions of decent beaches. post-1930-1201292675_thumb.jpgpost-1930-1201293064_thumb.jpg

Thanks mate much appreciated, is Myanmar safe to travel right now..

Are those photos the Philippines 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, dodger said:

Thanks mate much appreciated, is Myanmar safe to travel right now..

Are those photos the Philippines 

Yes mate, those pics are way down south in the Philippines. Yes, Myanmar is safe.