what was the last film you watched

On 01/06/2022 at 22:58, Ken's Deputy said:

The Crow.

Flix. Hour forty.

I struggled to put up with twenty five minutes of that shit. Made for fukking kids.

the crow haven’t seen it since a kid bruce lees lad killed on set i’ll try watching it now ? ?

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Did you both enjoy it?  Cheers, D.

just watching a programme about the 84-85 miners strike and theres my father large as life on the tele walking towards the camera, he's been dead over 30 yrs, fair shook me up in a good way, wasnt exp

Posted Images

Killing Eve. (Season 1)

Flix. Eight, forty minute episodes.

I Really fukking enjoyed this! :clapper:Great to see there really is more of it out there too!

Jodie Comer ~ I see that it is ~ the hit girl, is not only Very easy to look at. She also plays a fukking blinding part! Absolutely irresistible. In fact, there's some great characters throughout.

I personally found a lot of the incidental music a bit grating. Not my cup of tea at all. But, hey ho.

Yeah. Well worth a look at. Lively bit of entertainment :)

Went cinema and watched the new Top Gun last night, just me and the wife...

Obvious story line, hammy acting, ... but I really enjoyed it...bit of nostalgia with brilliant action thrown in...

Pistol

Disney +

Danny Boyles 'series' about Steve Jones and the band The Sex Pistols.

It's based on Jones's book Lonely Boy, Tales From A Sex Pistol and centres around Jones's character.

As someone who loves music and much preferred The Damned & The Clash and though I did go out and buy 'Never Mind...' and a few of the later crappy singles, I fancied this one to see how it would pan out under Boyles direction and I wasn't disappointed..!!

I found it nostalgic, funny, sad and just brilliant.

The cast is inspired, everyone nails it brilliantly, Anson Boon, who plays Lydon, has his voice and manner so good, as does Thomas Brodie, who plays MacLaren. The show stealer for me is Sydney Chandler, playing Chrissie Hynd, just delightful.

Keep an eye out for Maisie Williams (Aria Stark in GoT) playing Pamela Rook (Jordan) and Elon Musk's Mrs playing Viv Westwood....

It gives total perspective of five nieve working class kids being caught up in the moment, and that moment never being what anyone of them really wanted but that moment shook the world..!

Lydon's had a moan about it but when does he ever stop moaning? It's not him but Jones who gets centre stage, as its his book, so Lydon was never consulted by Boyle or his team. (Anyway, the only rant he ever had that was worth listening to was when he 'outed' Jimmy Saville and no one was listening then...)

Jones the Artful Dodger, to McLarens Fagin, or should that be puppet to master? Lydon the only 'real punk'. Matlock the outsider and Cook just a drummer. Then there's poor, sad Sid, and his five minutes of mindless fame....

But it's all about Chrissie for me ?

I loved it, give it a go... 9/10

4 hours ago, Bosun11 said:

Pistol

Disney +

Danny Boyles 'series' about Steve Jones and the band The Sex Pistols.

It's based on Jones's book Lonely Boy, Tales From A Sex Pistol and centres around Jones's character.

As someone who loves music and much preferred The Damned & The Clash and though I did by 'Never Mind...' and a few later crappy singles, I fancied this one to see how it would pan out under Boyles direction and I wasn't disappointed..!!

I found it nostalgic, funny, sad and just brilliant.

The cast is inspired, everyone nails it brilliantly, Anson Boon, who plays Lydon, has his voice and manner so good, as does Thomas Brodie, who plays MacLaren. The show stealer for me is Sydney Chandler, playing Chrissie Hynd, just delightful.

Keep an eye out for Maisie Williams (Aria Stark in GoT) playing Pamela Rook (Jordan) and Elon Musk's Mrs playing Viv Westwood....

It gives total perspective of five nieve working class kids being caught up in the moment, and that moment never being what anyone of them really wanted but that moment shook the world..!

Lydon's had a moan about it but when does he ever stop moaning? It's not him but Jones who gets centre stage, as its his book, so Lydon was never consulted by Boyle or his team. (Anyway, the only rant he ever had that was worth listening to was when he 'outed' Jimmy Saville and no one was listening then...)

Jones the Artful Dodger, to McLarens Fagin, or should that be puppet to master? Lydon the only 'real punk'. Matlock the outsider and Cook just a drummer. Then there's poor, sad Sid, and his five minutes of mindless fame....

But it's all about Chrissie for me ?

I loved it, give it a go... 9/10

3 episodes in and loving it mate... I read Lonely Boy a little while back and have been looking forward to this series a lot..

Can't add anything to what you've put, agreed on Chrissie... she is worth the watch alone..lol

The punk scene is a bit before my time, born 76 but as with any music and "scenes" I try and listen and love the impact it has on people, society, and obviously music.... Danny Boyle rarely disappoints so this is a well worth a watch!

• Thanks 1
8 hours ago, NEWKID said:

Went cinema and watched the new Top Gun last night, just me and the wife...

Obvious story line, hammy acting, ... but I really enjoyed it...bit of nostalgia with brilliant action thrown in...

Ditto Monday 8/10; ending was too predictible, 

Cheers, D.

• Like 1

Endangered Species.

Flix. Hour twenty.

At five minutes, I started seriously suspecting this was a Bad idea. I stood another ten, by which time I was almost physically throwing up! Fukk Me!!!

Remember, lads; I look at this sort of shit so You don't have to waste valuable minutes of ye lives.

13 minutes ago, Ken's Deputy said:

The Craigslist Killer.

Flix. Hour twenty.

So, so ?

Her mum was nice though :spiteful:

I saw this, based on a true story, it wasn't bad ?

Two Summers.

Flix. Forty five minute episodes. Belgian.

I lasted one and fifteen minutes of the next. Gave up.

I'm not saying it was a bad programme. I'm just not that good at these things where we're dealing with a set of people now, one minute. Then, the next, we're supposed to work out who's who amongst their thirty years earlier selves.

That. The fact that No One was attractive. Foreign language with sub ..... Nope. Sorry ?

A Cure For Wellness.

Amazon. Two twenty.

Seen it before. Started watching, to check. Stayed with it out of curiosity.

It's an hour too long. No idea what they could cut. It's just a bit too long winded about getting where it's going. And that isn't far ?

31 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Just booked some tickets to go watch the new Jurassic World Film with the kids this evening ?

Admit it, you are using the kids as an excuse. You really want to see it yourself.??