what was the last film you watched

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Did you both enjoy it?  Cheers, D.

American Gangster. Netflix, 2 hours 30 mins. Can't believe I've never seen it before! Based on a true story of how a black dude (Denzil Washington) imports drugs from Asia during the Vietnam

Posted Images

On 27/02/2022 at 21:04, Gypsydog94 said:

Peaky blinders on now ??

The casting is really good as a rule but I just can’t take that Micheal and his yank wife characters seriously ! Lol…….worst bit of casting in the whole thing.

1 hour ago, WILF said:

The casting is really good as a rule but I just can’t take that Micheal and his yank wife characters seriously ! Lol…….worst bit of casting in the whole thing.

My Mrs said the same about the wife, she really likes her as an actress but said she can't buy into her at all in Peaky Blinders...I've got to agree, weak..

• Like 1
58 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

I’m same I really enjoyed that, thought Brad Pitt played a blinder  but that christoph waltz took it to next level, that guy played some part ?

Best "baddie" ever!! Lol

My lad watched it round a mates the other night, came home like he had discovered it..lol

I said it was one of my faves as well, he thought it was brilliant....made me want to watch it again... clever and funny, some proper nervy scenes...love it 

1 hour ago, W. Katchum said:

I’m same I really enjoyed that, thought Brad Pitt played a blinder  but that christoph waltz took it to next level, that guy played some part ?

read somewhere the film was not going to be made untill mr waltz came to the party.the director had almost given up on someone good enough to play the part

Vikings - Valhalla.

Flix. Series.

Pretty much what would be expected. Wilf and Gnash will, of course, particularly relish the place ruled by a black woman (This is somewhere in viking land, mind)

The 'citizens' are white. But, her right hand women are black. And her 'army' consists of women who fight men. Because, every female athlete knows every women is just as good as a 'new woman' with a cock, when they turn up and start competing.

I mean, fukking seriously!

Stop.jpg.098d646a2fd1bd7188d32497482fe6bb.jpg

• Haha 1

The Batman. 

Yes , just yes

you will have to allow me to go full Barry Norman mode here as I really like films and some of the points might sound glib. 

You have to make allowances for superhero movies and the cycle of blockbusters vs more anti hero movies in this genre , but for me , this was the best film I’ve seen if this type by quite some way for a long time . Imagine a superhero movie comprising parts of seven , 8mm blade and heat and you kinda meet half way there . 

i quite like Ben affleck as  Batman and he plays that quiet rage filed smartarse well . I like how he looks like he could actually hurt people as Batman and I was conscious of Robert Pattinson  as being a crime fighting brawler . 

f**k me it’s class from the first minute time he appears from the shadows . He’s like full Robert smith from the cure weird vibe , he’s dirty , trampy lean and a million times more real than any one else in the mask and cowl . 
The Tracey island esque entrances the billions of tech is all gone , it’s stripped back and real time . There is an air of whole American gothic , a sense of rennie mackintosh grandeur which has withered and rotten throughout . It’s not the dark world of Scorsese’s joker , but it’s all ruined stately homes , children of the night , even the bat mobile looks like something your rich uncle could have . I genuinely laughed out loud as he’s not po faced throughout and Spanks in quite hard in one of the films few overly stunty moments . In fact I quite like how real the action is , you have to make allowances bearing in mind , he’s f***ing Batman but by and by he’s just a tough geezer in a mask with some toys . He’s not carrying out full backflips in mid air mode . He’s getting hurt most of the time . 

Supoorting him, the girl playing cat woman, the daughter of Lenny  kravitz and Lisa bonet is exactly the right edge of council estate club girl / dominatrix it’s not hammy or over bearing , it’s just right that she’s a ying yang to him. 
 The one down side is the dialogue is awful and there are some terrible lines , but again remembering the context and subject you can forgive that. 

the film is beautifully filmed  but two parts stuck out for me , a cut away scene in the hospital with Bruce Wayne by Alfreds bed , you can almost smell the disinfectant and the grimy windows of the once proud building gone to faded prima Donna status , it’s just lovely to look at and the final scene ( filmed in uk I would say ) where as Batman , he parts ways from a ride in the cemetery with cat woman on her bike . It’s lovely coloured , with a scenic route and a symbol of the death of their relationship , emerging once more into Gotham and parting ways .very I could have had this life , but now I’m off to work , surprisingly moving . 

All throughout underpinned by the haunting opening refrain of “something in the way “ by nirvana. Amazingly apt . 

I don’t give out tens , but a very easy 9 for me . 

really really enjoyed it . ????

Edited by THE STIFFMEISTER
Pattinson not Patterson ?
  • Like 4