what was the last film you watched

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Did you both enjoy it?  Cheers, D.

American Gangster. Netflix, 2 hours 30 mins. Can't believe I've never seen it before! Based on a true story of how a black dude (Denzil Washington) imports drugs from Asia during the Vietnam

Posted Images

Just watched The Italian Job remake for 1st time. Had not intended to but having a really lazy afternoon and it had just started when I put the tele on. Stayed with it mainly because I knew that it had Mini Coopers and I have recently bought one and have become a little obsessed with them and Charlize Theron is in it, who must be one the prettiest women on the planet.

A very enjoyable film in a put your brain in neutral and enjoy the moving pictures kind of way. I may now go and play with my own Mini Cooper S. Wish I could say the same thing about Charlize.

Watched The Last Duel at the pics with the Mrs couple of weeks back, enjoyed it... medieval kights, sword fighting type thing... based on a true story and Jodie Comer was brilliant in it...

• Like 2

" Good Morning, Veronica ".

Flix. 8 x 45.

Brazilian cop thing. 'Veronica' is fukking Smoking! That never hurts.

Ironically, the story revolves around Real abuse of women. The sort of shit that'll make a mans piss boil and shows all this 'me too' shit for what it is.

All in all? Not a bad watch. I'd seen it before and enjoyed it again this time around :)

Safe, Netflix, 1 hour 30 mins.

Jason Statham as a down and out cage fighter being pursued by the Triads, the Russians and corrupt police whilst trying to protect a little girl with important information.

Plenty of action and I quite enjoyed it, not a great film but a decent romp  7/10

Cheers, D.

• Like 1

" True Story ".

Prime. Hour 'n half.

At last! One well and truly worth watching :) Based on a true story too ~ Bloke accused of wiping out his wife and kiddies ~ making it even more soul crushing.

As an aside? Wait till Jill visits him. We get a close up of her eyes ....! O M F G! Probably the most stunning eyes in the history of cinema? :icon_redface:

Good film though. Well worth the popcorn.

Man On Fire Netflix 2 hours 20 mins 

Denzel as an ex SF bodyguard pursuing the kidnappers who took the child he was protecting.

Only spoilt by the flashing imagery, can't believe I've never seen it before ? 8/10 

Cheers, D.

• Like 1

^^^ One of my all time favourite films! :D

That " Flashing imagery ", during the kidnap attempt, is haled as one of the greatest tricks of cinematic photography ever.

It was done with a turntable and emulates the sensory overload of the moment. His Zanshin going into mack 10 overdrive as he perceives the threats coming in from every angle. It's fukking brilliant! :boogy:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
9 hours ago, dytkos said:

Man On Fire Netflix 2 hours 20 mins 

Denzel as an ex SF bodyguard pursuing the kidnappers who took the child he was protecting.

Only spoilt by the flashing imagery, can't believe I've never seen it before ? 8/10 

Cheers, D.

1 hour ago, Ken's Deputy said:

^^^ One of my all time favourite films! :D

That " Flashing imagery ", during the kidnap attempt, is haled as one of the greatest tricks of cinematic photography ever.

It was done with a turntable and emulates the sensory overload of the moment. His Zanshin going into mack 10 overdrive as he perceives the threats coming in from every angle. It's fukking brilliant! :boogy:

Brilliant film!

• Like 1