what was the last film you watched

The Last Samurari , just happened to be on the TV when I turned it on, about 20 minutes in and ended up staying until the end. Seen it before.

I do not like Tom Cruise. Something abut him, too smug, too flash, teeth too white, and not a great actor. But, thinking about it, I have always enjoyed every film that I have watched that he has been in. So he is probably a decent actor and a good film star.

Part of the reason that I watched the Last Samurari again is because Timothy Spall is in it. I have never not enjoyed anything he has appeared in. Ever since 1st seen in Auf Wiedersehen Pet   when he portrayed the legend that was Barry the Brummie sparkOnly criticism on AWP, the Barry character should not have been an electrician, sparks tend to be cool, Barry should have been a plumber or a joiner, possibly ceiling fixer.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Did you both enjoy it?  Cheers, D.

American Gangster. Netflix, 2 hours 30 mins. Can't believe I've never seen it before! Based on a true story of how a black dude (Denzil Washington) imports drugs from Asia during the Vietnam

Posted Images

On 27/09/2022 at 13:02, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

It’s f***ing Grim watching 

struggled with a few scenes ti be honest 

really well made and acted to be fair though , standard for the makers who have ahs on their resume . To be augmented by the release of the dahmer tape interviews this week in flix 

I think there is a fine line between telling the story of people who in reality should be forgotten and glamourising them……..way too gratuitous for me and I switched off halfway through episode 3.

Mindhunter was a way better series and did dealing with monsters much better. 

• Like 1
On 28/09/2022 at 22:44, Daniel cain said:

Lou..... Netflix's...a bit like the equaliser but with a old bird like your Nana instead of Denzil? 7/10?

Just watched that over 3 sittings. Werent bad, aul Lou wouldve been a hotty in the day I reckon.

• Haha 1
11 hours ago, eastcoast said:

The Last Samurari , just happened to be on the TV when I turned it on, about 20 minutes in and ended up staying until the end. Seen it before.

I do not like Tom Cruise.

Apart from my boxed sets, I have about a dozen or so films on my shelf. (Rest are all stashed away in purpose made holdalls. Stored) These are the ones I might reach for, if you turned up here for a lads night in

Obviously then, given the context, " The Last Samurai " happens to be there. Strange choice, I often think myself. But then, I don't not like Cruise. I ignore self styled 'influencers' and see for myself. This is the best role I've ever seen him in. Not that I've seen him in much.

It's not him though. I like the whole Samurai thing. The old Japanese culture and mind set fascinates me.

But; Ken Watanabe ? :D /thread!

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Ken's Deputy said:

Apart from my boxed sets, I have about a dozen or so films on my shelf. (Rest are all stashed away in purpose made holdalls. Stored) These are the ones I might reach for, if you turned up here for a lads night in

Obviously then, given the context, " The Last Samurai " happens to be there. Strange choice, I often think myself. But then, I don't not like Cruise. I ignore self styled 'influencers' and see for myself. This is the best role I've ever seen him in. Not that I've seen him in much.

It's not him though. I like the whole Samurai thing. The old Japanese culture and mind set fascinates me.

But; Ken Watanabe ? :D /thread!

Kurosawa knew how to make a film. Just got into his stuff. The Seven Samurai is my favourite.

• Like 2
9 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

Bullet train, what a lot a shite

an then i watched a bit of that film Bandit, with Mel Gibson an that was better I’ll watch the rest of it tonight or summat 

Bullet train was a couple of hours decent entertainment you miserable twat ? 

Cheers, D.

Dahmer.

Flix. 10 episodes @ c. 60 mins.

Very good version of events, from what I know of the case ~ which was never one which gripped me. But, fair do's for keeping me contentedly entertained for as long as it did.

I thought the guy in the title role was excellent in his portrayal. Very convincing. All the acting, and overall production, was good.

Fascinating parallels  with our own Nielson! Made me think though; Who the Fukk walks through a door. Smells rotting flesh. And accepts Any sort of excuse / explanation from the complete fukking stranger who's just brought ye there ~ never mind a fukking Drink!?!

10 hours ago, jukel123 said:

Kurosawa knew how to make a film. Just got into his stuff. The Seven Samurai is my favourite.

Yeppers. Tosihro Mifune was, undoubtedly, the best Japanese actor to have ever lived. Kurosawa basically made the Original, that others could then copy :yes:

Saying that? To this day I could quote ye chapter and verse from " Shogun Assassin " :D Just fukking delicious!

• Like 1

Butchers of the Bayou.

Amazon Prime. 4 x 45.

So much like a typical flix effort, I can't honestly believe it wasn't one of 'theirs' (Or who ever makes these) Good one though. Maybe because I'd never heard of the cases before?

Dumbed down enough that even the most delicate could find next to no squeam in it.

All in all? Not a Bad evenings viewing.

bloodthirsty,not a bad film with some nice special effects towards the end.about a girl who has bad dreams about turning into an animal but is it just in her head ?. would give it 8 out of 10 just for being not your usual hollywood big bang and crash type of film.