what was the last film you watched

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Did you both enjoy it?  Cheers, D.

just watching a programme about the 84-85 miners strike and theres my father large as life on the tele walking towards the camera, he's been dead over 30 yrs, fair shook me up in a good way, wasnt exp

Posted Images

On 27/04/2022 at 23:20, Bosun11 said:

Calm With Horses

Film4

I post here when a film has genuinely stirred me, and this one really did...

The story of Arm, an ex boxer and now an enforcer, for a criminal family in rural Ireland. Trying to provide and be a father for his autistic son and with his ex still in his heart. A film about divided loyalty.

It's stark, gritty, poignant and a compelling watch.

With the lead played by Cosmo Jarvis, an American actor, who is superb in the part, though for me Barry Keoghan, who plays the menacing Dymphna, steals the show.

It's the Director Nick Roland's debut film and he cinematoghraphy is fantastic, with a stella cast and best of all, the director goes for the real story, before the Hollywood blockbuster ending....

Blew me away...

8.5/10

Watched it when it came out, cracking film. Another film I really enjoyed was Tresspass Against Us , about a traveller family. Brendan Gleeson and Michael Fassbender play blinding roles in it. I've also watched a couple of YouTube documentaries on the family in the film as it was based on a true story. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Leo Sayer said:

Another film I really enjoyed was Tresspass Against Us , about a traveller family. Brendan Gleeson and Michael Fassbender play blinding roles in it. I've also watched a couple of YouTube documentaries on the family in the film as it was based on a true story. 

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Leo Sayer said:

That's the one, the Johnson's.  You wouldn't want them at the end of your garden lol 

I would have nicked their caravans, I have form ?

• Haha 2

American Assassin:  Netflix, 1 hour 50 mins.

Man sees fiance killed by terrorists so joins the CIA to kill terrorists.

Fast paced action thriller.  Decent. 7/10

Cheers, D.

1 hour ago, Astanley said:

A series of unfortunate events

Christ, that rings a hell of a bell, Stan! Something tells me ye dead right. Though I honestly can't remember even the least trace of what the hell it was about!

Not something brand new, is it? My mind playing tricks on me?

No I think it's a few years old mate ,there is a film ,which I had to watch which I enjoyed ,then a tv series which kept me happy all week ,and I got a running commentary from a 9 yr old ,which lent it a whole new perspective .