what was the last film you watched

Take Me.

Flix. Hour twenty.

I started by challenging myself to keep watching it. In five minute increments. Anna  ~ who's actually a lot nicer than her work photo makes her look ~ sort of drew me in.

More 'dead pan' than anything even approaching 'comedy'. Borderline 'silly'. But, yeah, Anna's pretty. It killed a slow hour.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Did you both enjoy it?  Cheers, D.

just watching a programme about the 84-85 miners strike and theres my father large as life on the tele walking towards the camera, he's been dead over 30 yrs, fair shook me up in a good way, wasnt exp

Posted Images

23 minutes ago, Ken's Deputy said:

A Fist Full Of Lead.

Flix. Hour 25.

Jesus Fukking Christ!!! I spent thirty five minutes trying to fathom if it was some sort of spoof, or what.

If the big cat thread was a film .....

?

The Utah Cabin Murders.

Flix. Hour something.

'18'. Said to be British.

Excuse this, but; I don't know what's going on any more. This was just like last nights. That was billed as British too. This was ~ I can best explain it ~ like one of those spoofs about terrible, 70's Indian soap operas.

Ye know, where people go completely over the top on the facial expressions and reactions. Walk like they're swinging lead boots. Cast their eyes down and nod, sagely, as they digest the enormous weight of import of someone having just commented, in passing, on the fukking weather.

It even featured a long, drawn out and quite detailed monologue about the corruption in the modern day, small town church. All delivered on a studio prop balcony. Backed by a vista scenery untouched by a breath of wind.

The acting ..... There was none! No kunt in it could 'Act'. I could go on. But, I just don't know what to say!  I stood Thirty fukking Minutes of this shit. Just to confirm it really Was this shit. It was!!!

In the end, I just jumped it randomly forward a few times. Hoping to at least hit on a chainsaw massacre. But, no. There was none. In fact, the same fukking people appeared to have been inb it. Alive and well. Till the bitter end.

I'm Very seriously thinking of just dropping my sub now. Well over 90% of what they offer now is beyond utter fukking garbage. Most of it's alphabet sex freaks, or naked kids. I'm just sick of it.

I genuinely actually spend more of my on time time now watching random stuff on the chube.

Need a good film? I have my DVD collection.

On 15/04/2022 at 17:40, stonewall said:

half way through the movie there is a camp site scene,where the traveller men are heading off hunting with lurchers and shotguns,the bitch below was used in the movie as a prop,it was shot in southern ireland. not a bad movie to be fair it got a score of 87 on rotten tomatoes. 

IMG_2251.JPG

On 15/04/2022 at 01:02, Ken's Deputy said:

Joker.

Flix. Two hours.

Seen it before. Fukkin Love this film! :D Just something about it.

Phoenix plays a fukking belter, of course. Then, there's the contrasts. The colours. The creeping escalation of the all out insanity.

Just outstanding :yes:

Netflix, 2 hours.  Watched it last night. Very good  8/10

Cheers, D.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Daniel cain said:

Just started season 2 of The Last Kingdom on flicks ?

I found that quite the guilty pleasure, Dan! :yes: His attempt at an accent, all of his own, is a bit ridiculous. But, never mind that.

Then, there's things like Aethelflaed and her eyes!!! :wub:

I'd say it just shouldn't be compared to Vikings. Or GOT. It's neither. It's TLK. And it's really pretty bloody good at what it is, isn't it? :D

2 hours ago, Ken's Deputy said:

I found that quite the guilty pleasure, Dan! :yes: His attempt at an accent, all of his own, is a bit ridiculous. But, never mind that.

Then, there's things like Aethelflaed and her eyes!!! :wub:

I'd say it just shouldn't be compared to Vikings. Or GOT. It's neither. It's TLK. And it's really pretty bloody good at what it is, isn't it? :D

Watched Vikings when it first came out,that was decent,never watched game of thrones Ken,I'm enjoying it so far?

On 08/02/2022 at 06:34, W. Katchum said:

Reacher, on prime 

couple in and it’s a lot more like the book than imagined, worth a watch, I’ll stick with it an see it out, hopefully it carries on this good ? 

Just started watching this "100,000 years ago there were people who stayed by the flame, and those who wandered, I am pretty sure I am a direct descendent of those who wandered" I like that, it's an easy series to watch ?

• Like 2
On 21/04/2022 at 04:27, dytkos said:

Another decent comedy series, strangely enough has Jack Whitehall in it again, Fresh Meat on Netflix, several series of 6 or so half hour episodes.  It's a grower ?

Cheers, D.

He should piss me off with being a posh Southern twat but I enjoyed fresh meat and bad education. 

• Like 2

Calm With Horses

Film4

I post here when a film has genuinely stirred me, and this one really did...

The story of Arm, an ex boxer and now an enforcer, for a criminal family in rural Ireland. Trying to provide and be a father for his autistic son and with his ex still in his heart. A film about divided loyalty.

It's stark, gritty, poignant and a compelling watch.

With the lead played by Cosmo Jarvis, an American actor, who is superb in the part, though for me Barry Keoghan, who plays the menacing Dymphna, steals the show.

It's the Director Nick Roland's debut film and he cinematoghraphy is fantastic, with a stella cast and best of all, the director goes for the real story, before the Hollywood blockbuster ending....

Blew me away...

8.5/10

16 minutes ago, Bosun11 said:

Calm With Horses

Film4

I post here when a film has genuinely stirred me, and this one really did...

The story of Arm, an ex boxer and now an enforcer, for a criminal family in rural Ireland. Trying to provide and be a father for his autistic son and with his ex still in his heart. A film about divided loyalty.

It's stark, gritty, poignant and a compelling watch.

With the lead played by Cosmo Jarvis, an American actor, who is superb in the part, though for me Barry Keoghan, who plays the menacing Dymphna, steals the show.

It's the Director Nick Roland's debut film and he cinematoghraphy is fantastic, with a stella cast and best of all, the director goes for the real story, before the Hollywood blockbuster ending....

Blew me away...

8.5/10

I enjoyed it, a little bit different ?