what was the last film you watched

2 hours ago, Bosun11 said:

The Dig

Film - Netflix

A charming, beautifully filmed and interesting story of the dig at Sutton Hoo just before the start of WW2.

A fantastic all British cast, with Ralph Fiennes as Basil Brown, the 'excavator' and finder of the horde. His understated acting in this role is superbe.

I'm sure most will find it pretty boring but i really enjoyed it.

8/10

I fancied that and I think I will watch it now.

Have you ever been there mate ?……it’s well worth it if you are ever venturing down that way.

I have been a couple of times and I’d happily go again.

• Like 1

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Did you both enjoy it?  Cheers, D.

just watching a programme about the 84-85 miners strike and theres my father large as life on the tele walking towards the camera, he's been dead over 30 yrs, fair shook me up in a good way, wasnt exp

Posted Images

21 hours ago, WILF said:

I fancied that and I think I will watch it now.

Have you ever been there mate ?……it’s well worth it if you are ever venturing down that way.

I have been a couple of times and I’d happily go again.

No mate, never been but love anything like that, so if i get the opportunity i'd jump at it. I find stuff like that facinating.

The film shows the estate and surrounding areas to be a beautiful part of the country too.

9 minutes ago, Bosun11 said:

No mate, never been but love anything like that, so if i get the opportunity i'd jump at it. I find stuff like that facinating.

The film shows the estate and surrounding areas to be a beautiful part of the country too.

My Niece is on her first placement since Uni, she studied Archeology and ancient history, she's now based in Nottingham and either on digs or sorting all artifacts that are returned (identifying, dating etc)... I love yapping with her, they found a skull dated to roman times recently, loads of roman pottery etc... love the amount of history we have buried all around us, what a job to un earth it and then have the knowledge to trace it back...

I've not watched this film yet, its on the list...

• Like 3
50 minutes ago, Bosun11 said:

It’s lovely mate, sounds a bit twee but walking round you actually picture our ancestors walking around the place and imagine it.

Its pretty bloody cool, nice little town there as well and a butcher that does the best sausage rolls in the entire world !

Well worth a couple of days away.

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

My Niece is on her first placement since Uni, she studied Archeology and ancient history, she's now based in Nottingham and either on digs or sorting all artifacts that are returned (identifying, dating etc)... I love yapping with her, they found a skull dated to roman times recently, loads of roman pottery etc... love the amount of history we have buried all around us, what a job to un earth it and then have the knowledge to trace it back...

I've not watched this film yet, its on the list...

Must be a real buzz unearthing these artifacts. I visited the Viking place at York on Saturday and found it interesting tbh.

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, mackem said:

14 peaks ? watch this, the drone footage is superb, the story is incredible, the guy is a machine, inspirational for anyone who loves wild places ?

The first peak is annapurna,he takes the helo flight up through a valley I have hiked up a few times to get to base-camp. 

IMG_20211130_123245.jpg

IMG_20211130_123105.jpg

• Like 4

“Atypical” 

Lastest season of this, I love it.

Probably wouldn’t mean much to anyone with no experience of Autism but if you have then you will recognise every single thing in this series.

And it’s a pretty life affirming watch.