what was the last film you watched

" The Last Stand ".

Prime. Two hours. Russian war film.

Never a dull moment, truthfully. Had a story to tell and told it.

Refreshing change from the usual, septic; 'How we single handedly won the war and saved the limeys asses'. No square jawed, cigar butt clenching sergeants, machine gunning half the third reich while displaying strong, white teeth.

Something to do.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Did you both enjoy it?  Cheers, D.

just watching a programme about the 84-85 miners strike and theres my father large as life on the tele walking towards the camera, he's been dead over 30 yrs, fair shook me up in a good way, wasnt exp

Posted Images

9 hours ago, Astanley said:

I haven't been to the cinema for forty years ,went last week to watch ' The many saints of Newark '....what a fkn sensory overload ! even the foyer was full of screens with deafening loud shootouts and flickering ,flashing and fukin confusing lights ,clips and coming soons ,I couldn't work out how to pay for stuff ,where to go or what screen was what ,absolute nightmare and made me feel very old .

That's exactly how i was... What happened to the woman with the tray on a strap round her neck, selling Ki-Ora, ice cream tubs and Butterkist popcorn eh..!!

" Panic ".

Prime. 10 episodes. 45 a piece.

Enough fit teen's in cut off's to leave Andrew a mental wreck. For all that though; Really not so bad. Enough adult intervention to make it not quite 'scooby doo'.

If this had been a Wes Craven effort? I wouldn't have got past episode one. Safe enough High School type thing, with the slightest edge.

Alright.

" Joker ".

Prime. Two hours.

I enjoyed that! :)

Funny; I've seen so many stills, mentions and clips of So Many bloody 'Batman' films now, without ever having seen one, I really don't fancy any of it.

But, it said this was a stand alone; A story all of itself? It was.

Phoenix is good. Most enjoyable.

On 22/10/2021 at 18:11, Borr said:

Watched joker last night , good actor that phoenix guy , but not a great film...prime. felt like it was about to get going all the way through but never did...

That's what I liked about the film tbh, just had a great atmosphere to the movie IMO. 

I didn't think anybody could better Ledger but he's just as good if not better in that role. 

On 22/10/2021 at 00:34, Astanley said:

I haven't been to the cinema for forty years ,went last week to watch ' The many saints of Newark '....what a fkn sensory overload ! even the foyer was full of screens with deafening loud shootouts and flickering ,flashing and fukin confusing lights ,clips and coming soons ,I couldn't work out how to pay for stuff ,where to go or what screen was what ,absolute nightmare and made me feel very old .

I'm with you on that. Cannot stand cinemas, sticky seats, overpriced drinks and snacks, loud as feck and always some tw@t talking through the film. I'll just continue to watch them for free online ?