what was the last film you watched

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Did you both enjoy it?  Cheers, D.

just watching a programme about the 84-85 miners strike and theres my father large as life on the tele walking towards the camera, he's been dead over 30 yrs, fair shook me up in a good way, wasnt exp

Posted Images

9 hours ago, NEWKID said:

Watched that the other night D, with the cast i expected more tbh   

Bit wooden for me not bad but not great 

Read the reviews, it's a shocker lol but it passed 3 long, slow hours at work quite nicely.?

Cheers, D.

• Like 1

I cant believe folk have a downer about " Heat " its one of my favourite films,has everything in mu opinion....the cafe scene with DeNiro and Pacino is a classic conversation of honesty,commitment and mutual respect i think its brilliantly played....if im not wrong it was the first scene they ever played together....one of the few films ive watched more than twice.

• Like 6
1 hour ago, gnasher16 said:

I cant believe folk have a downer about " Heat " its one of my favourite films,has everything in mu opinion....the cafe scene with DeNiro and Pacino is a classic conversation of honesty,commitment and mutual respect i think its brilliantly played....if im not wrong it was the first scene they ever played together....one of the few films ive watched more than twice.

Shows how we all differ in opinions mate, its one I hadn't seen until the other night.. I expected a lot more, thought deniro was good but no way his best but didn't buy into pacino at all... 

On 12/10/2021 at 10:10, NEWKID said:

Watched that the other night D, with the cast i expected more tbh   

Bit wooden for me not bad but not great 

Mental 

On 12/10/2021 at 15:05, Bosun11 said:

Agreed... Seen it twice and it's never impressed. Average at best.

Even more mental 

come on boys , Jesus . it’s basically the greatest bank robbery film ever. 

that sequence for when they come out the bank and the gang and the cops pairs fire manoeuvre down the road is absolutely a game changer for action movies . 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

I used the character of Neil McCauley for a case study in leadership . I love the little scenes where he finds the wife of val Kilmer in a hotel , when he finds val Kilmer on the couch at his house and the part where they are all sat in the restaurant together . 

it may sound twee , I’m not an bank robber or a team captain  but I do like to think of myself as a good leader . And knowing your people inside out  is such an important thing . 

I love that perfectionist character flaw he has of not being able to let a loose end lie. It’s admirable in doses but when your past the problem with an 80% percent solution , does it matter ? 

great character from a great movie , de Niro’s best role imho 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
On 11/10/2021 at 11:06, Ken's Deputy said:

" Snatch ".

Flix. No further comment needed then! :boogy:

Suffice to say, I had a Double load of popcorn ready! :D

Do you know what nemesis means? 

A righteous infliction of retribution 

Manifested by an appropriate agent 

Personified in this case by an orrible cnut 

Me