what was the last film you watched

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Did you both enjoy it?  Cheers, D.

American Gangster. Netflix, 2 hours 30 mins. Can't believe I've never seen it before! Based on a true story of how a black dude (Denzil Washington) imports drugs from Asia during the Vietnam

Posted Images

On 30/07/2021 at 18:25, Bosun11 said:

Now i should of liked this film, my fave subject, fine actors etc BUT it was just the most depressing film ever...!

I read the book, harrowing tbh.

Cheers, D.

Lost Bullet. Netflix 1 hour 30mins. 

Ex con mechanic who's on parole beefing up the drug squads pursuit cars gets framed by a dirty cop who's part of the drug ring.

Decent fight scenes, watchable 6 and a 1/2 out of 10.

Cheers, D.

• Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, dytkos said:

Lost Bullet.

That pinged (can I get away with that?) my radar, last night.

Instead, I've started on this " From Dusk Till Dawn " series.

Think I've got to about episode Six, so far?  Forty minutes an episode, it seems to have my attention ?

• Like 1

" From Dusk Till Dawn ".

Flix. First season. 10 episodes at 45 mins. Two more seasons to go.

Dunno. It was entertaining.

The 'leading lady', Eiza Gonzalez has the looks and body that could make a fan of Victoria's Secrets cry :icon_eek: Chocolate box isn't my cup of tea. But, I can see why a lot of guys might watch it pretty much for her alone.

Two more seasons? We'll see. But, I'll most definitely be watching a Lot else, before I consider investing in season two.

" A Classic Horror Story ".

Flix. Hour and half.

I watched it in half that. By dint of constantly clicking the ten seconds forward button, to skip through the endless, long, drawn out crap. Looking for shorter crap.

Jesus Fukking Christ!!! Total and utter Shit!

On 02/08/2021 at 03:26, Ken's Deputy said:

" From Dusk Till Dawn ".

Flix. First season. 10 episodes at 45 mins. Two more seasons to go.

Dunno. It was entertaining.

The 'leading lady', Eiza Gonzalez has the looks and body that could make a fan of Victoria's Secrets cry :icon_eek: Chocolate box isn't my cup of tea. But, I can see why a lot of guys might watch it pretty much for her alone.

Two more seasons? We'll see. But, I'll most definitely be watching a Lot else, before I consider investing in season two.

yeah she is very easy on the eye.yet another series that was too drawn out.did watch it all through though to see how it ended.

• Like 1

Blood Red Sky on Netflix... watch it in German with subs. It's mixed between English and German, so it's not all reading subs.

I liked it, thought it was gonna be shit, it wasn't. Storyline makes your eyes roll but they did a pretty good job of it tbh.

On 26/07/2021 at 22:40, jigsaw said:

Did anyone watch,NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN?.....I just watched it and the ending was a right dissapointment.....or have I missed the point of it....2 hrs and I end up with WTF ????any of you watch it ?

That film has pissed me off no end. I've watched it a couple of times thinking maybe I missed something etc. Nah! The ending is wank!

• Like 2
On 04/08/2021 at 23:43, Ken's Deputy said:

" The Heart Of The Sea ".

Prime. Two hours.

Bloody enjoyed this! :) Basically, a reworking of Moby Dick. It 'portrays the events on which the book was based'.

Cillian Murphy. Brenden Gleeson. Fiona, from the shop in town. What's not to like? :D

That sounds decent... ?

On 26/07/2021 at 21:40, jigsaw said:

Did anyone watch,NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN?.....I just watched it and the ending was a right dissapointment.....or have I missed the point of it....2 hrs and I end up with WTF ????any of you watch it ?

The cinemaphotoghraphy, the acting etc are all top draw BUT the plot gets weaker as the film goes on...

Theres a few films like that, not that i can think of one as i write this BUT they are somehow sold to the film companys as if its cool to have a crappy ending... Well in my book it's not..!

Brought up in the 70's with a head full of westerns and a good smattering of those old films with Cagney, Grant or Gene Kelly. The films i grew up with and loved all had an ending, usually a decent ending at that.

When John Wayne, in the Searchers turns away from the homestead door and walks away, with the fecking coolest walk in film, he's done his job, been the tough but flawed good guy we can all relate too and theres an ending to the film. Then theres the hero(s) die endings, Butch & Sundance , Cool Hand Luke and more recently Fury etc, the whole storyline leads up to that, you know theres no way out but your hooked...

Just my take on it, films try too hard sometimes...