what was the last film you watched

I watched last blood last night as well , it was f***ing awful . 

At least with the rocky balboa final you got a sense of aging and finality , in Rambo , I just couldn’t watch it anymore , very by numbers , think the penultimate Rambo was better as a last act imho 

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Did you both enjoy it?  Cheers, D.

American Gangster. Netflix, 2 hours 30 mins. Can't believe I've never seen it before! Based on a true story of how a black dude (Denzil Washington) imports drugs from Asia during the Vietnam

Posted Images

1 hour ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

I watched last blood last night as well , it was f***ing awful . 

At least with the rocky balboa final you got a sense of aging and finality , in Rambo , I just couldn’t watch it anymore , very by numbers , think the penultimate Rambo was better as a last act imho 

You could say that about every Rambo film after the first brother.

Imho the first film is a genuinely good film and Stallones monologue at the end in the sheriffs station is a cracking film moment......it was a great bit of acting by Stallone I think. 

That said, it’s not like you’re not going to not watch any Rambo film......it’s like Top Gun, The Glimmer Man, Road House.........80s indulgence for lads ! 

• Like 2
5 hours ago, TOMO said:

i know ive mentioned this film twice i think now...

Hostiles ....with christian bale.....i think its up there as one of the best films ive ever watched...and bale was brilliant in it...

for those that havent seen my other posts about it ...do yourselfs a favour and watch this one it really is a cracker

Seen it before, Tomo. But, with you banging on about it. It being on Netflix. And me being at a loose end .....

I think it fair to say that I'm personally in a " Vulnerable  condition of mind ", right now. Medically. But, either way; Fukk me! I was in shreds, start to finish! What A Fukking Film!

Yeah: 'If Carlsberg made films ...'

• Like 1

I've been watching more series than films lately on Netflix.........

I watched the first 2 episodes of Gotham last night - it's a backstory to Batman. So far, it looks pretty decent.  It's tying in well.

........ I think Sean Pertwee is going to be an excellent casting choice for Arthur :thumbs:

Recently finished watching SWAT (the series, not the film) - it was ok, I've seen a lot worse.

.......... it was very 'Hoo Ra' American and, had a few political messages thrown in the later episodes.

I tried to watch Spotless - I got about 15 minutes into the first episode and ditched it because it was shite.

Although the cover graphic for it has a Union Jack flag and, it's filmed in English, it's made like some shite French/European cinema type car crash, complete with their crap style of humour - probably produced by a frog (I really can't be arsed to waste time finding out) :thumbdown:

• Thanks 1

Just finished watching the series “Mare of East Town”.......absolutely brilliant ! 
If it was a movie Kate Winslett would be a sure fire bet for an Oscar.

12 minutes ago, Ken's Deputy said:

How'd you get hold of that, Wilf? I see it's HBO. (I like a bit of Kate :))

Was just on sky KD 

• Thanks 1
6 hours ago, WILF said:

Just finished watching the series “Mare of East Town”.......absolutely brilliant ! 
If it was a movie Kate Winslett would be a sure fire bet for an Oscar.

Started that the other night and promptly fell asleep, the Mrs enjoyed the first episode as I snored away! Lol

17 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Started that the other night and promptly fell asleep, the Mrs enjoyed the first episode as I snored away! Lol

It’s worth persevering  mate, push through the first, watch the second and you will be away ?

Edited by WILF