what was the last film you watched

I watched a new offering on Netflix... the Mauritanian, It was a well acted and a well directed film which I enjoyed . I don’t want to spoil it and mention the plot but , there is a possible thread that could come out of it . Another thing to it’s credit it didn’t decide to cast masses of black actors . I’ve got nothing against casting people of colour if it’s true to the plot and reprentative of the demographic of the period and area . I wonder how long we will be force fed a diet of black actors ? I for one won’t watch films which I believe are doing this . I think there are some great black actors out there in brilliant roles , Densil Washington, Samuel L Jackson etc , they don’t need to do what they are doing . 

• Like 2

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Did you both enjoy it?  Cheers, D.

just watching a programme about the 84-85 miners strike and theres my father large as life on the tele walking towards the camera, he's been dead over 30 yrs, fair shook me up in a good way, wasnt exp

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, steve66 said:

Watched Ammonite with kate winslet last night turned out to be a soppy boring lesbo love story  than to do with marry annings fosil finding ?

Yes but did she get her minge out ? She usually does .

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, shovel leaner said:

I think there are some great black actors out there in brilliant roles , Densil Washington, Samuel L Jackson etc , they don’t need to do what they are doing .

I'll have a look at this Mauritanian, when I get time. Thanks :)

Meanwhile; Denzel Washington is absolutely, unreservedly one of my Top favourite actors of all time! Quite possibly even simply The Best! " Man On Fire " is definitely a Top Five film of mine too. Fukking Staggeringly Good film!

Washington's also the absolute fukking nemesis of any CNN 'reporter', out for a sound bite about the 'Struggle of the Oppressed and Down Trodden Black People'!

His typical response to all that shit would basically be like; 'I've never been oppressed or down trodden! My Father brought me up to work hard for what I wanted.' :clapper:

He's Very big into challenging that stable Fathers make decent black men. I fukkin Love the guy! :D

Morgan Freeman / God? " I'm not a ''Black American.' I'm an American!!! " :notworthy: Fukkin Love these people!

SLJ? Meh ..... As a lefty luvvy and an actor.

Kate's minge? God, Yeah!!! :yes:

• Haha 1
34 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Can’t find that on Netflix pal 

Nor could I! ?

Watched the Cohen Bro's ideea of  " True Grit " instead.

Someone mentioned that, some time ago. Suggested it was worth a watch?

My god! I'd about as soon spend a couple of hours seeing how many tower stacked wall bricks my testicles could support!

Ridiculously precocious little girl. Running around, arguing the odds with 'frontiersmen'. All of them - and everyone else - all the while speaking in almost Shakespearean 'Received Pronunciation'! 

Vomit inducing! ?

• Haha 1

I watched one on Netflix last night called Run. It's about a teenage girl, her mum is a psycho. Watched it with one of my girls and pointed out all the way through that at least I'm not THAT bad ? It was a little predictable, but an ok watch.

• Thanks 1

Watched that " The Mauritanian ", this afternoon.

Prime. Two hours

(Crazy that, just an hour before, I saw the 'Pimp Sequence', from Taxi Driver, on the chube. There's Jodie Foster playing a twelve and half year old girl!)

Anyway, yeah. Not a bad film.

Massive Spoiler below!!!

I couldn't honestly give a Fukk if he, or any of the others, were innocent. So were those little girls who just wanted to go to a pop concert!!! ?

• Like 1

" Escape From Pretoria "

Prime. Couple of hours.

Danny Radcliffe. I quite enjoy watching him as he's maturing.

Not a bad film, per se. Just marred, from the get go, by the fact that they're white ANC merchants. It's hard to really get behind anyone who fought so hard to throw South Africa down the shit hole.

Watched the old guard with Charlize Theron the other night an amusing romp of a immortal movie. 

The cgi effects when they regenerate are excellent if s bit sickening, great ending.

Ok it's a mishmash of several films but kills 2 hours happily. 

" Two Distant Strangers ".

Flix. Half an hour. It was actually okay. I was curious. Till, toward / at the end it revealed itself as just a thirty minute metaphor for 'The Man will Always kill the poor, down trodden, din't do nutt'n Nigger. Regardless.' ?

On 07/04/2021 at 20:48, lurchergrrl said:

My Octopus Teacher on Netflix. Sounded naff but I had some time to kill.

Possible the best thing I've watched in recent memory. Truly a brilliant watch.

ill give it a look (Y)

• Like 1