what was the last film you watched

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Did you both enjoy it?  Cheers, D.

just watching a programme about the 84-85 miners strike and theres my father large as life on the tele walking towards the camera, he's been dead over 30 yrs, fair shook me up in a good way, wasnt exp

Posted Images

Seeing as it was the anniversary last week of my great grandfathers passing , I sat with the kids and watched “the last of the mohicans” as it was his favourite story to tell us around a yog when we were little . 

he had that perculiar intonation of the plains people and even though he was “an old one” when I was little I can still recall that red bronzed skin he had and that hawk nose which , my grandad had and im glad to say passed me out. 

“Hoka hey brave heart , cowards to the rear “

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Seeing as it was the anniversary last week of my great grandfathers passing , I sat with the kids and watched “the last of the mohicans” as it was his favourite story to tell us around a yog when we were little . 

he had that perculiar intonation of the plains people and even though he was “an old one” when I was little I can still recall that red bronzed skin he had and that hawk nose which , my grandad had and im glad to say passed me out. 

“Hoka hey brave heart , cowards to the rear “

A film I don't think I've ever watched despite knowing of it's ratings for decades, one to tick off. 

1 minute ago, Greb147 said:

A film I don't think I've ever watched despite knowing of it's ratings for decades, one to tick off. 

Greatest ending to any film, I won’t spoil it for you by posting the link . The score is also iconic 

my great great grandad was a Native American who returned on a trade vessel to Ireland and settled .

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

My great great grandad was a Native American who returned on a trade vessel to Ireland and settled .

I have a mate, Stiff, who's half Cherokee, half Romani Gypsy. ('Yog' ? This place cracks me up!) He told me a story about when he was having a Lads Night In with a bunch of Lakota Sioux boys.

They were watching a western, and the Lakota's started cracking up and rolling on the floor in tears. He asked them WTF was going on, and they explained it .....

Those Indians are bloody good actors. To keep a straight face while that's all going on! ?

21 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Greatest ending to any film, I won’t spoil it for you by posting the link . The score is also iconic 

my great great grandad was a Native American who returned on a trade vessel to Ireland and settled .

Tell us more about him mate ,tribe etc sounds really interesting 

12 minutes ago, hollands hope said:

Den of Thieves.

on another note , 

If last of the mohicans is the greatest ending ever , this has to be the worst . I totally enjoyed the entire film until the last two minutes . How can a film that opens up with that amazing gun battle end up like that ?? 

f***ing lazy film making 

Right so . 

in one of life’s coincidences me and my misses have an amazing coincidental lineage . 

we lived at the opposite end of the town apart from each other . As in literally the polar opposite ends , last roads in the south east and the north west really . 

we didn’t know each other but we’ve spent a lifetime passing each other , a bit of a lie actually as I’d seen her when she was about 21 and I was aware of her but didn’t know she was . 

she literally has thick black hair and olive skin , she basically tans black in a day , although still needs sun beds apparently. So when we met , we got chatting . 

we’re both 1st generation English . my mother is a jock , her father . 

her fathers family are from Dunoon originally , my mams from Galloway . 

both families there were Irish immigrants . 

my family name is an old Tyrone name , hers is a Scottish settlers . 

her great great great grandad was sailor and returned from  Canada with a Native American bride . They were shunned and lived in poverty before emigrating to Scotland to seek refuge . 

my great great grandad was an Cheyenne who came to Europe . 

im hugely interested in geneology, my surname is a Viking origin from the settled Danes of Ireland . It translates into “ son of the north man “ and in English is as close as you can get phonetically sounding  to “Mohican “??

as a kid i was called “the last of the mohicans “ by my grandad and I’ve always held a fascination with plains Indians. So much so that my previous username on those early 00s hunting sites was “Hawkeye”  

f**k it , I’m getting a bow and arrow and taking “she who spends at next” to a wigwam 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
2 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

on another note , 

If last of the mohicans is the greatest ending ever , this has to be the worst . I totally enjoyed the entire film until the last two minutes . How can a film that opens up with that amazing gun battle end up like that ?? 

f***ing lazy film making 

Just watched it. Agree.

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Right so . 

in one of life’s coincidences me and my misses have an amazing coincidental lineage . 

we lived at the opposite end of the town apart from each other . As in literally the polar opposite ends , last roads in the south east and the north west really . 

we didn’t know each other but we’ve spent a lifetime passing each other , a bit of a lie actually as I’d seen her when she was about 21 and I was aware of her but didn’t know she was . 

she literally has thick black hair and olive skin , she basically tans black in a day , although still needs sun beds apparently. So when we met , we got chatting . 

we’re both 1st generation English . my mother is a jock , her father . 

her fathers family are from Dunoon originally , my mams from Galloway . 

both families there were Irish immigrants . 

my family name is an old Tyrone name , hers is a Scottish settlers . 

her great great great grandad was sailor and returned from  Canada with a Native American bride . They were shunned and lived in poverty before emigrating to Scotland to seek refuge . 

my great great grandad was an Cheyenne who came to Europe . 

im hugely interested in geneology, my surname is a Viking origin from the settled Danes of Ireland . It translates into “ son of the north man “ and in English is as close as you can get phonetically sounding  to “Mohican “??

as a kid i was called “the last of the mohicans “ by my grandad and I’ve always held a fascination with plains Indians. So much so that my previous username on those early 00s hunting sites was “Hawkeye”  

f**k it , I’m getting a bow and arrow and taking “she who spends at next” to a wigwam 

If we were both Tomahawks.........

You would be a stone axe ........

I would be a cruise missile ! 

• Haha 1