Up fields

Eyup gents.

You all still heading out to the perms at the minute? Just wondered like.

Seems like a appropriate little past time we do have... we can stick the odd bit of dinner in the freezer... thats not been in some ransacked supermarket thank f**k... while being alone and surrounded by good old trees. 

Went today for a couple of hours and the sheer silence from all the news was the best thing I’ve heard in a long time. Took the rifle like but to be honest didn’t take one shot at any pests, just felt mint to have a couple of ‘isolated’ places to go. 

• Like 10

I know what your saying Rez :thumbs:

I still haven't been out hunting for a while but, my new job is keeping me out in the open - it's nice and quiet and there's plenty of rabbits and pigeons around - I'm not allowed to shoot any but, it's nice to just be out and away from all of the other BS going on at the moment :yes:

A bit of sea fishing and shooting which at least I can do on my own or with my pal maintaining a distance whilst out on the perms. We are lucky that we have a sport/passion/hobby that will allow us to continue to a degree without being in contact with others.  I saw all the people taking no notice of the request to stay away from the bars/ clubs / gyms, bloody idiots. My parents had to go to war to protect out country where as all we are asked to do is stay at home or at least keep away from others, its not too much to ask.................................is it ?

Trish, my wife, is going to stay at home starting possibly next week and as she is self employed and I am retired so it will be a challenge but it has to be done. My youngest daughter has said that she will stay at her mom's house for the period we go into self isolation which upsets me greatly as it could go on for many months but as I am too damm close to 70 and in the danger area, it scares the hell out of me. 

All we need now is for the total fcuking wankers to stop buying crazy amounts of stuff from the supermarkets and we will all have enough, really pisses me off why brain dead twats act in such an uncaring way after all what the hell are they going to do with 120 toilet rolls. Perhaps arse holes is a good description..................

Sorry Rez, just gets me angry mate.

Phil

Luckily still got a Roe n a Fallow in the freezer but it would be bloody amazing to have  some sort of veg to go with it .I think ration books would be the answer shock these hoarding shysters and let everyone have something .My old dear is a 79 year old bus wobbler so relies on me to shop as there isnt any delivering at the minute .

The scrotes fighting over toilet roll want putting in the stocks so us without can lob shite at them like in the good old days ,you know TB ,Rickets n gout .

This is real peeps nearly 300 dead in a week ,London is screwed all hospitals full ,its the spanish flu epedemic all over again and the world stops .Wednesday my employers last customer shuts down for 4 n arf weeks ,no pub to crawl to ,no cafes to eat in look after yourselves and your families and remember hunting im 1500 metres away from anyone so safe ish .

If we are allowed to drive anywhere 

• Like 1

I don’t know if any of you has just seen Boris’ speech... but looks like I won’t be going in anymore for sometime... though to be honest, I’d still be on my own... wonder if BASC might put something out about it.

Must admit I wondered about this. All our perms are within 5 - 15mins drive so not using much fuel therefore not in the petrol station often.

Nobody else on the land so no harm to either me or others

Picking up a fresh supply of meat and so no supermarket visits, veg straight from the farm.

My regular excercise on the fields with no germs being spread.

It needed to be done due to all the tossers out there but I do wish I could just carry on and not mix with loads of others getting fresh air and cheap meat.

Hope you lot are all okay boys.

Phil

11 hours ago, Rez said:

I don’t know if any of you has just seen Boris’ speech... but looks like I won’t be going in anymore for sometime... though to be honest, I’d still be on my own... wonder if BASC might put something out about it.

I'll be staying away from my favourite perm, I respect them very much, and as they are in there eighties. I think it's for the best.

• Like 3

Good call mine is not in the best of health either but then as an ex pneumonia and bronchitas sufferer i,m watching my own ass too .There,s a lot to be done at home and a lot of paper to be shot whilst avoiding outside ,stay safe be safe 

• Like 1

Well I have had a very productive day sorting stuff in the greenhouse and getting all the seeds sown, tomorrow is a day to empty the garage and sort through everything while the weather is good. My local tip has closed today until further notice so once I have sorted all the garage stuff, I will have to put all the stuff for dumping into the ................garage ?

Phil

• Haha 4

Eyup gents. How are you letting your landowners know then? Or if you even are like? 

Im trying to put together a bloody texty to them all, kinda saying I know whats going on, and thats fine, but to be honest, Im still up for heading over if they're ok for it, but cant word it right.

Being on the land is the safest place for me... private land, on my own, acres away from a soul. Its a tricky situation. Ive seen in other threads thats the lads are saying that its only when its essential can we go out, and they are right and I completely get that, but going shopping for food or medicines with more than 3 people around, touching coins, bottles, tills is far more risky than me getting in the car, driving on my own, getting out, and being on my own for 5 hours, getting back in the car, driving back.

Ive seen people on my road, just walking about like. I dont know where they're going or where they've been of course, but its no different to me being on private land. They're just getting out for a walk... and really thats all we'd be doing, it would just be a longer walk on private land.

• Like 1

Theyre upping the anti Rez,fines now for non essential journeys etc ,advice from C/a and various orgs ,stay home stay safe dont risk it .If your on your own step out the back door land fine ,enjoy but i wouldnt risk driving unless its the food shop or getting stuff for my  mum 79 and wobbly .And then only once a day in case some knob head decides to report you for the hell of it .

Just try this if it makes sense ,"HI -------- due to this virus lockdown i will be unable to visit the perm for 3 weeks under the goverment advice .But if you need anything fetching/carrying shopping or medicine we are allowed to do that if you self isolating  and i,m happy to help "

Might keep  them happy and as most will be lambing they,l need all the help you can give .Ive done my shopping with gloves on all the time and followed the 6ft distance rule and disinfect all door handles /sufaces with anti-bac wipes atb 

• Like 2