Crazy stupid prices

Just lookinh through pets4 holmes looking at jack russels 2 adverts for a much wenlock miniture russels starting from 800 pounds up to 2500 pounds is this just crazy or am missing something here how as anybody got the brass neck yo ask these prices 

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Me and lad at work today have phoned a couple of these extortionate rate litters on are dinner for a bit of a laugh but were met with the same answers ,,” all pups sold” so some fuckers keep paying fo

Not been funny but I ain’t walking round with a bunch of people I don’t no , going to meets , going to hunts , spending weekends walking round having to listen to aload of waffle just to source a pup

You'll be able to swap for a 4 pack of Andrex in a week or two

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, the cobra said:

Just lookinh through pets4 holmes looking at jack russels 2 adverts for a much wenlock miniture russels starting from 800 pounds up to 2500 pounds is this just crazy or am missing something here how as anybody got the brass neck yo ask these prices 

Shocking ain’t they , I’ve been on look out for a Jack Russel my self something to just take ferreting and bit bushing ,no earth work so thought I’ll have a look at some and when saw prices I thought I’ll do with out lol 

• Like 1

I often look on those sites, not that I'm looking for a new dog it's just dog adverts have always been a bit of a strange obsession with me. I have seen those adverts but it is not the prices that puzzle me. A fool and his money and all that. As long as the buyer is purchasing what he wants then that's his business. It's the type of dogs that are now called Jack Russells that I find odd.

Many types of terrier have been labelled as such from old type Sealyhams to old type fox terriers and many intermediate sorts which is fine. I've never been of the opinion that a Russell was something "created" by the 19th century parson who's name has became associated with white working terriers. But that's the thing, white! No matter the diverse types that have been referred to as Jack Russells over the years the defining attribute was always that they were predominantly white.

These strange little dogs (are they even terriers?) being sold on sites such as Pets4homes seem to be every colour but white.

I've kept white terriers most of my life, which just happen to be of the sort that Russell did use, and I hate it when I meet people who admire them and then ask "what type of dogs are they". If I say "Jack Russells " they look at me as though I'm a simpleton because they know that proper Jack Russells don't look anything like my terriers. My favourite reply these days are that they are Miniature Peruvian Llama Hounds, and most people are suitably impressed.

• Like 2

My JR bitch is approaching retirement so I looked on all the sites to find a pup to bring on and could not believe the prices for JR Pups of which not many of them are actually JR,s .... I eventually ran a wanted advert on here , to which I received 2 qenuine replies . One reply has resulted in pup from excellent working parents at a working mans price 

• Like 2

been checking that site out myself, I was offered a pup from a member off here, I want a bitch, he only has the one, pets4homes have a litter on now  £850. I would have to don my plastic mac and put myself on hanley bus station on Friday night  to be able to afford thati will keep searching, good luck with your pup

• Haha 2

Its not that were looking for a working terrier is just a case of looking there will be plenty of lads on here read the lurcher page dont mean they want a lurcher or airgun section the dont have a gun its just looking a still look at the lurchers haven kept lurchers for over 30 years until 2years ago but not looking to get any more mate 

On 22/03/2020 at 16:27, foxdropper said:

Why are lads looking on pets 4 homes for a worker anyway .

I was as was only after something  for the odd bit of ratting and a bit of bushing and night time shooting and as it would only be owt 2/3 times a week hunting  , rest days just walking and exercised I didn’t want get something off earthdogs as have no intention of digging so it would be wasted on me , and been struggling find something of bushing parents that weren’t been dug to 

8 hours ago, Elchapo said:

I was as was only after something  for the odd bit of ratting and a bit of bushing and night time shooting and as it would only be owt 2/3 times a week hunting  , rest days just walking and exercised I didn’t want get something off earthdogs as have no intention of digging so it would be wasted on me , and been struggling find something of bushing parents that weren’t been dug to 

You may be disappointed if you don't get something from working lines or at least parents.It took me 3 years to find a good working terrier here,mainly for bushing to the whippets but it was worth the wait.I know a lady who breeds show russells,even the look in their eye is no comparison to a working terrier.You might be better checking out a few farms that have knock about terriers around the barns and may breed the odd litter.

On 26/03/2020 at 22:03, sambo123 said:

Where else are lads going to look if they can't source pups?

Do the slog,walk with a few hunts,attend the odd,and they can be fecking odd,FMWTC meet.Do your homework and introduce yerself to a few miserable terrier owners etc. The trouble is now folk want instant  results,brass to spare and no fecking notion how to spend it and no ambition.Thus if you want something right you will work towards that goal and not trawl the web to be mugged by a shitehawk dog breeder.At times you need to wear the boots and not the wallet out.

• Like 3
44 minutes ago, morton said:

Do the slog,walk with a few hunts,attend the odd,and they can be fecking odd,FMWTC meet.Do your homework and introduce yerself to a few miserable terrier owners etc. The trouble is now folk want instant  results,brass to spare and no fecking notion how to spend it and no ambition.Thus if you want something right you will work towards that goal and not trawl the web to be mugged by a shitehawk dog breeder.At times you need to wear the boots and not the wallet out.

Your not a fan of wallet out