So after my tools got nicked out my van a couple of weeks ago I’ve managed to get a very good condition hedge cutter off a mate but I’m looking at getting a new chainsaw

i think I’ll go husqvarna as there cheaper than sthil I used to have a 135 it still works after about 20 years but the hand brake thing fell off so it’s a bit dangerous to use

just wondering if anyone’s used the battery ones ? The husky 120i looks good and a fair price but other than that I was looking at the 435 ? Is it worth the extra £100 over the 135?
Any advise thanks, it’s just for logging for myself a bit of coppicing and small tree work

My family is in the logging industry.The Husqvarna from 20 years ago is much better than chainsaws today.Husqvarna started using cheaper parts a few years back.Do you have echo saws in your area?Echo bought a company called shindiawa.Shindiawa built a superior product so echo bought them and uses shindiawa parts.Hope this helps.

• Like 1

My husky is nowhere near as good as the equivalent sthil. 

Two other mates had problems with theirs when bought from new. Sthil everytime. 

Im no chainsaw man just opinion from my limited experience. 0

1 hour ago, trapperman said:

How longs the battery last on those Micky ?

I would say around 15 cuts the size My Sister is doing in the picture not a patch on a Petrol cutter  but I have  two Batteries and I seem to cut loads at a time .

Well looked after second hand kit can be good value for money, especially for occasional users, but it's a bit of a lottery with ebay. Ideally collect from the buyer to check it's decent condition and not nicked. My neighbour had a second hand stihl ms261 in very good condition for about £250 I think it was. One of those would be fine for coppicing with a short bar and would cope with ringing small and medium trees for firewood. Those battery chainsaws look ideal for pruning or even coppicing and no need for ear defenders must be a bonus. 

Whatever chainsaw you buy it has one intention _ to kill or main you _ why do you think chainsaws start so promptly and willingly rev so high? It's not to gladly cut wood for you oh no it's only aim is to slice through your skin like a hot knife through butter. Look up who invented them, it was Satan....

• Haha 1

Yeah the one I had nicked was a sthil 181 with hand tension knob thing, pretty good saw 

im really just trying to way up if these battery ones are any good?

i like the low noise thing I quite often coppice with hand tools just cause it’s nice to be quiet in the woods

ill watch a few more utube vids I think before I decide 

Edited by trapperman