48 minutes ago, Saltmoon said:

My work is showing no signs of shutting at all I'm not going in at the moment seems they don't really give a stuff about there staff still putting 2 people in a lorry about 1m apart from each other and when your on site you cant keep any distance from each other. Other scaffolding companies have shut round me to keep there staff safe but not my one seems they only want to make more money and f**k the staff 

What’s your boss said about wages ? 

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Had a call at dinner about another 90k job shelved. 2 calls after Boris speech at 9pmish shutting my only 2 live sites left. That sees me about 450k down now, 650k if u include phase 2 on one of them.

My Mrs works for Miller and Carter, she offered to have her hrs cut and stay home until this blows over..... Around £1800 less a month....only my Wages coming in now... But for how long? Cancelled my

Sounds wrong but I take some comfort in the fact it will affect the masses so everyone will need help with this one. I have some money in the business and monies still due in so I will be ok for a lit

Posted Images

42 minutes ago, Balaur said:

Just had an email from accountant, outlined a draft proposal for self employed, waiting to see what's announced today, hoping for a decent bail out primarily to maintain rent payments in the short term and then for food etc over coming months, obviously doesn't compare to the health implications but nevertheless a concern...

Do reckon it might be 80% of last year's taxable earnings mate ?

1 hour ago, Havelightforcewilltravel said:

What’s your boss said about wages ? 

I get sick pay if I self isolate but if they close down then those who are at work still will get the 80%pay but not risking going in. And to be honest when this is over with I may find someone else to work for as this lot don't seem to care about staff only the coin 

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Saltmoon said:

I get sick pay if I self isolate but if they close down then those who are at work still will get the 80%pay but not risking going in. And to be honest when this is over with I may find someone else to work for as this lot don't seem to care about staff only the coin 

Are you on hour rate or bonus or pricework mate.

20 minutes ago, Havelightforcewilltravel said:

Are you on hour rate or bonus or pricework mate.

Hourly rate bud min wage aswell ? leaving me with nothing spare what so ever but we will get buy and see where we end up I suppose just like everyone else is 

Well I was wrong. They won't be helping everyone. I have always been direct employed and paid any taxes since I left school. Last few years of direct employment I had gone into the higher tax bracket. After thinking long and hard about what I wanted from life in June 2018 I set up my own business while still in full time employment. June 2019 I jacked and went self employed full time. Things were going great until this.....but because I have been self employed less than a year and haven't submitted a tax return yet I can't get any help incase I'm trying to commit fraud? Amount of tax I have paid over the last 20yrs is ridiculous and because the calendar hasnt required me submitting a tax return yet this year I can't get f**k all?!

Once again compounding my thoughts of f**k the system and f**k the state. The one time ever I have needed a penny and after years of them taking Im guna get f**k all. 'Apply for universal credit' sure that's guna be a quick process.

Then he comes out with 'it's about time self employed contribute as much as PAYE' well one things for sure I will be doing my utmost to avoid paying any and every penny of tax that I can legitimately.

In the mean time they have increased benefits for those that have never contributed f**k all incase they are struggling?!?!?!?!?

??????

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

If that’s right mate very unfair one of my lads finished his carpentry apprenticeship worked for a few months direct then had to go self employed he can’t get fek all & people who done nothing getting more it’s a joke 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, ryaldinhio said:

Well I was wrong. They won't be helping everyone. I have always been direct employed and paid any taxes since I left school. Last few years of direct employment I had gone into the higher tax bracket. After thinking long and hard about what I wanted from life in June 2018 I set up my own business while still in full time employment. June 2019 I jacked and went self employed full time. Things were going great until this.....but because I have been self employed less than a year and haven't submitted a tax return yet I can't get any help incase I'm trying to commit fraud? Amount of tax I have paid over the last 20yrs is ridiculous and because the calendar hasnt required me submitting a tax return yet this year I can't get f**k all?!

Once again compounding my thoughts of f**k the system and f**k the state. The one time ever I have needed a penny and after years of them taking Im guna get f**k all. 'Apply for universal credit' sure that's guna be a quick process.

Then he comes out with 'it's about time self employed contribute as much as PAYE' well one things for sure I will be doing my utmost to avoid paying any and every penny of tax that I can legitimately.

In the mean time they have increased benefits for those that have never contributed f**k all incase they are struggling?!?!?!?!?

??????

I wasn't going to claim a penny, just trying to plod on. But by fck as a self employed person I'm going to pay for this in tax when it's all over ?

• Like 1

As strange as it may sound but this virus has dug me out of a bit of a hole.finished work in January..struggled to find work..now am doing 5 12 hour shifts a week good pay everything is going great..my mum thinks am mad but no one pays my rent but me...

• Like 4
8 hours ago, ryaldinhio said:

??????

I think you have 4 weeks to submit your tax return and you will be paid off of your earnings...

It's only people who have gone self employed in the last couple of months that fall through the net, which I get as you could state anything..

If you have been trading since  2019 you will have 1 year of accounts...unlike normal times submit all as earnings (not dividends).

You wont get any money until June.

Edited by NEWKID

Got told yesterday some of us may have to go on this furlough scheme were 80pct of wages are paid but was told we could not take on any other paid work wile on this scheme I honestly think this is detremental to what might be mass labour shotages in vital roles if this virus takes its toll on the vital workforce.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, NEWKID said:

I think you have 4 weeks to submit your tax return and you will be paid off of your earnings...

It's only people who have gone self employed in the last couple of months that fall through the net, which I get as you could state anything..

If you have been trading since  2019 you will have 1 year of accounts...unlike normal times submit all as earnings (not dividends).

You wont get any money until June.

They are paying against tax return 2018-2019. I was still employed then. One of the press asked him about people who have done less than a year and he said we can't help them they should look at the other measures and increases in universal credit.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, DIDO.1 said:

I wasn't going to claim a penny, just trying to plod on. But by fck as a self employed person I'm going to pay for this in tax when it's all over ?

I am hoping won't need to claim anything, it's more the principle that pissed me off. All depends on how long it takes to get back up and running.

• Like 1
On 27/03/2020 at 08:57, tatsblisters said:

Got told yesterday some of us may have to go on this furlough scheme were 80pct of wages are paid but was told we could not take on any other paid work wile on this scheme I honestly think this is detremental to what might be mass labour shotages in vital roles if this virus takes its toll on the vital workforce.

Arnt you classed as essential mate ? been in warehousing , seems our supply lines are changing and bringing in more whats needed to keep things running , DHL are moving workers around to other warehouses where there short staffed due to self isolating