• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Had a call at dinner about another 90k job shelved. 2 calls after Boris speech at 9pmish shutting my only 2 live sites left. That sees me about 450k down now, 650k if u include phase 2 on one of them.

My Mrs works for Miller and Carter, she offered to have her hrs cut and stay home until this blows over..... Around £1800 less a month....only my Wages coming in now... But for how long? Cancelled my

Sounds wrong but I take some comfort in the fact it will affect the masses so everyone will need help with this one. I have some money in the business and monies still due in so I will be ok for a lit

Posted Images

NHS staff have been sent this:

This is the advice given to hospital staff.
It explains the virus and hopefully, how to prevent getting it.
Please share with family, friends and work colleagues.

Virus Detection:

The simplest way to distinguish Coronavirus from a Common Cold is that the COVID-19 infection does not cause a cold nose or cough with cold, but it does create a dry and rough cough.
The virus is typically first installed in the throat causing inflammation and a feeling of dryness. This symptom can last between 3 and 4 days.
The virus typically then travels through the moisture present in the airways, goes down to the trachea and installs in the lungs, causing pneumonia that lasts about 5 or 6 days.
Pneumonia manifests with a high fever and difficulty breathing. The Common Cold is not accompanied, but there may be a choking sensation. In this case, the doctor should be called immediately.

Experts suggest doing this simple verification every morning: Breathe in deeply and hold your breath for 10 seconds. If this can be done without coughing, without difficulty, this shows that there is no fibrosis in the lungs, indicating the absence of infection. It is recommended to do this control every morning to help detect infection.

Prevention:
The virus hates heat and dies if it is exposed to temperatures greater than 80°F (27°C). Therefore hot drinks such as infusions, broths or simply hot water should be consumed abundantly during the day. These hot liquids kill the virus and are easy to ingest.
Avoid drinking ice water or drinks with ice cubes.

Ensure that your mouth and throat are always wet, never DRY. You should drink a sip of water at least every 15 minutes. WHY? Even when the virus enters water or other liquids through the mouth, it will get flushed through the oesophagus directly into the stomach where gastric acids destroy the virus. If there is not enough water, the virus can pass into the trachea and from there to the lungs, where it is very dangerous.

For those who can, sunbathe. The Sun's UV rays kill the virus and the vitamin D is good for you.
The Coronavirus has a large size (diameter of 400-500 nanometers) so face masks can stop it, no special face masks are needed in daily life.
If an infected person sneezes nearby, stay 10 feet (3.3 meters) away to allow the virus fall to the ground and prevent it from falling on you.
When the virus is on hard surfaces, it survives about 12 hours, therefore when hard surfaces such as doors, appliances, railings, etc. are touched, hands should be washed thoroughly and/or disinfected with alcoholic gel The virus can live nested in clothes and tissues between 6 and 12 hours. Common detergents can kill it. Things that cannot be washed should be exposed to the Sun and the virus will die.
The transmission of the virus usually occurs by direct infection, touching fabrics, tissues or materials on which the virus is present.
Washing your hands is essential.
The virus survives on our hands for only about 10 minutes. In that time many things can happen, rubbing the eyes, touching the nose or lips. This allows the virus to enter your throat. Therefore, for your good and the good of all, wash your hands very often and disinfect them.
You can gargle with disinfectant solutions (i.e. Listerine or Hydrogen Peroxide) that eliminate or minimize the amount of virus that can enter the throat. Doing so removes the virus before it goes down to the trachea and then to the lungs.
Disinfect things touched often: mobile phone, keyboard, mouse, car steering wheel, door handles, etc ....

Sent in to us just now and we wanted to share this knowledge & advice with you all.

Please do the same and take care!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
48 minutes ago, Saltmoon said:

My work isn't shut but fairly sure that scaffolding isn't key worker either 

Just walked off, our Civils firm has pulled the plug and off hired all plant and vans but the main contractor linden homes are still business as usual!

regardless of the money I think we’re better off out of the way?

• Like 2
23 minutes ago, si brown said:

Just walked off, our Civils firm has pulled the plug and off hired all plant and vans but the main contractor linden homes are still business as usual!

regardless of the money I think we’re better off out of the way?

Couple lads did this morning but don't think you get 80% if you walk before your told to and on my missus wage that leaves us about £500 short a month with no savings to fall back on 

6 hours ago, Saltmoon said:

Couple lads did this morning but don't think you get 80% if you walk before your told to and on my missus wage that leaves us about £500 short a month with no savings to fall back on 

There’s gonna be harsh times ahead but it’s out of our hands now.. 

Banks and utility company’s are going to have no choice but to cut people some slack..? it levels out soon 

12 hours ago, ryaldinhio said:

Had a call at dinner about another 90k job shelved. 2 calls after Boris speech at 9pmish shutting my only 2 live sites left. That sees me about 450k down now, 650k if u include phase 2 on one of them. That's everything gone now, tenders, orders and live sites.

I'm done, gone from 6-9 months work to f**k all for me and a dozen guys.

The man who is direct employed can get 80% of his wage up to 2.5k a month. The self employed man who, lets be right usually works harder, can get 90quid a weekish?

This shite is same as ir35 and same as the new CIS/VAT ruling that's coming utilising the situation in trying to force a man to work for the man.

Bollocks to this. I WILL see the other side of this with my wife and kids. All this has made me realise is how much my self sufficient dream was the right path that I lost along the way. I might never get totally self sufficient but I will get closer than most and also close enough that I don't need the state in times like this.

I've been through every emotion in the last few days of nervous anxious worried upset annoyed and having to go home to my beautiful wife and kids and put a brave face saying don't worry it'll be fine when I honestly don't know what's coming.

Well now I feel angry and focused to make sure that next time it will be fine, because I won't need no c**t in the big smoke deciding when I can go out to get what I need. Taking away the opportunity to earn money but not officially so I still need to pay my direct debits and bills.

Always forged my own path but fell into the trap of buying a chicken instead of breeding and buying a simple loaf instead of baking ur own same as 99% of people.

f***ing done with it all and it's come at the right time because I will make sure now my kids, 7 & 4, are taught how to survive when needed.

Mate, I totally and completely understand you......I made that self same decision 6 years ago.

I grafted my bollocks off, loved a pound note and “the deal”......like most it was feast and a little famine here and there.

Everywhere I turned some poxy official holding their hand out, some government bloke taking more and more of my hard earned.

All I ever wanted to do was earn my dough, spend time with my kids and let them have a mum at home.

But no, they wanted to fix the system so that I was paying them and what’s more they wanted my wife out working too because robbing one person in a household obviously isn’t enough......I was never having that, my kids come first.

All the while, what were they doing with this fortune they kept nicking?.....spending it in making my community worse, spending it on black history month, trips to India to have flags woven (I kid you not !) and setting my kids up to have exactly the same 3 bed, semi detached prison cell they wanted me in.......

And I just had enough, f**k them.....I took my ball and said “I ain’t playing any more”

So, in “modern terms” I knew I would have less.....but f**k me, I have so much more.

I could write paragraphs and paragraphs but in short I have something from an older, simpler time and it’s good mate......really, really good.

Good on you, just need about 30 million more people in the UK to start thinking like you 

• Like 3
2 hours ago, WILF said:

Mate, I totally and completely understand you......I made that self same decision 6 years ago.

I grafted my bollocks off, loved a pound note and “the deal”......like most it was feast and a little famine here and there.

Everywhere I turned some poxy official holding their hand out, some government bloke taking more and more of my hard earned.

All I ever wanted to do was earn my dough, spend time with my kids and let them have a mum at home.

But no, they wanted to fix the system so that I was paying them and what’s more they wanted my wife out working too because robbing one person in a household obviously isn’t enough......I was never having that, my kids come first.

All the while, what were they doing with this fortune they kept nicking?.....spending it in making my community worse, spending it on black history month, trips to India to have flags woven (I kid you not !) and setting my kids up to have exactly the same 3 bed, semi detached prison cell they wanted me in.......

And I just had enough, f**k them.....I took my ball and said “I ain’t playing any more”

So, in “modern terms” I knew I would have less.....but f**k me, I have so much more.

I could write paragraphs and paragraphs but in short I have something from an older, simpler time and it’s good mate......really, really good.

Good on you, just need about 30 million more people in the UK to start thinking like you 

Sounds a good story wilf. Ive spent the last 2yrs cutting down on outgoings and paying off loans and debt so I don't need to earn as much as I've been used to. Got my outgoings down from nearly 3k to about 1200 now and still working on it. Mind, this blip won't help in clearing last motor cost. It is true that the more u earn the more you spend and that is exactly what they want people to do. I'm also a big believer that we are shaped from being a child that you go to school mon-fri 9-5, then get a weekend job, then get a full time job mon-fri 9-5 to pay your bills and everyone just falls inline. Keep the big wheel turning. I've been trying to change things so I will work when I need to but have much more time at home with the kids.

Do you have a small holding or something now then?

• Like 1

All fishing ports closed here along the west coast. 

And still there killing salmon out the bay from my house. Mate called me, said how is the 6ft apart suppose to work on a boat lol, and where this fish going. France and Italy are our main buyers.

Can't see many people panic buying sides of salmon lol.

Irish Fisher men told to stay home, but they have no problem letting in Spanish trawlers. 

Crazy 

Atb j 

We shut our sweet shop on Saturday so my wife’s now not earning a penny

ive got 12 hours a week on my largest garden contract where I’m in eight acres of gardens on my own, so I hope I can keep doing this, my hours will go to 20 from May 

if I get told not to do this then we have zero income so a bit worried going forward

but similar to wilf I have a 4 acre smallholding so I’m spending all my spare time there, just extended the veg patch an extra 15mx7m 

if I can stop thinking about the money worries and if we’ll lose our shop etc then it’s actually really nice to be doing what I’ve always wanted to do, the self sufficiency thing! Been lovely last couple days with the sun out

My work is showing no signs of shutting at all I'm not going in at the moment seems they don't really give a stuff about there staff still putting 2 people in a lorry about 1m apart from each other and when your on site you cant keep any distance from each other. Other scaffolding companies have shut round me to keep there staff safe but not my one seems they only want to make more money and f**k the staff