• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Had a call at dinner about another 90k job shelved. 2 calls after Boris speech at 9pmish shutting my only 2 live sites left. That sees me about 450k down now, 650k if u include phase 2 on one of them.

My Mrs works for Miller and Carter, she offered to have her hrs cut and stay home until this blows over..... Around £1800 less a month....only my Wages coming in now... But for how long? Cancelled my

Sounds wrong but I take some comfort in the fact it will affect the masses so everyone will need help with this one. I have some money in the business and monies still due in so I will be ok for a lit

Posted Images

I had 300k worth of contracts pulled. Went from having next 6-7months work secured to a few days next week. 

Set company up 2018

Flooded 2019

Corona 2020

I don't know what I will or won't be entitled to but technically self employed through limited company not on pay roll as such, employment laws don't count for directors of a limited company. Took a risk doing this and worked my arse off for last couple year to get to a position of having plenty of work infront of me including having about a dozen guys working for me or lined up to join. Then for it to be taken away and not know if I can provide for my family is sickening. See what happens early next week and I will be applying for delivery driver with supermarket, they are after a load of temps.

• Sad 3
3 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Sorry to hear that mate?

Sounds wrong but I take some comfort in the fact it will affect the masses so everyone will need help with this one. I have some money in the business and monies still due in so I will be ok for a little while. There will be people worse than me that's for sure so I'm not guna wallow in self pity. Get last bits of work finished then see how the land lies.

• Like 6
Just now, Balaur said:

Should be able to get business loan or grant worst case get a loan spend it and fold company. Get an accountant on the case I'm doing my books sharpish for a rebate in April hopefully....

I think I will qualify for the grant as I have some offices. My yr end is June so can't rush my books. Had this discussion with my accountant other day about company debt and folding, obviously total worst case scenario. Thing is if I have a loan for 3months loss of income while maintaining OHs it is guna be hard, as it would for any business, to make that back.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Balaur said:

I've just been paid off, time to look for something else, need to go collect my gear this week, might be stacking a shelf near you soon lol....

Good luck mate ?

• Thanks 1
22 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

For the lads laid off I know it’s now what you used to but farms are screaming for staff ?

That's what I'll be doing if we get laid off at work 

1 hour ago, ryaldinhio said:

I had 300k worth of contracts pulled. Went from having next 6-7months work secured to a few days next week. 

Set company up 2018

Flooded 2019

Corona 2020

I don't know what I will or won't be entitled to but technically self employed through limited company not on pay roll as such, employment laws don't count for directors of a limited company. Took a risk doing this and worked my arse off for last couple year to get to a position of having plenty of work infront of me including having about a dozen guys working for me or lined up to join. Then for it to be taken away and not know if I can provide for my family is sickening. See what happens early next week and I will be applying for delivery driver with supermarket, they are after a load of temps.

That's shit mate, hope something is put in place for all of us in the same sort of position...streamline and keep your cash in your pocket...good luck mate

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Balaur said:

I've just been paid off, time to look for something else, need to go collect my gear this week, might be stacking a shelf near you soon lol....

Shit that mate... I'll give you a bell tomorrow.

• Like 1

Mrs closed the doors on the salon yesterday evening, I went down.there and took the computer, valuables etc out at end of the day... the girls were crying, the lad who helps run it was concerned he has a new baby, mortgage etc...my mrs cant afford to be in contact with anyone, she is too high risk...so it was hard for her and having to do it all from afar is difficult....26 years in this trade for her and this salon has been what she has worked towards all that time..she loves it and I can honestly say the staff are the same, it a social good environment....

Tears last night and a bit today from her, I'm sure we will pick it back up once this is over..she has had loads of messages from customers all supportive...

f***ing strange times...

• Sad 3

Had a call at dinner about another 90k job shelved. 2 calls after Boris speech at 9pmish shutting my only 2 live sites left. That sees me about 450k down now, 650k if u include phase 2 on one of them. That's everything gone now, tenders, orders and live sites.

I'm done, gone from 6-9 months work to f**k all for me and a dozen guys.

The man who is direct employed can get 80% of his wage up to 2.5k a month. The self employed man who, lets be right usually works harder, can get 90quid a weekish?

This shite is same as ir35 and same as the new CIS/VAT ruling that's coming utilising the situation in trying to force a man to work for the man.

Bollocks to this. I WILL see the other side of this with my wife and kids. All this has made me realise is how much my self sufficient dream was the right path that I lost along the way. I might never get totally self sufficient but I will get closer than most and also close enough that I don't need the state in times like this.

I've been through every emotion in the last few days of nervous anxious worried upset annoyed and having to go home to my beautiful wife and kids and put a brave face saying don't worry it'll be fine when I honestly don't know what's coming.

Well now I feel angry and focused to make sure that next time it will be fine, because I won't need no c**t in the big smoke deciding when I can go out to get what I need. Taking away the opportunity to earn money but not officially so I still need to pay my direct debits and bills.

Always forged my own path but fell into the trap of buying a chicken instead of breeding and buying a simple loaf instead of baking ur own same as 99% of people.

f***ing done with it all and it's come at the right time because I will make sure now my kids, 7 & 4, are taught how to survive when needed.

• Like 8

Just got a call to say the site is still open but to take a pack up so we’re not going into the local shop.. not sure how being a Bricky falls into the key worker sector but I need the money and £90 ssp is no good to me:( 

it’ll be a scarf round me face and gloves on till we get kicked off