I just don't bledy believe it!

I had gout last night for the first time, pain....never felt pain like it! Bloody agony!

Drinking cider vinegar now ? . I needed to go work to, and I need to go out with a gun this weekend but I'm worried I'm just gonna be licking windows all weekend ?.

Any cures?

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, Big rowie said:

I take ibuprofen and drink lots of water to flush it out. Takes a day or so for me. I Don’t drink fizzy juice anymore just to keep sugar level down ??

Thanks mate. Drank lot of water with apple cider and the pain is much better. Off work but hopefully can walk again soon.

When the kung flu panic is over, go to doctor and ask for blood test for uric acid levels. It's an underlying hereditary condition, not caused by eating venison and prawns - that just makes it worse and brings on the attacks. Get it treated because the uric acid crystals can chew up your body from the inside even if you feel ok. You might have to go on tablets for life, but that's better than wrecking your joints or dying early from heart or kidney diseases that gout is now understood to cause. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Caravan Monster said:

When the kung flu panic is over, go to doctor and ask for blood test for uric acid levels. It's an underlying hereditary condition, not caused by eating venison and prawns - that just makes it worse and brings on the attacks. Get it treated because the uric acid crystals can chew up your body from the inside even if you feel ok. You might have to go on tablets for life, but that's better than wrecking your joints or dying early from heart or kidney diseases that gout is now understood to cause. 

Thank you yes my father's side suffered with it. Will do, go doctors asap ?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Caravan Monster said:

Aye my joints are knackered. I’ll need to go get seen about that. Once this virus all blows over. ??

• Sad 1

Well, when I suffered from gout, by process of elimination it seems that it was caused by eating mushrooms. Never eaten one since I suspected the mushrooms and I’ve never had gout since. It’s a shame because I like mushrooms, but it could’ve been worse, could’ve been beer?cheers.?

Hope you feel better soon SD, my last bout lasted over a week?

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, Dervburner said:

Well, when I suffered from gout, by process of elimination it seems that it was caused by eating mushrooms. Never eaten one since I suspected the mushrooms and I’ve never had gout since. It’s a shame because I like mushrooms, but it could’ve been worse, could’ve been beer?cheers.?

Hope you feel better soon SD, my last bout lasted over a week?

Funny you say that! I've been eating a lot of mushrooms lately too ?

16 hours ago, Sausagedog said:

Can you see how swollen my right toe is!

45467697e3f916e7a9ed8adbcd99cf07.jpg.f812308e24d1419d3289f7ebdc345148.jpg

Just a note, you're supposed to put Regain on your scalp. It's no wonder you need that hat. ;)

On a serious note, it might be worth phoning the doctor. Although it usually clears, the crystals can cause joint damage if left for an extended period of time without anti-inflammatory treatment. Just depends how fast it clears. Also, be aware if you get the flu, don't take anti-inflammatory drugs. With a disclaimer I'm not a doctor, the latest I've read on Corona appears to suggest the survival rate of persons taking anti-inflammatory drugs, even Iburporfen, Apsirin etc is much lower.

• Like 1
On 19/03/2020 at 05:55, Sausagedog said:

I just don't bledy believe it!

I had gout last night for the first time, pain....never felt pain like it! Bloody agony!

Drinking cider vinegar now ? . I needed to go work to, and I need to go out with a gun this weekend but I'm worried I'm just gonna be licking windows all weekend ?.

Any cures?

If that was your first time you ain't felt nothing yet wait till you have it in the Elbow or after a having it in the Wrist a few times you get the Joint infected underneath the Gout ,Cider Vinegar or any type of Vinegar  or Red Wine are all to be avoided along with all Seafood  and Offal  and stay clear of Orange Juice , Colchisin or Steroids are the only Drugs that have cleared mine up but they wont give it to you until it really hurts and that's  a lot worse than the little Girl's Fanny itch that you are having now .  ENJOY.

23 minutes ago, micky said:

If that was your first time you ain't felt nothing yet wait till you have it in the Elbow or after a having it in the Wrist a few times you get the Joint infected underneath the Gout ,Cider Vinegar or any type of Vinegar  or Red Wine are all to be avoided along with all Seafood  and Offal  and stay clear of Orange Juice , Colchisin or Steroids are the only Drugs that have cleared mine up but they wont give it to you until it really hurts and that's  a lot worse than the little Girl's Fanny itch that you are having now .  ENJOY.

Uric acid crystals are dissolved by malic acid as found in apple cider vinegar.

• 2 weeks later...