Started on the social isolation

3 minutes ago, BenBhoy said:

One of the many reasons l love working on my Billy.

I was considering rapping in at my mechanic job and just working with my mate full time, just me and him until he told me my replacement was arriving today, anyway we had a race digging a hole and fitting a gate post, it turns out my job is safe and he’s just spent about 20 grand on something that’s not as good at digging holes as me ?

AD020951-2EBB-4B6D-ADEB-EC4F710E98B1.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 hours ago, Stavross said:

I decided to take myself out this evening for a wander around some fields that were my first ever permission all those years ago 

now these fields over the years have been hammered for rabbits, everything from rifles, shotguns, dogs, ferrets, whenever anybody new comes along and fancies a go after the hoppers this is the place I always take them. So I wasn’t expecting to see to many, on arrival I was pleasantly surprised to see good numbers running through the oilseed rape, after shooting 5 and only been able to find 2 of them due to the depth of the rape I decided to call it a night as these could be a valuable commodity over the coming weeks judging by the state of the shelves in ASDA ?

35C8394B-D70E-4A26-9D77-510FA2E0B965.jpeg

which nitesite is that mate

1 hour ago, Stavross said:

Wolf, R tek mate

Love mine and running with their rangefinder is a good setup but for god's sake don't tell villaman as Mitch is not too certain if he really likes Nitesite.......I think on the quiet, he has one on order ?

Phil

• Haha 1
28 minutes ago, philpot said:

Love mine and running with their rangefinder is a good setup but for god's sake don't tell villaman as Mitch is not too certain if he really likes Nitesite.......I think on the quiet, he has one on order ?

Phil

Marmite night vision, I love it on the rimfires, not so much on the centrefire, it’s definitely a bit of fun for a bit of lonely bunny bashing 

• Like 1

I was self isolating on Sunday, must have walked about 5 mile 12g over the shoulder, trying to look for flight lines on the pigeons and crows, ended up bagging a few pigeons and gave them to an old boy I know to stick in his freezer. 

Needless to say he was well happy. 

I just need a weekend off to get at them properly now. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Longshanx said:

I was self isolating on Sunday, must have walked about 5 mile 12g over the shoulder, trying to look for flight lines on the pigeons and crows, ended up bagging a few pigeons and gave them to an old boy I know to stick in his freezer. 

Needless to say he was well happy. 

I just need a weekend off to get at them properly now. 

Good to see you are getting out for a wander, I might have a place for a bit of shooting for me and you, we can go up separately and walk around different parts,  hope you and the missus are keeping well ?

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Stavross said:

Good to see you are getting out for a wander, I might have a place for a bit of shooting for me and you, we can go up separately and walk around different parts,  hope you and the missus are keeping well ?

She's had to self isolate with her having chemo, but she's all good. It was great to get out without any rain. Sound like a plan to get out in the perm your on about??

I was planning on going out Sunday but I've been roped into cooking Sunday dinner for her dad? weather looks spot on for pigeons as well? never mind they will be there for another day. 

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Longshanx said:

they will be there for another day. 

That's what I quite often tell myself mate. I'll watch flightlines etc and plan to go one day then that morning kids will say "dad can you help me with" or "daddy can we play"  and I think to myself,  pigeons will be there in 10 years but my kids won't still be asking for me to play with them. So I put my cammo gear away and get dressed up like Cinderella instead!!! ?

• Haha 3
15 minutes ago, BenBhoy said:

That's what I quite often tell myself mate. I'll watch flightlines etc and plan to go one day then that morning kids will say "dad can you help me with" or "daddy can we play"  and I think to myself,  pigeons will be there in 10 years but my kids won't still be asking for me to play with them. So I put my cammo gear away and get dressed up like Cinderella instead!!! ?

I’d of thought little bo peep would be more your style ?

• Haha 3