What’s it like in your area ?C19

2 hours ago, jetro said:

To be fair, if it was a massive food shortage, with no prospect of any coming in in the future, you could understand the panic and chaos, but not over toilet paper. 

Atb j 

ive had no bog rolls here fer yonks, im just using sheets of wet n dry I found in the shed

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I found the past couple of days totally bizarre. It's like a series of ups and downs. Yes it's scary and everyone is worried about the future. But then I go pick my son up from school and I felt nosta

f**k China, nobody should deal with them again.......leaving the whole of the western world so exposed to a hostile alien power is at best negligent and at worst downright criminal 

Yes mate but have to bring a loo roll ,that the rule . No roll ,no run 

Posted Images

3 hours ago, jetro said:

To be fair, if it was a massive food shortage, with no prospect of any coming in in the future, you could understand the panic and chaos, but not over toilet paper. 

Atb j 

Thing is there is no shortage of food at all....... take eggs as another example - a human influenza virus hasn’t made one iota of difference to how many eggs are available to the domestic market - in fact if reckon there would be more available when you consider the amount used in hotels etc which are now not using them! 

Same with meat - I’ve just as many lambs in my fields as I did pre virus.....

etc etc etc 

14 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

Thing is there is no shortage of food at all....... take eggs as another example - a human influenza virus hasn’t made one iota of difference to how many eggs are available to the domestic market - in fact if reckon there would be more available when you consider the amount used in hotels etc which are now not using them! 

etc etc etc 

That's the point I tried to make, badly on my part. There is no and should be no shortage of food in these countries, BUT if there was, then it could be understandable if there was mass buying  and panicking 

Atb j 

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

etc etc etc 

Yeah it's strange, local bakeries both small and huge commercial are working overtime to keep up with demand , so there will only ever be more bread, yet every afternoon the shelves are bare. You can understand it for a few days, if everyone buys a bit extra a bit earlier then it runs out....but after a week of it.....where is all this extra bread. Same with milk....milk men and farms have loads of milk but in the supermarket its sold out....strange 

Just now, W. Katchum said:

Wagon driver that collects our milk told me it's business as usual. All farms still producing an they still collecting as per usual, folk are gonna end up fat as fcuk after few weeks ?

That's what I thought, are people eating more? 

Alot of it isn't panic buying, it's just natural reactions to being told something will run out. The media cause it. If you have a baby and buy a week's nappies on Friday but you are told nappies are selling out then you will go earlier and buy a couple extra, you have to. If everyone with a baby does that then things run out. 

Social media encourages people to help each other but often they are helping each other or giving advice with issues social media created in the first place. 

14 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

Yeah it's strange, local bakeries both small and huge commercial are working overtime to keep up with demand , so there will only ever be more bread, yet every afternoon the shelves are bare. You can understand it for a few days, if everyone buys a bit extra a bit earlier then it runs out....but after a week of it.....where is all this extra bread. Same with milk....milk men and farms have loads of milk but in the supermarket its sold out....strange 

Daft b*****ds are stashing it, freezing it and even worse, chucking it out! Total madness, they have to have doormen on ships here to stop folk stripping the shelves and taking massive trollys rammed full of stuff. 

I dislike people at the best of times but this is really making me struggle lol

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

Alot of it isn't panic buying, it's just natural reactions to being told something will run out. The media cause it. If you have a baby and buy a week's nappies on Friday but you are told nappies are selling out then you will go earlier and buy a couple extra, you have to. If everyone with a baby does that then things run out. 

Social media encourages people to help each other but often they are helping each other or giving advice with issues social media created in the first place. 

Where did anyone ever say anything was going to run out? It’s retarded. There’s actually over supply of lots of things. It just goes to show how sheep like people have become. It’s really really sad.

• Like 1

Just got back walking the dog. Really weird out the daul carriage way which is a pain to cross most times is silent. Restaurant on top of the hill is closed for first time ever. The garage was empty apart from one guy pulled in a made a bee line for the rubber gloves.
Shopping in lidl this morning plenty there but certain things sold out. Beans and freezers empty and now every git has take a liken to my favorite porridge :( 
Plenty of bread and milk though and fresh veg. Did a smaller shop than normal just to prove a point

6 minutes ago, terryd said:

Just got back walking the dog. Really weird out the daul carriage way which is a pain to cross most times is silent. Restaurant on top of the hill is closed for first time ever. The garage was empty apart from one guy pulled in a made a bee line for the rubber gloves.
Shopping in lidl this morning plenty there but certain things sold out. Beans and freezers empty and now every git has take a liken to my favorite porridge :( 
Plenty of bread and milk though and fresh veg. Did a smaller shop than normal just to prove a point

It's a weird feeling being in the supermarket buying food.

Makes me feel like 1 of the hoarding gang.

well up to 27 confirmed cases in gloucestershire now.was told on friday that 2 wards are full allready in cheltenham but do not know how many that is.shopping is a fecking joke as the idiots have bought up most food even though there are no actual shortages.my rifle club and shotgun club have shut so no hoby to take my mind off things.just got reloading to do now.work is looking a bit suspect as 4 are off from my section and we have no overtime,things are looking very bleak on the engineering,manufacturing side

• Like 1

Amazing to see the Brecon Beacons on the news and all them people and in Australia all them folks on the beach. I am not the brighest spark in the world but these people have the intelligence of a brick. Fair enough don't go too far the other way but christ. 

13 minutes ago, forest of dean redneck said:

They were moaning on my local towns face book page of the 15 teens wandering around the town at night. 

An there's an entrance to a lake? In North Wales been barricaded with trailer an 4x4 spray painted go home. 

Seen a few things about people trying to isolate in their second homes down this way

• Like 1