What’s it like in your area ?C19

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I found the past couple of days totally bizarre. It's like a series of ups and downs. Yes it's scary and everyone is worried about the future. But then I go pick my son up from school and I felt nosta

f**k China, nobody should deal with them again.......leaving the whole of the western world so exposed to a hostile alien power is at best negligent and at worst downright criminal 

Yes mate but have to bring a loo roll ,that the rule . No roll ,no run 

Posted Images

We are on lockdown here in Spain ..everything bar restaurant , beach , gyms ( I’m told ) most shops ,parks schools etc ..are shut , 

pretty drastic considering we haven't had any reported cases down here yet .. Normally this time of year sees a big influx of people from Madrid coming down but from what I’m told the authorities are doing there best to keep this from happening ..

The brits in Benidorm are doing there best to carry on pissing it up and bollock every one off ..

• Like 2
41 minutes ago, kanny said:

It's a fair bit deadlier than flu mate .... some stats   around 83 of 10,000 over 65s die from influenza  this corona  is around  1 in 80 to 100  or 1% ish, Italy has lost 350+ just today so far...personally I think we need to take this one serious.... at the moment your chances of getting it are still slim but that can change very quickly.

I dunno mate - I'm not that convinced on it yet. It still looks like hype to me.

....... yes, it's taking the elderly and infirmed but, there aren't any reported cases of young 'uns falling to it yet.

This article was quite interesting:

https://www.livescience.com/new-coronavirus-compare-with-flu.html

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

Im guessing we are still giving aid all around the world soon to be needed here it would seem .

I wonder if Africa will chip in ?

Haven’t heard of Africa getting it, it was about to go there but thought f**k that shithole I’m not going there.

20 minutes ago, Jonjon79 said:

I dunno mate - I'm not that convinced on it yet. It still looks like hype to me.

....... yes, it's taking the elderly and infirmed but, there aren't any reported cases of young 'uns falling to it yet.

This article was quite interesting:

https://www.livescience.com/new-coronavirus-compare-with-flu.html

wasn't the Chinese doctor who blew the whistle about the virus only young when he died  ? also second youngest Italian to die was 47 seemly fit and healthy ?

For the first time today it hit me how it might really effect me. Im a pest controller so I thought fck it, people will still call me if they have a problem it won't effect me. I'm not visiting the inside of vulnerable contracts like old peoples homes and schools, only doing external visits unless it's an emergency call etc. But today I had a domestic call cancel and a big pigeon job in a mill delay the start date as they may shut down. That one pigeon job is a set back and it's not really started yet. As contracts come up for renewal in restaurants and pubs will they have the money to renew? This could hit us financially worse than the last ressesion. 

On a personal note my wife has had heart and lung issues and my mum is 70. It's scary and it's the first time it's dawned on me how this could play out

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
13 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

For the first time today it hit me how it might really effect me. Im a pest controller so I thought fck it, people will still call me if they have a problem it won't effect me. I'm not visiting the inside of vulnerable contracts like old peoples homes and schools, only doing external visits unless it's an emergency call etc. But today I had a domestic call cancel and a big pigeon job in a mill delay the start date as they may shut down. That one pigeon job is a set back and it's not really started yet. As contracts come up for renewal in restaurants and pubs will they have the money to renew? This could hit us financially worse than the last ressesion. 

On a personal note my wife has had heart and lung issues and my mum is 70. It's scary and it's the first time it's dawned on me how this could play out

Hope all goes ok for you both mate... ?

The big supermarkets are decimated round here but the local shops are still holding up well.

Just took my daughter to her swimming club, maybe for the last time (although sodium hypochlorite kills it) and the centre was as busy as usual, gym and classes full too. Even had the gangs of local scrotes outside the offey on my way home!

Gonna get a lot worse though...

2 hours ago, foxdropper said:

Personally I think it’s been here a lot longer than they will admit to .Both myself and my work partner had a bad bout of flu like virus with a banging headache just after Xmas .My son had same too .Was on the verge of going to the quack when it went overnight for me .4 cases in our village now and surgery closed to non essential cases .Not sure what that means or they are just resigned to fact most are going to get it .

Roads are very quiet .Not sure how they will enforce a stay at home period though .

1 hour ago, baker boy said:

I was the same just after Christmas, didnt dawn on me until yesterday it could've been that, mate mentioned the same thing today and he's 1 of the very few people I have regular close contact with, if theres a test to see if Ive had it I want it, life going on pretty much as normal in the valleys except for the thick twats panic buying bog roll and pasta.

I was the same christmas time, and my father in law.  Hit me bad on boxing day. Had it for about 3-4 weeks, rough as buns. Never felt so rough. Thought it was just bad flu. There were a few of us on here that had it, lurcher123 or longdog123, kevin is it? was one of em. Anyway, definitely wasn't normal flu

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, shaaark said:

I was the same christmas time, and my father in law.  Hit me bad on boxing day. Had it for about 3-4 weeks, rough as buns. Never felt so rough. Thought it was just bad flu. There were a few of us on here that had it, lurcher123 or longdog123, kevin is it? was one of em. Anyway, definitely wasn't normal flu

Dunno if you meant me but I was f****d over Xmas aswell had go hospital the lot proper chills never felt so ill