What’s it like in your area ?C19

Where I live there is talk of builders merchants closing very soon ,pubs and clubs this week apparently .My daughter works in a large restaurant / hotel and they are now down to a skeleton staffing level for essential work only .

Getting real now ,what’s it like with you folks ?

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I found the past couple of days totally bizarre. It's like a series of ups and downs. Yes it's scary and everyone is worried about the future. But then I go pick my son up from school and I felt nosta

f**k China, nobody should deal with them again.......leaving the whole of the western world so exposed to a hostile alien power is at best negligent and at worst downright criminal 

Yes mate but have to bring a loo roll ,that the rule . No roll ,no run 

Posted Images

It's great round here - the herd mentality has properly kicked in.

.......... people are panicking buying, work have sanitised the door handles and locked the canteen, I saw a Chinese person on a bike wearing a face mask  and carrying loads of bottled water, shops are offering free deliveries (probably to keep the money coming in), those in self isolation have been advised to put ribbons or tea towels on their front door handles, my missus has been advised to use the panic buttons at work if people start looting, they're thinking of closing schools for a month:fool:

All this for something that isn't as deadly as flu and, over 80,000 people have already recovered from.

• Like 1

Personally I think it’s been here a lot longer than they will admit to .Both myself and my work partner had a bad bout of flu like virus with a banging headache just after Xmas .My son had same too .Was on the verge of going to the quack when it went overnight for me .4 cases in our village now and surgery closed to non essential cases .Not sure what that means or they are just resigned to fact most are going to get it .

Roads are very quiet .Not sure how they will enforce a stay at home period though .

well for starters, theres only me normal, im a stroke victim, im doin ok . but went down my doctors this morning, for my prescription, closed until further notice. 2 outside health companies who occasionaly come out to see how im doing, both of em phoned me up, sorry keith, cannot come to visit you until further notice, cos of the virus, should have gone to a meeting in next village meeting up with like minded people, bereaved and lonely folks, like me, phoned me Saturday, meeting banned, I walk the streets, empty. and wheres the community spirit, none here , coronaviurus wont get me, I will get me when im ready,

• Like 3
18 minutes ago, iworkwhippets said:

well for starters, theres only me normal, im a stroke victim, im doin ok . but went down my doctors this morning, for my prescription, closed until further notice. 2 outside health companies who occasionaly come out to see how im doing, both of em phoned me up, sorry keith, cannot come to visit you until further notice, cos of the virus, should have gone to a meeting in next village meeting up with like minded people, bereaved and lonely folks, like me, phoned me Saturday, meeting banned, I walk the streets, empty. and wheres the community spirit, none here , coronaviurus wont get me, I will get me when im ready,

Won't the local pharmacy deliver repeat prescriptions mate?

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

Was a fight in our local Morrisons over the weekend about loo roll .Coppers called ,the works lol .

If the shops run out of food.

Will you open the borders on your perm mate.and let us in.

• Haha 2
2 hours ago, Jonjon79 said:

It's great round here - the herd mentality has properly kicked in.

.......... people are panicking buying, work have sanitised the door handles and locked the canteen, I saw a Chinese person on a bike wearing a face mask  and carrying loads of bottled water, shops are offering free deliveries (probably to keep the money coming in), those in self isolation have been advised to put ribbons or tea towels on their front door handles, my missus has been advised to use the panic buttons at work if people start looting, they're thinking of closing schools for a month:fool:

All this for something that isn't as deadly as flu and, over 80,000 people have already recovered from.

It's a fair bit deadlier than flu mate .... some stats   around 83 of 10,000 over 65s die from influenza  this corona  is around  1 in 80 to 100  or 1% ish, Italy has lost 350+ just today so far...personally I think we need to take this one serious.... at the moment your chances of getting it are still slim but that can change very quickly.

• Like 2