Belgain malions.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A keeper pal of mine has one , it’s a complete tool ...as a pet you’re be better of with a honey badger ..

have one since a pup,he is going on 8 now.malions dutch shepard all the same.

The post is about getting a dog pal not getting married ?

Posted Images

6 hours ago, Rickshaw swami said:

I have been around 1 or 2 from working stock and there is not enough hours in the day to keep them worked.In my opinion stay away unless you enjoy living with a psychopathic serial killer with attention deficit disorder.

The post is about getting a dog pal not getting married ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
5 hours ago, Accip74 said:

They are kept by all sorts here. Many look fine as pets, but more than likely those aren’t necessarily straight from working lines. The ones from working lines invariably stand out, look ‘electric’ on the end of their leads & are probably used for ring sport etc.

A young falconer lad I know here has 4-5 of them, mostly used for sport. He teaches people as well. The one in the house is fine, the others in the kennels I wouldn’t be anywhere near! ?

A member on here has a lovely example from working lines that’s an absolute pleasure to be around. A lot will depend on how they are raised, but the average dog owner could soon find themselves out of their depth, myself included!

I really like a lot I’ve seen & have been tempted myself because I have the time, but I’m far too conscientious of fcuking it up & the consequences that go’s with it.

Good, postitive attitude that mate. More potential dog owners should think like that ?

5 hours ago, Accip74 said:

They are kept by all sorts here. Many look fine as pets, but more than likely those aren’t necessarily straight from working lines. The ones from working lines invariably stand out, look ‘electric’ on the end of their leads & are probably used for ring sport etc.

A young falconer lad I know here has 4-5 of them, mostly used for sport. He teaches people as well. The one in the house is fine, the others in the kennels I wouldn’t be anywhere near! ?

A member on here has a lovely example from working lines that’s an absolute pleasure to be around. A lot will depend on how they are raised, but the average dog owner could soon find themselves out of their depth, myself included!

I really like a lot I’ve seen & have been tempted myself because I have the time, but I’m far too conscientious of fcuking it up & the consequences that go’s with it.

A person would want to be really dedicated to the breed to take one on. They seem to take up all of an owners time and effort, also you need to be fairly fit and athletic to keep up with the fitness regime this dog requires. I'd personally have non of these qualities to take on a dog like this, and to do so would be unbelievably stressful on the dog, owner, and potentially create a dangerous dog with no out let for its frustration. 

Atb j 

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, stonewall said:

IMG_2115 (2).JPG

IMG_2114 (3).JPG

IMG_2111 (2).JPG

IMG_2123 (2).JPG

IMG_0873.JPG

Are they as full on as people make out,

A very nice looking dog.

Atb j 

I had one mali from a pup genuinly thought alot of the dog dog knew when he could f**k about and when he couldnt took him everywhere as a pup alot of them aint good guards but switched on protection/patrol types they are just dogs at the end of the day they funny ways are easily managed with a tug toy or tennis ball once you have that focus youll never see anything else quite like it. Id ay once youve got em they prob easier than alot of dogs few of my pals got em that are mainly pets now and apart from wierd habits like chasing flies or barking at birds n that there just like normal dogs maybe bit more vocal at certain times when they first see a lead or what have you but once the ball or tugs out the focus is there and u just build em up

Edited by C.green
  • Like 2
8 hours ago, jetro said:

Are they as full on as people make out,

A very nice looking dog.

Atb j 

your yard or plot of land needs to be set up to own one.really give time to bond to them.best yard  dog ive ever owned.

Edited by stonewall
  • Like 1
14 hours ago, stonewall said:

IMG_2115 (2).JPG

IMG_2114 (3).JPG

IMG_2111 (2).JPG

IMG_2123 (2).JPG

IMG_0873.JPG

Handsome looking dog , he’s got that look of a clever & intelligent dog that’s taking in exactly what’s going on around him ..my pals one has that same look ..

• Like 1

There's a bunch around me lately, 12 to 17 year old Traveller lads, all have young malis, all have them attacking on command, and they set them on other young lads for fun, I've seen it myself, it will be a major problem in the future I'd say 

• Sad 1