Belgain malions.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A keeper pal of mine has one , it’s a complete tool ...as a pet you’re be better of with a honey badger ..

have one since a pup,he is going on 8 now.malions dutch shepard all the same.

The post is about getting a dog pal not getting married ?

Posted Images

No a ma lion would make a terrible pet dog mainly because it's a cat but also there very protective of their cubs, a Belgian malinois would also make a terrible pet but since your an Irish nationalist I'd say go for it, maybe even consider two.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
1 hour ago, JDHUNTING said:

No a ma lion would make a terrible pet dog mainly because it's a cat but also there very protective of their cubs, a Belgian malinois would also make a terrible pet but since your an Irish nationalist I'd say go for it, maybe even consider two.

Stay off the drugs ?

Was watching some clips on YouTube about p.p, police and army dogs, and how they were trained. Found it interesting, hence my post, was just curious did any members own one.

I certainly have no intention of getting one, have no use for one, time or skill to train a dog of this type.

Atb j 

• Like 1

There will be lads on here who own them and are far more worldly to them then me about their pluses and negatives 

I’ve seen about 100 in my day to day work , I wouldn’t have one given . 

I dread to think about what one could possibly do in a pet home 

• Like 5
9 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

There will be lads on here who own them and are far more worldly to them then me about their pluses and negatives 

I’ve seen about 100 in my day to day work , I wouldn’t have one given . 

I dread to think about what one could possibly do in a pet home 

I agree with your post. I too came across then during my working life and I didn't feel the love. For my money the only reason they are so popular is a massive shortage of good GSDs and few alternatives. I can understand them being used for military or firearms work, but as a pet or as a general purpose police dog most of them that I saw were in my opinion too hyper for my taste.

• Like 2

They are kept by all sorts here. Many look fine as pets, but more than likely those aren’t necessarily straight from working lines. The ones from working lines invariably stand out, look ‘electric’ on the end of their leads & are probably used for ring sport etc.

A young falconer lad I know here has 4-5 of them, mostly used for sport. He teaches people as well. The one in the house is fine, the others in the kennels I wouldn’t be anywhere near! ?

A member on here has a lovely example from working lines that’s an absolute pleasure to be around. A lot will depend on how they are raised, but the average dog owner could soon find themselves out of their depth, myself included!

I really like a lot I’ve seen & have been tempted myself because I have the time, but I’m far too conscientious of fcuking it up & the consequences that go’s with it.

• Like 2