Fuel prices

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Born is the brains of this forum ,probably got proper exams ,not CSE'S ,YTS ,does joined up writing ,and doesn't need spell check ! 

Keep telling my mrs this. She wanted a new kitchen etc. told her hard times are coming keep saving ? be deals to be had when it comes I hope 

heres another take on things, but who knows!!    KATIE HOPKINS: PETROL PRICES ARE BEING PUSHED DELIBERATELY HIGH. FORGET BLAMING ‘RUSSIA’ BRANDNEWTUBE.COM

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

See that makes much more sense than the oil sellers putting prices up to drive us to leccy 

What I don't get is why the same bunch of loony toons that think covid was one massive conspiracy haven't cottoned on to the fact that covid was the economic cause of the oil price boom... It fits their theory perfectly.

Objective: kill off oil.

Step 1: develop an alternative to internal combustion/oil.

Step 2: cause a global industry downturn (covid).

Step 3: watch the industry dramatically reduce production by cutting staff and assets.

Step 4: end the event that caused the downturn and watch demand return to normal with an industry that can't meet the demand, causing a massive price hike and consequently people to embrace the Step 1 alternative.

Step 5: watch oil die.

3 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

What I don't get is why the same bunch of loony toons that think covid was one massive conspiracy haven't cottoned on to the fact that covid was the economic cause of the oil price boom... It fits their theory perfectly.

Step 3: watch the industry dramatically reduce production by cutting staff and assets.

Step 4: end the event that caused the downturn and watch demand return to normal with an industry that can't meet the demand, causing a massive price hike and consequently people to embrace the Step 1 alternative.

God your such a conspiracy theorist ???

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Side note tho, just been to customers gaff an we was chatting an he was asking about my ole Audi, Cnut only got a brand spanker Audi etron or what ever it called, parked next to a Tesla, I asked him what he preferred an he laughed an said no comp in it, Audi wins hands down. So maybe if I can ever afford one them, I may go leccy haha but anyways point is, he had both plugged into a box outside his house, that can’t be cheap, my house is eating leccy like jist now ?

The leccy for charging cars grows on trees katch lol that's what these climate change simpletons think anyway lol

Just now, W. Katchum said:

Do you think the price will level out soon? I seriously doubt it will ever drop again as who in there right mind drops price when they still selling the goods. Hoping it levels out, if im totally honest if me an missus hadn’t went solo a while back and started charging customers for fuel an stuff then I don’t know if we wouldnt have been able to afford to work the jobs we did

If I could predict markets I wouldn't be working for a living. I certainly wouldn't be on here entertaining the worlds lunatics! :laugh:

No one is controlling the oil price. Of course every oil company plans how much they want to produce to maximise their profits based on current and predicted market trends. So why don't they just all strangle production and keep the price up (controlling the price) I hear you ask... Because they're greedy capitalists that's why! They want to gain market share in a booming market so they want to produce more and sell more. The only reason they are not going hard to grow their companies and grow their production ability is because they are cautious of another downturn. If they borrowed a load of money to grab more market share than their competitors, rather than growing organically, then another downturn would f**k them and they'd be looking at chapter 11 bankruptcy.

Eventually companies will grow and consequently supply will meet demand. Assuming nothing happens to affect that again. You're a farmer ain't you? Surely you're very familiar with market volatility?

• Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

fcuk my ole man used to work an provide for us all, now me an missus graft like fcuk an are not far off scraping by, feel real sorry for the worse off 

So do I. I've got no real financial worries, but then I pay the price for those life choices. But there's gonna be more people with serious financial problems and they are going to want someone to blame. Wide spread social hardship has historically led to extreme political earthquakes as the people feel the pinch and blindly demand a change.

• Like 2
21 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

And just like that........Covid came along all by itself just at the right time!? 

Pure crackers ?

There is of course the fact that global demand for oil was growing pre covid anyway and showed no sign of stopping. Peak oil has been talked about for years and it is something to be treated with caution but nonetheless there is probably a finite reserve of oil and eventually it will just not be able to meet this forever growing demand.

Conventional reserves dry up, then innovators find ways of extracting the unconventionals, and that cycle continues. But at some point there's no more to squeeze out....

7 hours ago, Gypsydog94 said:

Would your company be able to claim the vat back? I wonder how many sites are having diggers drained now ?

I'm not sure if they claim the vat back..

Surely a lot of plant is being emptied I would think mate..

2ltr pop bottle full of diesel would cost £4..crazy prices..

On 17/06/2022 at 13:41, Gypsydog94 said:

Something like 48% is government tax ??‍♂️ Just call me a conspiracy theorist ??

One of the taxes that isn't earnings linked so it hits those on lower incomes. In theory if they were to scrap fuel duty and increase tax on earnings by a couple of pence the lower earners would be a lot better off.

Table-1.jpg