Fuel prices

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Born is the brains of this forum ,probably got proper exams ,not CSE'S ,YTS ,does joined up writing ,and doesn't need spell check ! 

Keep telling my mrs this. She wanted a new kitchen etc. told her hard times are coming keep saving ? be deals to be had when it comes I hope 

heres another take on things, but who knows!!    KATIE HOPKINS: PETROL PRICES ARE BEING PUSHED DELIBERATELY HIGH. FORGET BLAMING ‘RUSSIA’ BRANDNEWTUBE.COM

Posted Images

Beginning of the year I had a 2.0 tdi touran I used about 1/4 of a tank going to work and back and probably about same  at weekends used to put about £40 in a week ? 
engine seized so  scrapped it , bought a Audi A4 2.0 petrol  I liked look of  thinking no turbo and having no luck with diesels lately have a change ?Then the petrol goes up I had just under half tank at weekend so filled it up and it took £69 . My fuel is about £50 just for work so not day tripping so much at weekends now . 
went past a shell garage In town last night petrol was £1.91 a litre and diesel was around £1.96? 

I'm a mechanic, we do general repairs mots and vehicle recovery. I'm seeing more and more people having breakdown just because they've ran out of fuel, recovery work we've had to put price up and the amount of cars that come in for mot or service work with the light on is probably 9 out of every ten. 

• Like 1

Using white diesel in the quarry now..excavators burning through 500ltrs a day x2 36ton excavator 350ltrs .crusher 500..3 dumptrucks about 350 each..3 loading shovels 300 each..60,000 ltr diesel tank..

Scary amount of money turning to soot everyday...

• Sad 2
10 hours ago, king said:

Using white diesel in the quarry now..excavators burning through 500ltrs a day x2 36ton excavator 350ltrs .crusher 500..3 dumptrucks about 350 each..3 loading shovels 300 each..60,000 ltr diesel tank..

Get on it?

• Like 1
10 hours ago, king said:

Thought about the no more red scenario only yesterday. All those affected are really seeing a difference. 12 months ago red at 50p/Ltr now using white at nigh on £2/Ltr. Those prices will no doubt be passed on or at least some of it for all sectors affected, rising inflation hasn’t stopped yet with things like that still to work through the system.

• Like 1

I consider myself quite lucky in all this - I'm doing a lot of overtime and a lot of miles at the moment but, I've got a company van and a fuel card - it also means that I haven't got much time for driving my own car.

• Like 2
12 hours ago, king said:

Would your company be able to claim the vat back? I wonder how many sites are having diggers drained now ?

18 hours ago, reddog70 said:

heres another take on things,

but who knows!! 

BRANDNEWTUBE.COM

KATIE HOPKINS: PETROL PRICES ARE BEING PUSHED DELIBERATELY HIGH. FORGET...

Think I made those exact points a short while ago, but born put a graph up to show there was nothing to see and everything was kosher about the fuel costs and we actually need to show more sympathy for the oil giants making billions a month in profit and maybe have a whip round ????? 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
20 minutes ago, Gypsydog94 said:

Would your company be able to claim the vat back? I wonder how many sites are having diggers drained now ?

We run them dry everyday and leave the fuel caps off...saves the monkeys damaging them?

1 hour ago, Daniel cain said:

We run them dry everyday and leave the fuel caps off...saves the monkeys damaging them?

Chap who does abit of work for us had his tractor tank drained many times. Fuel cap don’t lock. But they still insist on drilling the tank Bellends. Lucky pop rivet and some sealant seals it 

• Sad 1
2 hours ago, Greyman said:

Think I made those exact points a short while ago, but born put a graph up to show there was nothing to see and everything was kosher about the fuel costs and we actually need to show more sympathy for the oil giants making billions a month in profit and maybe have a whip round ????? 

Listen to you, lol. Still not actually going to provide any evidence. Just like her frankly. Just a load of drum beating conjecture.

But you’ve got wisdom on your side right. Lol

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Neobliviscaris1776 said:

With an average fuel price increase of over 20p a litre in the last month..... you'd have to be drinking coolant fluid to think such a jump is anything but intentional. Evidence below in image. 

Screenshot_20220617-124418~3.png

You could say 'inflated'.

2 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Somebody somewhere is driving prices up an somebody is profiting big time. Folk keep saying about going to leccy cars, but who would they sell oil to then? I’m too daft for all this shit ?

Got to pay back furlough some how ?