Fuel prices

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Born is the brains of this forum ,probably got proper exams ,not CSE'S ,YTS ,does joined up writing ,and doesn't need spell check ! 

Keep telling my mrs this. She wanted a new kitchen etc. told her hard times are coming keep saving ? be deals to be had when it comes I hope 

heres another take on things, but who knows!!    KATIE HOPKINS: PETROL PRICES ARE BEING PUSHED DELIBERATELY HIGH. FORGET BLAMING ‘RUSSIA’ BRANDNEWTUBE.COM

Posted Images

1 hour ago, foxdropper said:

Mate in the know says Russia have pulled out of whatever they are part of .This has caused a massive knock on effect that will hopefully see a decent fall in fuel prices .

Mate, if they were giving it away at the pump you'd still be paying like 80p a litre! In the current climate there will be next to no investment going on as all operators focus on short term survival and then the price will sky rocket as there is a supply bottleneck. So it can't go any lower, this current price is unsustainable and only come about because of a political battle between OPEC and Russia. Theres a bit more to it than your mate says, not all Russia's fault but yeah that's the bottom line.

1 hour ago, Born Hunter said:

Mate, if they were giving it away at the pump you'd still be paying like 80p a litre! In the current climate there will be next to no investment going on as all operators focus on short term survival and then the price will sky rocket as there is a supply bottleneck. So it can't go any lower, this current price is unsustainable and only come about because of a political battle between OPEC and Russia. Theres a bit more to it than your mate says, not all Russia's fault but yeah that's the bottom line.

None of the oil suppliers make money when it's this low, but if SA just produce more to make up shortfall, they will put a lot of producers out of buisness. Agree once demand picks up and the glut is burnt through, prices will skyrocket. It may be a while yet though and cheap fuel will be no use if most people are out of jobs....

8 minutes ago, gazjon5 said:

None of the oil suppliers make money when it's this low, but if SA just produce more to make up shortfall, they will put a lot of producers out of buisness. Agree once demand picks up and the glut is burnt through, prices will skyrocket. It may be a while yet though and cheap fuel will be no use if most people are out of jobs....

Haven't Aramco tried this trick before... to flatten the shale drillers? Only problem was they didn't quite realise how adaptable the shale guys were who largely reduced their operating costs meaning they could come back on line at a lower price than before.

I cant see this one being long lived though. I reckon both sides will play chicken and then renegotiate. Can't see any adaptations keeping the price down like last time. Well, I hope not! Pays the bills! LOL

6 hours ago, Born Hunter said:

Haven't Aramco tried this trick before... to flatten the shale drillers? Only problem was they didn't quite realise how adaptable the shale guys were who largely reduced their operating costs meaning they could come back on line at a lower price than before.

I cant see this one being long lived though. I reckon both sides will play chicken and then renegotiate. Can't see any adaptations keeping the price down like last time. Well, I hope not! Pays the bills! LOL

Lol, agreed on it paying the bills. Who knows what to believe, or what goes on behind the scenes politically? Rumors here suggest even the usa shale has nowhere to go on cost cutting / efficiencies and it seems there is very little left to give for any producers, SA included. The Canadian production is f****d with Trudeau at the helm, and indigenous groups looking for a huge cut / payoff on every deal. At least the American producers were expanding and oil and gas investment was flying high with Trumps policies, up here in canuckstan companies are going bust daily. King flu and the associated stock market massacre are going to make this a brutal year though pretty much everywhere.

Edited by gazjon5
  • Like 1

Had a van on hire this last week, got a call from the rental people (Enterprise) if I wanted I could bring it back empty and they would only charge £1 a litre, Too late, already filled it at £1.09 ?

Cheers, D.

On 16/03/2020 at 11:53, gazjon5 said:

Ours had dropped to $0.749 CAD yesterday Tilly, crazy times, r u still on the island?

hi bud.....i've moved away from the island now at the end of last year to nova scotia....we drove from the west coast to the east coast and slept in the truck over night it took us 11 days in all at around 5600km.....it cost me in my truck $1100 so i could have done with todays fuel prices......lol lol 

mind you....say that.... i was carrying/towing over 3 tons.....lol lol

• Like 1
  • 2 years later...
7 minutes ago, WILF said:

€2:15 I seen it yesterday here !

It’s a joke. When oil was $1.09 a barrel fuel was £1.19 a litre. Now oil $89 a barrel and nearly £2 a litre ??‍♂️ Filled all the tractor up yesterday. Good way of spending £900 ?

• Sad 1
5 minutes ago, Gypsydog94 said:

It’s a joke. When oil was $1.09 a barrel fuel was £1.19 a litre. Now oil $89 a barrel and nearly £2 a litre ??‍♂️ Filled all the tractor up yesterday. Good way of spending £900 ?

The treasury is having a cold fortune out of all this mate, they have been encouraging people into ever increasing credit for the last 10 years or so and now I think they are about to close the doors of the trap.

Its going to be champagne all round for the investment banks, oil companies and the governments on their payroll…..but us poor c**ts are going to get raped and it’s going to be very painful ! 

Edited by WILF
  • Like 2
2 minutes ago, WILF said:

The treasury is having a cold fortune out of all this mate, they have been encouraging people into ever increasing credit for the last 10 years or so and now I think they are about to close the doors of the trap.

Its going to be champagne all round for the investment banks, oil companies and the governments on their payroll…..but us poor c**ts are going to get raped and it’s going to be very painful ! 

Keep telling my mrs this. She wanted a new kitchen etc. told her hard times are coming keep saving ? be deals to be had when it comes I hope 

• Like 4