Dogs pulling of stuff they know they can’t catch. Good or bad?

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If your getting out regularly and running a dog a lot it will eventually start running a little cleverly and even choosing runs if your only getting out rarely your geed up bored dog will run anything

I never fail to be amazed at how blinkered people on here can be. Lurchers are lots of things to lots of people, what suits one man could easily be shite to another.  There is a world of differen

A dog pretty much jacking is not for me. If i put the lamp on something i want a dog to try not think ah bit hard find me an easier one.some could say its handler error though overunning a dog on sill

Posted Images

30 minutes ago, nothernlite said:

Its like when your watching the whites in a distance away your dogs are working the moors its hard for them to resist running at them  they might the first one say it gets away im no want my dog doing that all day no be long the days over dogs are fecked

Sounds like bad handling 2 me if they see them and there fit the should at least have a go

• Haha 1

I have never been one for judging a dog that will at times pull from its quarry when it knows it’s flogging a dead horse so to speak.  What I don’t like is a dog not taking it’s chances when it’s right on its quarry then I question its heart.

I know myself when I’ve been  in x country races if the runner in front of me is too strong for me to catch or not, buy how much effort I am putting in and how I feel at the time.  You just get to know how strong folk seem to be around you in the race

34 minutes ago, Allan P said:

Some convince themselves they are really tough dog men, but really only go out hunting twice a month so of course their dogs chase anything that moves. 

Some go twice a week and have good dogs that give 100% every time, and they don’t need to make excuses for them.

Its not half hearted it’s just very very clever ?

1 minute ago, Aussie Whip said:

Sounds more of a mercy killing,glad the dog is ok.

He got out the motor to open a gate and I drove off and left him. I've never seen or heard from him since I worried for a long time as I never knew if he shut the gate or not!

• Haha 2
14 minutes ago, joe ox said:

He got out the motor to open a gate and I drove off and left him. I've never seen or heard from him since I worried for a long time as I never knew if he shut the gate or not!

What a horrible thing 2 do

2 hours ago, joe ox said:

Oh no sir they bite and it hurts sir, I have no intention of mixing it up with that thing sir. I could chase that thing to its safe point sir and look like I may catch it sir but I most definitely don't want to catch it sir because I may get bit sir, I do promise to look like I may catch it sir and act extremely disappointed that I don't catch it sir.

Seen and owned a few of that type. Lol. 

• Like 1